ScriptAxis - a searchable, sortable, filterable funscript directory

looks nice thx man

1 Like

Thought I might post an update here since itā€™s been a little while! ScriptAxis is now up to version 0.2.0!

I did a ton of work to overhaul and upgrade a huge amount of the site under the hood - notably I migrated everything over to the stack that Iā€™m using on most of my newer projects - TypeScript, Sass, Eslint, Prettier. Now that Iā€™m using TypeScript, itā€™s much easier to add new features and refactor stuff!

I made some more improvements to the add/edit script forms - getting closer to a point where I can open it up so that everyone can add scripts.

And one final thing, today I added a ā€˜top scriptsā€™ section to the homepage, so that you can see the top scripts by views or likes from the past week, month, year or eternity!

7 Likes

Top Top work , this is every persons ideal solution a searchable script site, well done

1 Like

" DabMerino Scripting since February 2021"
LMAO

1 Like

Haha yeahā€¦ It just uses the date of the oldest script by a creator in the database. And now that RTS is gone, thereā€™s no way for me to programatically get the age of those scripts anymore (I used to scrape them from the forum thread page) :'c

Thereā€™s currently a bias towards more recently created scripts since Iā€™ve been adding them myself as they come out. Iā€™ve been slowly (when I find the time) adding older scripts though :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey everyone! :slight_smile:

Just a small progress update from the last few weeks - itā€™s now possible for me to add .funscript files to Script entries!

Theyā€™re not downloadable since theyā€™re not my scripts, but Iā€™m using them in the UI to show heatmaps and average speeds for all scripts that Iā€™ve added funscripts to.
Script speeds (in average strokes per minute) now appear in the bottom left corner of each script tile.
The color matches the color that speed has in heatmaps

Which means itā€™s now possible to filter and sort scripts by average speed, which Iā€™m already finding very useful, as I love long, slow scripts! :smiley:

This is actually the first step in my plan to get the site opened up to users registering and getting script creators to be able to claim ownership of their scripts.

Next Iā€™m going to be redoing the authentication system and generally adding more layers of security to the sites internal API.

4 Likes

Great stuff! I had been meaning to ask you about adding a way to filter for intensity. I kind of knew youā€™d eventually include it though.

Finally had time to check that site out.
Thanks for the effort youā€™re putting in. Great work!

I came across 2 problems

1. filtering with tags works (selected at least 20 different ones) - only if I select the ā€œMulti-Axisā€ tag that tag is shown twice in the ā€œinclude tagā€ box and I canā€™t delete them anymore. If I remove one it briefly disappears but reappears again. And because there is no button for removing all selected tags at once I had to select a category to get them removed (the only way I found).

2. I came across two scripts when I click on the link to the script at EroScripts I get the error page ā€œOops! That page doesnā€™t exist or is privateā€ - which isnā€™t primarily a problem with your site. But eventually I would prefer that there will be some automatic process in place to check dead links. And if the linked page at EroScripts is really private that information should be seen at your site.

Again, I really like that project!

This is some useful feedback, thanks!

In terms of the multi-axis thing, thatā€™s a bug related to the way tags are generated - Iā€™ve got it on my list to fix. For now, if you just avoid using tags with hyphens in the name, you shouldnā€™t run into it.

For deleting all tags, thatā€™s actually a useful idea. Iā€™ll add that onto my list!

As for dead links, there isnā€™t really a way for me to easily check whether theyā€™re dead or not - dead links are just one of the drawbacks of the internet. I am planning on adding a report feature so that people can report issues with script listings - reporting dead links would definitely be one of the use-cases for such a feature.

1 Like

An update for everyone: I finally got around to one of my big tasks today - implementing proper authentication! I may or may not have been incentivized to do so by an EroScripts user accidentally wiping the database due to my terrible security holes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You can now create an account using a ā€˜magic linkā€™ style login (no password required - just enter your email to create an account and login!). Iā€™m not opening up script creation to everybody yet, but youā€™re now able to use the ā€˜saved searchā€™ feature, as well as save scripts that you like.

Please note, however, that the site is still in beta and I canā€™t guarantee that I wonā€™t delete your account at any moment if I need to reset the database (which I need to do every so often), so donā€™t get too attached to your saved searches or liked scripts!

This was probably the largest, biggest pain-in-the-butt feature missing thatā€™s required to get creator accounts up-and-running. Progress!

3 Likes

It was definitely not me who wiped the database accidentally :rofl:

1 Like

What about new and old scripts based on RTS?

Rts is actually closed, no? Why some new RTS links on scriptaxis?

there is a trick to continue to use RTS?.

Oh yeah.

Iā€™m afraid not. When the database got wiped last week the RTS scripts had their creation date reset. I should actually remove them from the database since RTS isnā€™t accessible anymore.

I was browsing the site and it occurred to me that I do not see a tag or other marking the free versus paid scripts? Why not a ā€œFreeā€ tag and a ā€œPaid tagā€?

I do have plans to add this. Right now, all the scripts Iā€™ve been adding are free, so there hasnā€™t been much need to add such a distinction in the site UI. Iā€™m planning on making it possible to split between free and paid content, as well as free and paid scripts.

1 Like

I have noticed that most of my scripts arenā€™t on there, probably because I add them in packs. Is there any way to get them added or have a way to automatically add them? Or to give my account the ability to add scripts? I have almost 100 scripts up, but most are in packs.

ā€¦thatā€™s literally the reason - Iā€™m really sorry!

Iā€™m the only person who can add scripts right now and I tend to procrastinate it until there are a few dozen that I need to add in one big session (which tends to take around 1-2 hours). Then Iā€™ll get to one of your packs and see that itā€™s a dozen scripts just by itself and I nope out. Thatā€™s also the reason that not all scripts on EroScripts are on the site - when there are loads of scripts to add, sometimes I just skip the ones that Iā€™m not interested in (in your case itā€™s just because theyā€™re in big packs hahaā€¦)

If youā€™d like we could try giving you admin access, which would allow you to add scripts. Youā€™d have to do it one-by-one though so itā€™s pretty tedious. If youā€™re keen send me a DM and we can figure out getting it to work :slight_smile:

Sent you a DM about getting the ability to add my scripts :v:

I didnā€™t read the whole thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned/asked before.

The sign in procedure makes it unpractical/impossible to use the site on standalone headsets like the Quest.

You can use the site without being signed in - you just arenā€™t able to save favourite scripts/searches.

But to be honest I never thought about how the magic-link sign in method would work on Quest. It makes sense that it doesnā€™t work. I donā€™t feel too bad about saying ā€œif youā€™re on Quest just donā€™t sign inā€, but Iā€™ll definitely keep that in mind moving forwardā€¦

1 Like