OSR2+ g90ak Edition - Extremely Limited Availability - $160 + Shipping - Dropping Monthly Starting in 2024

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to drop a note and say that there will not be a drop on the 1st of the month as usual.

I have units here complete and ready to go EXCEPT for a single part that I’m waiting on from China - the rod end bearings. These are the parts that allow the receiver to swivel/articulate. Chinese New Year has slowed down some of my suppliers, but hopefully they’ll be here in the first week of the month and I’ll release the drop then. I’ll give a 24 hour notice in this thread before I drop.

More detail -
I did try this style of bearing that I was able to source domestically.

It was an utter failure - the bearings popped out of the socket during my stress testing for about 30% of those I tested. AND, they have less swivel travel than the other type - exact opposite of what you want. I’m not sure if it was the batch I got, but I would recommend avoiding builds using these type of bearings.

4 Likes

Got a surprise package in the mail today - got the ball end bearings!!!

8hey40

Drop WILL occur as previously scheduled on March 1st, at 12:00am Eastern Time.

Got some more “masculine” colorways and a couple improvements to my process/design to share.

2 Likes

In your drop you mentioned bad first layer adhesion with the carbon design.
Maybe dimafix could help with that?
I expect you will have tried it or similar glues already, but if not it could be interesting to look into.

The Printbed needs to be heated for it to properly stick, so fillaments where the bed is cold, probably wouldn’t work.
But it has helped me with getting PLA/PETG/TPU to stick even with small first layer surfaces.

Also helps with getting PETG off of a glas bed without needing extreme amounts of force.

Been using it on Metal and Glass plates so far.
Never tried to have a Carbon or different pattern on the first layer, so I can’t tell if it would help in that specific case.

Not sponsored or affiliated, just generaly happy with it.

I’d like to buy one please.

I try and avoid using glues since they can leave a residue on the part. Also with these patterned build plates, ANY foreign matter between the plate and the print affects the transfer of the microscopic pattern. So it’s mainly making sure that the bed is COMPLETELY CLEAN - scrubbed with dish soap and hot water, and making sure there is no drafts or anything during the print.

Sure - i think there is 1 still available in the latest drop thread - post in there to reserve your spot. Better hurry!

I read through the post but im sorry if i missed it but what is the default holder it uses? i saw on later posts the prices for the adapters for fleshlights and other popular holders but i thought this was default felshlight holding. Sorry im not familiar with OSR2+ so it might be a dumb question.

Hi there! Default holder is the full sized Fleshlight. I have adapters for the Handy, Fleshlight Pilot, Onaholes, Fleshlight Quickshot, and Keon Feel Stroker.

So, to be honest… i wasnt even considering one until this day. And iam not a tech wizz either. I was looking into the whole thing for two hours now… and oh boy… iam a little overwhelmed with this stuff and dont now what is going on anymore.

So there are so many different versions of this thing. This one here looks like its something iam interested in for a reasonable price and it seems to have good quality modifications, like better screws, servos and such than the other model available i think. But iam really tired of finding out myself which is what and what it can do.

I dont really understand the differences between SR6, OSR2 and OSR2+ and so on…

So well, i just ask, OSR, OSR2+ and SR6 what are the major differences between those? Its clear you are building a version of the OSR2+ with overall, i would say improvments for everything that matters in quality as i get it.

AAAAND iam from germany, can you ship it here what will be the complete price in € for the whole thing without worrying too much? (power suppply i can buy myself i guess, USB cable… well got tons of them)

Iam not in a hurry though… so its no problem to wait for the next available thing you drop. Oh yeah… and no creditcard, paypal would be my choice i guess.

Haha, just 2 hours?!

Not really - there may be different builders, or “forks” of the original OSR2, but they all work pretty similarly. I try and keep true to the original open source geometry so accessories are compatible. Others have gone to try and make them more compact or larger, but for the most part, they’re all the same under the hood.

OSR has 2 servos, allowing the unit to move up and down like the Fleshlight Launch or Handy.
OSR2+ has 3 servos, allowing the unit to move up and down, tilt forward back, and tilt side to side.
SR6 has 6 servos, allowing the unit to move up and down, front to back, side to side, and tilt.

Here’s a response to a previous thread discussing OSR vs SR6. I PERSONALLY prefer the OSR2+ (which is why I’ve evolved it and build it exclusively), but everyone is different.

Yes, I ship to Germany. Contact me for a shipping quote - I need a physical address to calculate it, but it’s typically around 60-80 dollars.

Doesn’t require you to be a wizz, but having some tech experience is helpful. If you’re just looking to get into the “toy” realm, The Handy is a good starting point. I don’t want your first foray to be something that is a bit more DIY than you’re expecting. Just want to be clear about that. I do have a setup guide that I share with my customers that helps, but it definitely requires some knowledge of computers and tech-common sense.

Thanks, so i already own the launch and the handy.

Launch is close to dying i think… it has done its job for six years now without many issues… the bluetooth connection is sometimes lost, other than that everything was fine… until recently, the battery only last about half an hour now, which is just not long enough anymore… wasnt an issue before so yeah, battery is dying.

So i bought the handy. Which iam disappointed in. The handy sleeves are not that good, i have 3 of them (lips, lotus and the one that came with the device) the whole thing with the strap is just annoying and its always slipping and doesnt stay where its supposed to be, i even baught some straps with silicone on one side so they kinda “glue” onto the sleeve, that solves the slipping issue somewhat but the overall feeling is just nothing compared to a good fleshlight.

Other issues i have with the handy is the whole thing itself, how to hold it that it doesnt “kick like a horse” for example… and it really cant handle a fleshlight at all. Yeah i can strap it to it, very firmly so it doesnt wobble around, but the movement of the handy is totally not working anymore with a fleshlight, and with a fleshlight attached to it i dont see a comfortable way to even hold the thing so i can “concentrate” on… well, the thing iam using it for :smiley: and i have a pretty big fleshlight collection baught over the years… shame to not make use of them.

I guess for a fast round… like cock heros or so, the handy with it sleeves are fine and i will use it like that from time to time, but for a relaxing VR experience? Nope, not with the handy and not without my favorite fleshlights.

What does “more powerful” mean compared to the handy or the launch if you know what they are capable of? If your OSR here can handle a fleshlight maybe even better than the launch, i dont see the point in buying a more expensive SR6. And i already read about it that the servos and some other issues came up about 6 months after using it and so on… iam really not looking forward to tinkter with the thing every half year. Thats why iam interested in your build here, it looks way more solid and overall more “trustworthy” than the ones i saw… noise doesnt matter to me, using overear headphones any way, the launch isnt exactly quiet either but i dont hear it with the headphones on.

So overall 220€ (160$ + maybe 80$ for shipping is 240$ total in € thats 220)

Can i add the “twisting” modification to your OSR2+? Its pretty much the only “extra” movement iam interested in… i saw that its available as a single mod on the other site, but dont now if it would be compatible with yours. If so… i guess i will try to be the first on your next drop ^^

I agree - they feel like… Handy sleeves. Not realistic at all. If you have Fleshlights already, then the OSR2+ is a good ecosystem to get into.

Yep, lack of a hands-free mount is a HUGE miss from them. OSR2 has standard VESA 100 mounting holes, so there is a ton of potential of mounts.

I don’t have a Launch, but the OSR2+, even with cheap servos, can move quicker and with more torque than the The Handy. The Handy WILL be smoother at movement than cheap servos though.

I am not a servo manufacturer, and I do not offer any sort of warranty with the OSR2+s I sell. Just want to be 100% crystal clear on that. I can’t help if a component dies after 6 min or 6 months. That’s how I keep my cost so low - this is a fancy hobby that I am passionate about, not a business to me. My margins do not allow for me to provide ongoing warranty support. That said, all of the modifications that I’ve done to the open source design have been to improve reliability.

Not sure, every time I run UPS quote, it returns at like $200. I am 100% willing to use whatever shipping you find though - Just send me the shipping label and I’ll be happy to slap it on the box and get it out.

Sorry, I don’t offer twist. Too loud, heavy, and adds unnecessary complexity from my testing. Your Hobbies Customized offers twist and a ton of other accessories if you’re looking for those.

Little misunderstanding. I just wanted to know if the twisting mod is compatible with your device, i already knew that you dont offer it,

Oh and for the shipping thing, yeah already deleted my post again, its VERY confusing so we have to look into it.

edit yeah so shipping will be around 60-70$ with worldwide expedited from UPS (at least a online calculator put out that option), seems to be the best option and is pretty fast to btw, just a few days… witchcraft :smiley:

Yes it will fit. Though the Twist is its own receiver. You’d have to print that (and its inner mechanisms) out, assemble it and replace the receiver g90ak prints you.

1 Like

So i guess its waiting time for the next drop? :smiley: You make a new thread for the april drop if its time i guess?

Yep, there will be drops on the 1st of each month. There are also mid-month drops if I’m able to have free time to build additional units.

I have some changes/upgrades coming for new circuit boards, process changes for build, and servo changes.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be on vacation during the 1st part of April so there will not be a drop as usual on the 1st. The good news is that there will be a mid-April drop with FOUR units instead of two. Two of them will come with upgraded servos, and two will come with the base/standard servos.

Thank you to all who have shown interest. I will be available to answer questions and provide any info - just not able to ship while on vacation.

3 Likes

What is the price for the upgraded servo model?

good question! Depends on how much they are selling for when I purchase. It’ll likely be $245 for the g90ak Edition OSR2+ with upgraded servos.

In case you haven’t seen it, I’m running a servo comparison here:

I’ll announce which servos are which #'s in the test in a day. Right now, I CAN confirm that the servos that I’m using for upgrades is included in the blind comparison.

1 Like

The test is amazing and obvious (posted already there)

if its possible to get the better servos that are not that loud i would be thrilled. Hopefully i can get one of those in the next drop… the effort you put into the work is awesome. But, i think that the power of the servos are much more important? If they cant handle the fleshlights for example or are making movements that the whole table starts to shake its a bigger problem than some sounds :smiley:

i saw videos with the osr where the table attached to it was rattled like during an earthquake… and it was a normal big table not some small couch-thing.