OpenFunscripter - a scripting tool - 3.2.0 release

Hey, I just followed Husky’s instructions on how to install OFS. When I start OFS, it immediately crashes. I tried searching the forum for information but I could not find any. Would you happen to know how to fix this?

Have you tried the non-AVX version (works with a wider range of CPU:s) and have you read this post above:

1 Like

Hey sentinel,

Thanks for replying.

I checked the OFS.log and this is the error that I get: [error][MPV] (libmpv_render): after creating texture: OpenGL error INVALID_VALUE.

I am assuming that my GPU is not OpenGL 3.3 compatible? I am running a RX 6950xt on my PC. I tried looking for how to download OpenGL for AMD GPUs, and the information I arrived at was that the latest drivers should support OpenGL.

Hello,
I was working on a script, noticed I still was on version 2.0 of OFS, I updated to 3.2.0 and now when I try to open my old projects OFS give me un unknown error:

OFS failed

Should I go back to 2.0? I also tried copying the backup folder, but it didn’t help.

I’m using the windows 64 AVX, since I checked and my Ryzen 5950x is AVX compatible. In the meanwhile I also tried the non AVX version and it gives me the same error. I will try to uninstall everything and reinstalling.

Never mind, I just found out the projects are not compatible from 2 to 3. I will try reinstalling 2 aside 3.

For anybody in the same situation, I was able to create a new project in 3.2.0 using my old funscript. Just export the script from your old project in a new folder with the same video, import the funscript and it should open them. Then save your new project in 3.2.0 format.

You have to wait for @gagax123 to reply on this. Your GPU is a fresh one, but I don’t know how to interpret that it supports OpenGL 4.6. Isn’t it backward compatible (retorical question that I don’t expect you to answer)? Having up to date drivers is almost always a good choice to do when running into issues.

libmpv is the 3rd party component for video rendering and I have no experiences with that personally. I know that it can be quirky to deal with sometimes based on old discussions during OFS lifetime and also what I’ve read when I searched for answers before. Anyways, I belive gagax use it to be able to be platform independent (Windows, Mac, Linux).

I can’t even get 3.2 to open. When I try to open OFS 3.2, I just get a loading icon then nothing happens. After almost a week of troubleshooting, I’ve given up and reverted to 2.0 release.

1 Like

you can open your 2.0 exported scripts in 3.2.0 and save a new project.

This error is as far as I know always present and completely meaningless.
An RX 6950xt is definitely compatible.
opengl is not something you download it’s a specification for an api which is implemented in the graphics driver.
I’d like to know why it doesn’t start for you but I’ve also got no way to find this out.

Since 3.0.0 I cannot open video or funscript files that are on network share.
If I copy files on local disk it works well.
Anybody have the same error ?

@gagax123 Is it a known bug ? Or is only me ?

I have no issues opening a video located on my NAS (volumes mounted and accessible by a drive letter in Windows).

@artoo Likely there’s an old .ofsp file in the same directory.

2 Likes

Thanks, that was exactly that. :+1:
I read on the change log that 2.0 project are incompatible with 3.0.
But I didn’t think that the old ofsp will be automatically load.

Hmm, since you have no idea on how to figure this out, I guess I will try something else or use another computer and see if that works. Thank you for your time!

Not sure if I screwed something up trying to get it working scripting vr stuff instead of 2D, or if it was the upgrade to 3.2, but I used to be able to click into points graph and it would commit any pending actions. I use the Funscript generator a lot and then clean up the scripts. Used to be after the lua added the points, I could click and they became permanent and I could edit. Now it leaves them blue and in the undo buffer, and deleting a point deletes the whole series? I have to close the file and reopen to get the old behavior and that sucks.

I’m still using 2.0.0 which has the clip feature and I was wondering, is there any way to export the clip without it re-rendering the clip like you can in Joyfunscripter or something like Avidemux? I only really use Joyfunscripter for the clip feature but my issue with it is that 75% of the time you won’t get a script to export with the clip so you have to manually re-sync it up with the clip.

I saw on GitHub that you have add back the clip export feature as one of your commits and was curious if this is something that could be possibly added?

Either way I appreciate all your work on the program, thanks!

hello, idk if this could be implemented or already is and I just didn’t see it but could the option to scroll through the video we are scripting using the time bar be implemented?
Screenshot 2023-01-13 182205

Another option could be giving the option to go through the video by seconds or even deciseconds, instead of using frames.

You can click and drag in the heatmap area to jump through the video. I don’t know if that’s what you mean with scroll.

You have several options in the Mode pane if you don’t want Frame to be used. Maybe you can find a scripting mode that suites you needs there.

Just a quick question. Does OFS works on Windows 11? I am thinking about upgrading, but want to make sure OFS works under Windows 11.

How do I use chapters? I can’t work out how to resize them so they are all a tenth of a second long.

It is described in an earlier post OpenFunscripter - a scripting tool - 3.2.0 release - #7 by gagax123
Watch the animation.

1 Like