OSR2/SR6 Twist Clip Ring Gear alternatives/fixes/modifications?

Hey there, I’ve got an two questions for other long term owners (6+ months) have you found the Twist Clip Ring Gear breaking, specifically the meant to be bendable clip? As I’ve found mine recently has split open on the inside…side of it which has resulted in a few incidents where the twist motion made the adapter secured in, pop out.

Twist Clip Ring Gear example images

So I’m wondering two things, if I can temporarily fix the clip with some glue or tape (while I get a replacement); or if there is and more sturdy option to replace the entire Twist Clip Ring Gear piece with? (or just modify it to be better)
Like would it be possible to have the inside of the ring be coated in hard rubber while the clip itself is rubber too or have the clip be replaced with an wedge of sorts that is inserted into the space the clip has? (which also then I think would be the only easy DIY option)

Thoughts on this all?

You can try PETG - its more flexible than PLA although less stiff. It will flex more and resist cracking. It could be a good use case for it over PLA here (but maybe it was already PETG…)

1 Like

I think it was PLA as the rest of the SR6 I got (they both feel the same to me) so if I get a replacement one I’ll make sure it’s then made of PETG then.

But I still wonder if the is a better way for doing the clip or instead of it so it breaking doesn’t mean you have to take apart the whole thing or it’s stronger. (along with being easier as jezz it was stiff to get adapters out of it for the first few times)

Id suggest going to the TempestMax Discord. I think hes made changes to this, I dont know, im sure SOMEONE there has. One thing I’ve found is that scripts where it twists while right at the base tend to pop mine off regardless, im not sure if theres a way to limit this somehow via multifunplayer or not.

If you dont have a printer and time to tinker you might have to ask one of those folks in there to print one and send it to you.