[MountBatten] Aesop's Fables | Live2Dで動くイソップ寓話 (English) - EDI

I did try it a few more times in the latest version of EDI and haven’t had an issue at all so maybe that was it.

In other news, their newest game will release soon 中間報告 - MountBatten - Ci-en(シエン)
Unfortunate that it seems like it was already delayed multiple times because of issues dealing with the English translator, hopefully this doesn’t put them off for next time.

2 Likes

His sequel came out.

RJ01178251_img_main

5 Likes

Really want to purchase it right now except… Damn you Mastercard

Seems like DLsite also required a bit more censoring before the game came out but let’s see. First I kinda want to figure out how to buy it though.

I bought points through https://dl-pay.com/ and in the end it was actually around the same price ($12) and I still have 130 points on DLsite leftover (vs paying $12~13 to DLsite and no points).

1 Like

So here’s an interesting issue:

The script seems to work with the edi.exe that comes with the mod, but if I update it with the newest edi.exe, it doesn’t work at all (wifi or bluetooth). Replacing the updated edi.exe with the one from the mod will get it working again.

You’re doing something wrong because it definitely works. To update EDI it’s not sure replacing the .exe file.

Briefly tried the new game and it’s great, as expected.
You now have much more control over the scenes with the manual mode, which would be interesting for an integration.
All the H-Scenes are again built with Live2D models tho, which would make scripting them much harder.
It’s also unfortunate that DLsite is preventing any type of easy uncensoring.

I’m very happy to see that the scene subtitles and main menu are translated, with the developer planning on translating the rest of the game as well.
Translating the last game was definitely the most time-consuming part of this mod.

I’m not doing anything wrong.

Replacing edi.exe, and only the edi.exe file is exactly how you’re supposed to update edi.

Putting a newer edi.exe in works (I used one I grabbed about 3ish weeks ago and it works), but putting in the newest one breaks it.

May I know how hard it is to mod the new game? :thinking:

Intercepting the initial animations for the mod was easy enough, but every motion has its own various sub-motions called “expressions”.
These mostly change the angle and slight movements of Doris, but can also affect the vertical movement.
The game would lend itself well for a Multi-Axis integration thanks to that (like how you did with Avy & Oniichan), but these expressions are annoying to intercept and even worse to record/script.
Live2D animations are already difficult to deal with, but these have a convoluted naming convention, and I’m not sure how we would go about recoding, let alone scripting them, since it seems some of them are more of an add-on to the original motion file.

It’s unfortunate since it’s a really awesome game, but unless we find a better way to script these expressions, or if the original creator could provide something to help, it would take quite a long time to fully script and mod it.

I’ve looked into the game and felt the same. There is 5 different rotation (and twist) for each blowjob animation. This would be perfect for multi-axis, but the workload would just be too much if we must attach one multi-axis script to each.

At one point I thought maybe we need something like VaM plugins which generates T-code data based on the relative position of live2d joints. But then scripts are still needed for nuanced movements such as glans licking…

There seems to be some performance issue with the game too - I’m running the application in compatibility mode due to its issue with windows 11. There’s severe lag spikes during animation transition, and occasional frame rate drops. I imagine even if a mod is made by intercepting playback command it can still go off-sync due to fps inconsistencies.

Guess we should hold off for now…

I also like Avy better (*´ I`)

Was thinking the same.
Would be awesome if we had something that could generate the scripts based on the Live2D data, since the motion files essentially already contain all the movement information. :magic_wand:

1 Like

This was an issue with HDR. Turning HDR off fixed it for me. Things are much smoother without compatibility mode, but not all that smooth.