Old sales post

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delay.
Dmed

If you have the OSR2 then you would use the same hardware you already have. Measure the bolts you have and get back to me and I can make sure they are long enough. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I re read the build instructions and realized how it mounts to it and that I had read it wrong. Thanks a ton!

1 Like

I have had people ask in the past about the availability of a SR6 “All the Way” build.

It is now an option in the catalogue of the store will work on getting it on the front page.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Hello, I recently ordered and installed a pitcher servo to my OSR2, the new axis adds a lot to the experience! I’m just wondering if a little flex was normal for the pitcher servo mounting, or do I have my minimum value set too low to the point that it’s making contact?

I used Klarmacy’s Wattson scripts and OFS’s 3d simulator to make sure the servo isn’t reversed, thought it was too at first since it was making contact with the plate, reversed it and noticed it pitched away from me waay too much

Sounds like the range could be reduce or we can fine tune the home position of the pitcher arm to resolve the problem. DM’ed

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘more managed wires’ but I never really understood why you send so much crap in through the upper right when sending a few more things through the lower left or even right would make wire management inside way easier. might also be able to combine a few of the power cables into a single larger gauge just outside the case so there’s fewer things to deal with inside, essentially moving part of the powerbus outside the case or just embed it into the case. and maybe send the wiring down the arms to give it a cleaner look.

1 Like

This is great feedback! I will look into this and do my best to report back here on what I implement. I rely heavily on this kind of feedback and it helps to build a better experience for everyone. I appreciate all of you and the time you take to help improve this device. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello! I was recently having trouble with a few things with my OSR2. I had a pitcher home error, where it wouldn’t move to it’s home position and would make contact with the back plate of the pitcher add on. M0SAIC helped me through a few days with the flashing procedures and firmware issues, and with all of his help I pretty much learned the ins and outs of how the OSR2 works. If you’re having issues with your OSR2, or want to purchase one since you’ve noticed the pool of owners is increasing, go to M0SAIC!

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words.

What’s the best one to get? I assume SR6? But no one is really making scripts for it right? So maybe OSR2+?

Similar question here as well - OSR+ vs. SR6. SR6 is really new, so my only concern there is buying “too soon.” If I’m going to spend the money, I always prefer future-proofing, so leaning towards the SR6 unless there are cons I’m overlooking.

@M0SAIC whats the lead time on the OSR2+ and SR6 these days? Contemplating ordering in the next few days.

Does the adapter for smaller inserts work with the handy sleeve? Or is there any adapter for that?

I’m interested in this but need some details.

Does it require wifi connection like the handy does? And what are some of the mounting setups out there? I need to be able to setup and take down. I can’t have anything permanently mounted.

@UJN @scottay @element209

I will do my best to make a concise reply to all of your questions here so that other might also have their questions answered. In the mean time I have Dm’ed each out you.

Edit:

Personally I prefer the SR2 platform. I find it to be faster and have a slightly longer stroke length. If I am being honest it is more simple for me to build/repair at this time. There have been many more QOL updates based on the community’s feedback to the SR2 as it has been more tested/vetted.

That being said those things do not make it the best for everyone.

Individuals who prefer more slow paced content and want the 6 directions of movement should go with the SR6.

As far as scripts any script that works for the SR2 will work with the SR6 and there a script players that allow you to randomize the other axes and modify the length and speed of those strokes as well.

There are more Multi axis scripts every week or so. I see mostly scripts that implement the twist servo but there has been more of the roll/ pitch scripts being made as well.

Lead time right now is 5-7 business days. I had a logistics issue with 360 servos not being in stock and then again when the shipment was delayed as a result of a mechanical error. It delayed builds almost a whole week. I am back on track now.

Mounting solutions are only limited to you imagination/resources. If you look through this thread you will find some option and on the Tempest discord in the show and tell you will see many good examples as well. I use a monitor arm that is removable form the desk. I 3D print a desk clamp and mounting frame also designed by Tempest.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

2 Likes

Is the “Parallax feedback 900-003600” still only option for twist-servo?

I just got samples in of the Feetech 360 servo in the mail. It requires a modification to the Tcode to operate. If it works well I might consider switching over.

Are you looking for a quieter twist servo?

Do any of you use the OSR without a mount? Is it possible?

Can you use all the same mods on the SR2+ with the SR6? Any limitations or differences? When does the summer sale end?

1 Like