Progress on SR1 2.0 and the September event

If everything goes smoothly, I will release the upgraded version of FUNSR1, called FUNSR1 2.0, by early November at the latest.

FUNSR1 2.0 is a comprehensive upgrade from FUNSR1, with the main differences being:

1. Transitioning from a handcrafted product to a commercial product, the device uses more prefabricated materials instead of 3D printing, resulting in a simpler structure and increased stability.
  2. Reduced friction, which will lead to a decrease in noise levels.
  3. Support for a twist module.
  4. Optimized smoothness algorithm design with additional support for VAM.

Here are some actual videos I filmed today

1. Smooth operation video

2. Adjusting the receiver position

3. Twist module

FAQ:

Q: I am an existing customer who has purchased FUNSR1. Can I buy the rotating module separately for an upgrade?
Currently, I don’t have a good solution. Since the FUNSR1 design did not consider future upgrades, there are no reserved interfaces for this. However, I will offer a substantial discount to existing FUNSR1 customers.

Q: I want to purchase FUNSR1. Should I buy it now or wait for the 2.0 version?
If you want to experience it sooner, you should buy it now. If you prefer a better device, then wait for the 2.0 version.

September Autumn Promotion:

Promotion Period: From now until September 30th

1. For the standard version of SR6 and the low-noise version of SR6, a fan will be added by default and a VESA mount will be included as a gift.
  2. For customers in the US and Europe, when purchasing the low-noise version of OSR2+ and SR6, UPS shipping will be used by default (shipping to the US takes as little as 2-3 days). (Note: OSR2+ does not come with a fan; only SR6 includes a fan.)

$20 Discount Code:
FUNOSRPRO
Enter the discount code at checkout to use it.

26 Likes

So what SLR promised to release at the end of last year - a smooth stroker with Z rotations, the community did :wink:

7 Likes

Any updates for shipment to Germany through Ali?

1 Like

…if only it worked out the box with DEOVR on Quest, this indeed would be taking significant market share from Handy.

Apparently the motors are different, and it would require a bit of serious coding to bring it into the ecosystem, but it’s not impossible.

If SLR they could come to an agreement with our man renwoxing here, they could leapfrog all that tedious development stage and go all in on a personalized iteration of this machine linked to their network, forge some strong business links, everyone makes lots of money, happy happy, joy joy.

Okay, i’m dreaming, but yeah, incredible looking machine, so much potential, the market is looking much rosier…

1 Like

I previously tried to handle orders through PayPal, which worked for shipments to Germany, although it wasn’t very formal. I plan to create an official website so that we can bypass AliExpress.

1 Like

It can connect DEOVR via MFP

3 Likes

…yeah, i’m one of those strange people that don’t use a PC, Quest3 headset only for the simplicity. Great for long sessions, no faff, but very few options when it comes to peripherals. And i use a suction sleeve, so i would 100% benefit from the improved torque of the FunSR, so yeah, i’m keen for a headset centric workaround!

i’m so impressed by this latest iteration of FunSR i’m prob gonna end up with a PC in the bedroom now, if i can figure it out. But there’s definitely a headset only market out there to be exploited…

I wouldn’t mind just using PayPal if that is fine for you. Just don’t wanna order other products through Ali to pay for the SR1. Less hassle.

1 Like

Heresphere/DEOVR should work through MFP, but yeah, not optimal at all. Heresphere has Bluetooth support though and should work I guess? Then there wouldn’t be any problems there.

Your needs are very reasonable and extensive. I hope someone can create an app, but currently, no one has the time or willingness to undertake such a project.

Honestly - I don’t understand why no one has added a memory card to esp32 where to save scripts and a polling method for DeoVR to play scripts locally…

1 Like
  1. Lmao, wow It’s already so quiet now. Is 2.0 the version that the mice living in my walls would recommend?
  2. Will the SR1 2.0 come with twist working, right out the box?
  3. What does this mean for VAM exactly?

My Handy died, I’ve been eyeing replacements, and wow, 2.0 cannot come out soon enough!

Edit: what would someone on MacOs use for playing back scripts/videos on a Quest2 with SR1 v2.0? I see a lot of windows chatter :expressionless:

nice, really looking forward to 2.0 with the twist, will definitely pick that up. Honestly ever since I got the Sr1 I really haven’t used the Handy much at all anymore. Will share my mounting setup that I use for laying on my bed later so others could make one as well

1 Like

Absolutely cant wait for this

Oh my if there is a discount for exisiting SR1 owners I will absolutely be picking that up.

1 Like

xtplayer has a MacOS “.dmg” release. The guy behind it makes custom advanced firmware for the SSR1 device this is based on, so it will work with version 1 and anything MFP will work with. Releases · jcfain/XTPlayer · GitHub

1 Like

Was just about to get SR1 cause I really dislike my keon, now I am thinking about waiting for this.

So if someone wanted the FUNSR1 W/ Twist module but already own a FUNSR1 would they need to purchase a new unit or could existing users possibly send in their units for upgrades and pay a upcharge for assembly and components + time? How would you go about this?

I’ve thought about this as well, but it’s actually not feasible. When you return the product, I have to pay customs duties, and in most cases, the combined cost of duties and shipping exceeds the value of the product itself. I will offer a significant discount to existing users to help mitigate this issue to some extent.

5 Likes