Old sales post

SR6 is now available to purchase please email me or DM me here a Screenshot of your Patreon receipt for TempestMAx’s Patreon subscription as proof that you are a top level supporter. I will reach out via email as well. If I do not get the email or direct message within 7 days I will be refunding the money minus the PayPal fee. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Also

20210308_051921

I have new fan options.

20210308_053918

2 Likes

Would you - or anyone who tried an OSR2 - say that the stroking is smoother in terms of less robotical than with the handy? I feel like the close to instant switching of the direction is a bit detrimental to the “Realness” of it all. A device capable of doing the direction switches just a bit more fluently would have a big appeal to me, smooth velocity curves would be absolutely unreal.

The OSR2 beats the handy by a lot even if you cheap out on the servos the OSR2 is always superior.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the handy was capable of smooth motion but right now it’s at the very least a firmware limitation

The handy is definitely more convinient to setup, use and than later stash away for sure.

2 Likes

OSR2 is as real as it gets (Hopefully Handy employs smoother Spline playback one day though)

It can be extremely smooth and it can be extremely delicate and aggressive whenever needed (even on cheap servos like I have)
If max smoothness and realness is what you are looking for, then u need an OSR2

2 Likes

This is really where it is at. The spline playback is a real win for smoothness.

The SR6 looks incredible is extremely tempting. So many possibilities with the SR6 and the potential to create really cool scripts with it.

Funny, that a tinkerer is able to do it all by himself and yet no bigger company is able to releasse a masturbation device like this. Maybe a company is working on something like this. The sex toy market is quite big and the market for automatic strokers seems to grow as well I feel like. So it would sense for a company to jump on that train and develop something amazing and revolutionary.

Only thing that currently keeps me from not buying a OSR2+ or SR6 is, that it is more like something for tinkerers. If I buy something, especially for this price, I want everything to work and to be complete. I would like to have a proper mount for example. Where I could mount the device to my desk / table and also would be able to use the device while sitting or while laying down.

I will definitely keep an eye on the whole development and hope to see a proper consumer edition one day. When we get this, I’ll buy one in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Profit margins/final price, production costs, design suitable for mass production, usability, safety regulations (mechanical and electrical), component lifetime and so on can do wonders in preventing product from reaching the market unfortunately.

3 Likes

Sounds great! To be clear, does that mean if I play the same script with the Handy and the OSR2+, it will be significantly smoother with the latter? Or does it have to be a script that actually has a smoother spline that only the OSR2+ could play?

1 Like

If you play the same script with the Handy and the OSR2+, will it be noticeably smoother with the latter if you use the spline setting to be specific? @Realcumber

I do not have a handy so I cannot confirm…I am not going to just assume however.

All scripts using Spline playback feature in a player (I have only really tested with @raser1 's JFP) will be much smoother experience on OSR2/OSR2+

Handy does not have spline playback features (yet), but im not sure though if Handy Control app can do that - @Lucifie can confirm though

2 Likes

If you have too much timestamps in a script then you can feel Handy stuttering. It’s working but it just feels wrong. I think thats something the firmware has to support so it smooths the movement.

On fast scripts a basic up down timestamp works best. If you go slower then you can add more points inbetween without stuttering.

I might ask the Handy team if there is anything they can do.

2 Likes

I have discussed this type of playback with Handy before. They might be able to add it in the future. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Response from Alexander:

Yes, we should be able to solve that in the FW. I want optimize the motor control algorithm by a lot. The biggest problem is that the Handy gets to the desired point before it should and it stops and then start again to move to the next point after a wait time. In CSV or streaming mode we know the next point in advance and can make the algorithms much smarter, resulting in smoother movement with more data (and smoother motion in general). But its still a motor with inertia, so there will be some limitations, but it can differently get much better.

4 Likes

More updates by Handy:

Adding to that, FW3 is smart enough to not stop the movement if the target point has already been reached AND another movement is coming up soon (as long as the stroker limits are not reached of course). This should improve the stuttering over FW2, but as mentioned already the game-changer is going to be sort of spline interpolation or smooth function when direction changes, which should also improve noise. I don’t expect it to be ready for 3.0 release, maybe for 3.1

4 Likes

Hey Mosaic, you are doing great job!
I have a couple questions, since would like to buy some device:
-When SR6 will be available for everybody?
-Are there any mods/upgrades for it? Like wifi or suction?
-Are in plans for SR6 packs like -All The Way- for osr2? or just indvidual order with all possible mods?

The SR6 alpha will be available to all tiers of subscribers starting at the end of this month as new content is only available to top tier subscribers for the first 3 months.

While it is alpha add-ons are being released. So far I think we are just waiting on the I-Lube to be modified so that it will bolt on easily.

Right now the T-Valve, Mod Case, and Twist Upgrades are all available.

I will be adding a recommended build this evening/tomorrow and once the I-Lube is released I will be releasing the All the Way bundle.

No wi-fi yet still working on that one.

4 Likes

Hey if I get an OSR2 for exemple. How much time will it take tobuild it and send it to west europe ?

While waiting for an official answer someone up in the thread wrote about 2 weeks ago:

So overall super happy with my purchase, first impressions are the device is amazing, purchase was easy, arrived ~3 weeks after I ordered it I think

In a reply to that M0saic wrote:

I expect to be caught up on orders in the next week or so, that way purchasers are not waiting quite so long.

1 Like

That is accurate. I just moved to the next town over and I managed to keep things moving along pretty smoothly. Right now lead time for the OSR is ~2 weeks.