Inaccurate Scripting. How to handle? How to identify? Additional tag(s) required?

I think there are two conversations to be had in regards to inaccurate scripts.

1. Alternative (Freestyle) intentional scripting styles.

This can easily be solved with a tag system; and it seems like everyone agrees with that solution.

1. Due Diligence in the accuracy of scripts. Inadvertent Inaccuracy…poor scripting

This would have to take place at the community level in the form of ratings, feedback, and tips. The dilemma seems to be more about how to deal with the harshness and severity of diluting such feedback. Again I don’t think this is an overly complicated subject, but I would like a solution as to bring all possible scripters to their best potential. Just be involved. Provide that feedback. You can bring solutions to the problems you see. Active participation is THE solution. If Due Diligence in regards to accuracy is never taken by individual scripters they should be known by the fruits of their labor.

I know my first few script releases are inaccurate to some degree. I scripted them for the Handy which made perfect use of over embellishments in the actions. Since upgrading to the OSR2 all of my scripts are much more accurate as they can afford to be with the device they are being played by. I would not care at all if anyone pointed this out to me…but nobody has.

1 Like

Its because it barely matters. Even just a diffirent sleeve can already cause a very diffirent response to stroke lenght. The softer the sleeve, the longer the stroke has to be for similar effect.

There is no perfect combination here. Hence, scripts dont need to be perfect on that either.