OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 2.0.0 release

Hi,

Just for the information and if someone runs into same problem, it might save few minutes of time and frustration.

When I tried to run custom scripts, it would just result into error in console.

..."]:22: attempt to index a nil value (global 'CurrentScript')

When I investigated the problem I found some problem with UTF-8 encoding when starting the program.

ERROR: C:\Users\fellaatio\OneDrive\Ty�p�yt�\MasterB\OFSbeta\data\lua is not valid utf8
ERROR: Failed to create directory: M��ritetty� polkua ei l�ydy.

SOLUTION

I am not sure if the problem is with the program or not but moving the program into another directory that had no ÄÖ’s has solved the problem.

I’ve been playing around with making some multi-axis scripts and one thing that I noticed on my system is that the 3d simulator doesn’t seem to be working properly. It seems to go opposite directions for pitch (i.e. it doesn’t seem to reflect what would be happening if I was looking at my OSR2+) and twist seems to sometimes be shown and not others.

@Mument2000 If you believe it to be a defect then report it here with as much technical info as possible about the issue:

I’ve just found the settings box. I’d managed to lose it off screen or hidden it somehow. The problem was the simulator was assigning the wrong action (roll being assigned to twist for example). All sorted now :slight_smile:

Is there a option to select a section and make them all go to bottom or top with the thrust length they have gained via the auto tracker program. if not could you make a option. Its mainly to correct standing motions when there moving back and farward.

I don’t wanna brag but I created two lua scripts for that purpose :wink:

You can bind them to any key the same way you do with motion tracker.

2 Likes

Similar to this, is there a way when using simplify that it will make the topmost or bottom most points on an individual peak the same height? I find that sometimes it’s better to have a short section at a peak where there is no movement rather than a single point for timing reasons, but if the two points are not exactly the same height the launch reads it as a movement but the interval is so short it causes it to skip parts. If they’re the same height it seems to work better but when scripting with a controller and using simplify these are pretty much always different heights.

I created a small maintenance release.
No big features were added.
1.3.1a Github

9 Likes

Much appreciated. Thanks for all your work with OFS!

@gagax123 I have a CPU load issue with 1.3.1. I’ve opened a ticket in git about it.

Yes thanks for noticing there was a bug in my file logger.
If you grabbed 1.3.1 update to 1.3.1a Github.

1 Like

The silence is back :slight_smile:

It seems to work fine now. The constant process load caused by OFS is back to about 60% on one core (no turbo boost necessary) and about 20-30% on 2-3 other cores, just like it used to be. Thanks for the fast update!

1 Like

This post has a criminally low amount of likes. It makes me feel sad.

@gagax123 Is the OFS configuration file for 1.3.1.a compatible with 1.2.1 so that I can copy from my old OFS installation?

@sentinel yes it is and yes you can

1 Like

Is it possible or could it be added if its not to have a scripting mode where you control time with the arrow keys kinda like the people who script with numpad but then enter points with the mouse. I find the recording mode cool but the action often speeds up and slows down so its hard to pick a speed. So I would like to click on the measuring stick when and where I want a point while controlling speed frame by frame.

@Analair By default shift clicking the simulator will add a point at that height.
You can remove the need to hold shift by going into Options->Keys->Modifiers and clearing the shift modifier.
You can also use right shift which is close to the arrow keys.

The thing is I’m not actually checking if the mouse is on the simulator so if you clear the modifier and click at the same height as the simulator a point is added. I may fix this. some time

Edit: On second thought the best thing you can do is go to Options->Keys->Modifiers and rebind to the right ctrl key. So one hand on the arrow keys + right ctrl and the other on the mouse.

So im a noob to scripting and have tried FunScripter but to no avail. I downloaded the zip of OFS off the GitHub Repo but there is no .exe in order to install it. Am I missing something?

@Jazzyjas00 If you want an installer then download the exe instead of the zip. The zip is a distribution for those that don’t want to run an installer or who what to run multiple versions of OFS side by side.

That’s what I was looking for thanks.