MultiFunPlayer v1.31.0 - Multi axis funscript player - Now with SLR script streaming

It took 3 minutes and 39 seconds.

Well then the problem is outside of MFP.

I think there might be something wrong with your HDD, or its very very slow. Maybe it needs to be defragmented.
It took me 10s to filter 50k files on my HDD.

That’s very good news then since not only is that something I can change, but I already have plans to move those files to a new hard drive. In fact, they’re already on a backup hard drive which I could start using right away.

Unfortunately using a new hard drive has presented me with a different problem. When I use this new hard drive, which has all the same files but is bigger and faster, both the video and the script load immediately. Then when I click on a second video, Heresphere freezes for several seconds and crashes. Without exception, it always crashes on the second video. I then tried a completely different hard drive, and got the same results. It played the first video and script immediately, and then froze and crashed on the second video. I’m also trying different videos each time, and only using videos that I know for certain to be compatible with Heresphere. This only happens when connected to MFP. When I disconnect from MFP, I can play the videos one after another without issue.

None of this however seems to address the fact that I still can’t play files, no matter how long I wait, from the smb share that’s directly connected to my router. These files are the most important files for using Heresphere because they’re my VR files. I performed the same exercise with the command line to test the speed of that hard drive, and the results were instantaneous.

What do the logs and other stuff Yoooi asked about before say now? Or are those results still the same?

First let me ammend my statement that Heresphere crashes every time on the second video. I’ve just been able to play several videos in a row, but at the most we’re still talking only four or five here.

Here it is playing everything fine from a new HDD. This is the one connected to my SR1 and running MFP.

Summary

|TRACE|MultiFunPlayer.MediaSource.ViewModels.HereSphereMediaSource|Received “{
“path”: “/storage/emulated/0/BOUNCE (PMV).mp4”,
“resource”: “smb://NAME:PASSWORD@IPADDRESS/BR%20-%20Fun/Funscripts%2F%23%23%23Music%23%23%23%2FBOUNCE%20%28PMV%29%2FBOUNCE%20%28PMV%29.mp4”,
“identifier”: “BOUNCE (PMV).mp4”,
“duration”: 203.04600524902344,
“currentTime”: 22.222000122070312,
“playbackSpeed”: 1,
“playerState”: 0
}” from “HereSphere”

This appears to be the moment it crashed.

Summary

|DEBUG|MultiFunPlayer.MediaSource.ViewModels.HereSphereMediaSource|HereSphere failed with exception|System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host…
—> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10054): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource<System.Int32>.GetResult(Int16 token)
at MultiFunPlayer.Common.StreamExtensions.ReadBytesAsync(NetworkStream stream, Int32 count, CancellationToken token)
at MultiFunPlayer.Common.StreamExtensions.ReadBytesAsync(NetworkStream stream, Int32 count, CancellationToken token)
at MultiFunPlayer.MediaSource.ViewModels.HereSphereMediaSource.ReadAsync(TcpClient client, NetworkStream stream, CancellationToken token)
at MultiFunPlayer.Common.ExceptionExtensions.Throw(Exception e)
at MultiFunPlayer.Common.TaskExtensions.ThrowIfFaulted(Task task)
at MultiFunPlayer.MediaSource.ViewModels.HereSphereMediaSource.RunAsync(CancellationToken token)
at MultiFunPlayer.MediaSource.ViewModels.HereSphereMediaSource.RunAsync(CancellationToken token)

For the smb share connected directly to my router, the logs are the same because nothing has changed. Below is from the last thing I tried to play.

Summary

|TRACE|MultiFunPlayer.MediaSource.ViewModels.HereSphereMediaSource|Received “{
“path”: “/storage/emulated/0/Abella Anderson - The Best Blow Job Ever - BangBros (4k).mp4”,
“resource”: “smb://‘NAME:PASSWORD@IPADDRESS’/Fun/Funscripts%2FFunscripts%20-%202D%20-%202k%2B%2FAbella%20Anderson%20-%20The%20Best%20Blow%20Job%20Ever%20-%20BangBros%20%284k%29%2FAbella%20Anderson%20-%20The%20Best%20Blow%20Job%20Ever%20-%20BangBros%20%284k%29.mp4”,
“identifier”: “Abella Anderson - The Best Blow Job Ever - BangBros (4k).mp4”,
“duration”: 718.91400146484375,
“currentTime”: 137.63499450683594,
“playbackSpeed”: 1,
“playerState”: 1
}” from “HereSphere”

If it’s a select few videos then I suspect encoding on those videos possibly AV1 encoded. If so I believe it’s a case of having to wait for Heresphere to update to support AV1 or re-encode the videos to be x264 as I’ve read of VR video re-ecoders avoiding AV1 for that reason since you can’t manually update most VR video player codecs.

You can use MediaInfo to check the basic details of a video.

Upscale/FPS increase request topic , Video resolution mega poll and recommended multi-axis script along with single-axis script which is a Fap Hero.

I wish it was that simple, but this is not the case. The problems are not with a select group of videos, and I’m not playing anything AV1 encoded.

For the crashing that is occurring when connected to MFP, the pattern I’m seeing is that I can play any video that has been previously played. I can also play a new video that I have never played with MFP, but when I play a second new video it crashes. I have even played multiple previously played videos in between new video #1 and new video #2. New video #2 still always crashes it.

For the the videos connected directly to my router, those are also not AV1 encoded, and I am regularly trying new videos. They will play, but none of them will load their script.

Since I’ve figured out that the pattern of crashing videos is that it always crashes on the second new video, I started methodically playing videos without connecting to MFP. It turns out this is a problem with Heresphere. The reason I thought it was only happening with MFP is because after it would crash I would disconnect MFP and then play the video that just crashed again in Heresphere. Since it takes two new videos to trigger the crash, Heresphere would play the video a second time without incident. I’ll address this issue over on the Heresphere thread.

Of course, regardless of the problem above, I still can’t play scripts from the smb share connected to my router.

I have a problem with MFP randomly disconnecting from DeoVR/SLR and I have to connect it again on my PC. I’m using the correct IP/host or else it wouldn’t connect in the first place. I’ve tried using the auto-connect button, but I want to fix the main issue.

I’m using the latest MFP and DeoVR app on my quest 3.

I would need to see the log file. You are probably dropping wifi connection to the quest.

1 Like

Ah, I’ll try reconnecting the wifi on my quest 3. Thanks for the tip.

Auto connect for VLC seems to be broken in 1.29.4, was this fixed in 1.30.x?
I tried trace logging and auto connect attempt produces no logs.

There were auto connect changes in v1.30 so maybe?
It was never reported that there were issues auto connecting to VLC.

downloaded some multi axis scripts from Flowerstrample, how do I assign each script to the correct axis? I can’t seem to get them to upload to each individual axis.

They all will auto load, you just have to have the video name and funscripts named the same:

name.mp4
name.funscript
name.pitch.funscript
etc.
2 Likes

Since today i dont have PolledUpdate anymore :slightly_frowning_face:. I can only select Position.

Thats not where you change update type, you can only do it after mapping. The Position is actuator type.

Took some time but I figured it out.
I needed to completely add it again.
Thx for the update. Didn’t know I needed to add it again because of the update.

Having an issue when connected to SLR only the first script is loaded correctly, then when loading a new video the script does not update. Do you need a log for this? Thanks for all your hard work. :muscle:

Did you maybe by chance lock the L0 script?
You can unlock it via the first button under L0 axis.

1 Like