Meta Quest 3 or SyncBot?

Right? These guys shill like @doublevr on steroids - and about as reasonable when you call them out on it.

Well, my name is derived from the DC Character Grifter and has been my online name for gaming since 2004. Talk any nonsense you want, doesn’t change a single thing. At the end of the day, you are the one that is missing out and not me.

Good scripts is really worthy, and free scripts could be for everyone. If a scripter with dozens of good free scripts ask syncbot from us, we always say yes :yum:

3 Likes

I have a Handy, Quest 2, and a Syncbot. I’m not sure how long I’ve had the Syncbot now. Certainly it’s been more than a month. I’ve used the Syncbot twice. After the first time I used it, I immediately wished that I had purchased a Quest 3 instead. I did not want to use it a second time, but I felt obligated to give it a second chance. I feel like I should try it a third time, but that’s time I could be using my Handy, and I like my Handy. It goes up and down. Up and down, aka in and out, is important to me. I also now have a grippy, stretchy strap that allows me to use any sleeve I want including sleeves that have a hard plastic case.

I wish it wasn’t so, but I really, really, really wish I had purchased a Quest 3.

7 Likes

Im about to get the Q3; but i want to be able to use the library i have in storage as well as SLR. How hard is it to get local vids and scripts to work with it and the handy? I would like to know so i can decide between the 128GB or 512. Thanks!

The Quest 3/VR and Handy are incredible. My suggestion would be to get VR first and combine with Handy. There is too much shilling going on with Syncbot and the fact you have to use their software AND hardware doesn’t sit right with me.

Someone should see exactly what Syncplayer is actually doing while installed on people’s home PC. Who knows what data is being sent where.

1 Like

Dude, you try so hard and aggressively to praise Syncbot and bash the handy that you make Syncbot seem like a scam lol. Jesus

6 Likes

Dude, cool.

I know what im getting

Thanks for reaching out but unfortunately I’m not a scripter. I tried ordering the syncbot but had to get refunded since theres no guarantee from your courier that it’ll ship to my location.

You need thicker lube if you’re having this issue. The thinner stuff doesn’t work well for the Syncbot. I recommend FavWater.

I got the 512 but then I set up an SMB server and haven’t copied any movies to the Quest.
I guess I better buy a lot of games lol.

Well, I apologize for my ignorance but please do tell what an SMB server is and how this allows you to skip downloading to the Q3. Thanks!

You can treat this essentially as your bible. How to use scripts in VR - picture guide (Heresphere / Whirligig)

Smb is just using local sharing through your own wifi. Your pc and quest should be on the same connection. You pick which files or folder(i prefer folder) to appear in the network. The newer version of heresphere auto scans which pcs have a shared folder so its a lot easier to setup. You can just bookmark the exact folder once you opened it so its just 1 click.

As @hifushvu012 so kindly provided the info already I can just say that while it takes a bit of an effort to set it up it really makes life so much easier.
Heresphere is such a great tool as well for watching videos and integrating with toys.

1 Like

it really is amazinmg , from quest 2 to quest 3 is game changing for sure, do it.

its simple pimple man, just hook the Q3 up to PC drag and drop into movies are , boosh play locally thru deovr or heresphere.
you wil NOT regret it

Thank you SO MUCH @hifushvu012 !!

Just looked it over: very nice, thank you @hifushvu012. I presume all this applies exactly the same to the Q3?

it should be. this is mostly the app so it should relatively look very similar