ScriptPlayer Beta Features (and how to get them)

Sounds like you are using an old version - the height should vary in ScriptPlayer too, although not as detailed.

The “heat” is still calculated purely by commands/second, but that’s mainly because I didn’t have time to come up with a good way to calculate an intensity based on speed, stroke-length and change of direction yet.

Some heatmaps from the current version:
HMV - Crowd Control
HMV - Summer Time Eroge
(AmateurThrowaway) Persona 5 - Mitsuru

All my handy-related code is open-source, feel free to copy at will ;D

This is the script responsible for rendering heatmaps, it should be reasonably easy to reimplement in other languages since it doesn’t do much javascript-specific stuff. Just calculating colors based on position changes between two actions and rendering a bunch of little rectangles :slight_smile:

seems like i experienced the same issue as described by [Condogville] here - ScriptPlayer Beta Features (and how to get them) - #44 by Condogville

and the same workaround as described by [47dahc] here - ScriptPlayer Beta Features (and how to get them) - #56 by 47dahc

Hi,
not sure if I can request something to be added here or in GitHub so I’m doing both :sweat_smile:.

could you please look into adding Potplayer to the supported video players?

this video player is very optimized for basically everything especially to play VR videos on a 2D screen
additionally, it has a lot of features and is customizable.

I know you have Whirligig for VR but unfortunately, it doesn’t work great for touchscreens, it’s a bit buggy.

here’s the link for the official website https://potplayer.daum.net/
Please let me know if you have any questions regarding its usage.

thank you for your work.

1 Like

Well, I’d say that’s a solid maybe eventually.
There are so many things people have asked for (including several players) that I still haven’t done yet …

It might happen, but don’t expect it to happen soon.
(And only if the player has a suitable API of course)

2 Likes

New beta feature: Subtitles
More here: New ScriptPlayer Beta Feature: Subtitles

2 Likes

Unfortunately PotPlayer doesn’t seem to have a dedicated API or something that can be used as such (like an integrated web interface). Which honestly is surprising considering the vast functionality, but I couldn’t find anything.

2 Likes

Hey Liquid!
As i requested before, is it possible to show the videos differently in the playlist tab? Like the picture i edited?

Yes - but it might be a while. I’m just now getting to some requests from a year ago :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi, first off all hands down for this amazing program!

But i do wonder, is/can it be possible to have an orgasm mode? That when you want those (whatever you like) strokes when you bust, you could easily hit that mode, and the orgasm will be just the way you want it to, without stoping the video ofc.

A bit to lazy/not good enough to use the manual pattern control for it…

Cheers

There should be a key-bindable command to switch to pattern mode - you just need to set it once and can use a key on your keyboard to switch to this mode whenever you want.

1 Like

Time gap * distance is a good way to obtain the speed since it doesnt care if its a full stroke over 1s, or a 10% stroke in 0.1s. And can be easily calculated.
An advantage is that for vibrations which are very dense in points, it can still detect the vibration intensity since it only has to consider the speed. And since the overview already shows height, its already easy to see what sort of action is going on. A red bar with only 10% of height in use is a clear indicator then.

I have the weirdest issue (please tell me off if I should post this on github instead, but I do not believe it is a bug with the software).
First of all, I’d been using scriptplayer for about a year, reinstalled Win11 yesterday onto a new SSD, everything worked fine.
Today however, I am stuck on a black screen when I try to load any video it just stays black (the script heatmap doesn’t load either, it is this weird grey color.

It loads and works properly in blind mode.

So it seems to be a purely video related issue.

What I have tried:

• Verifying videos load in mpc-hc, mpv, vlc, ffplay
  • Tried h264, h265, mp4, mkv, wmv
  • Tried K-Lite codecs; LAV-Filters
  • Tried reinstalling the HEVC Video Extensions from Microsoft Store
  • Many reboots
  • Tried launching the video via spcli, it crashed and produced this dump (note the file was located in the scriptplayer folder for ease of testing, path given was ./test.mp4
  • Many reboots
  • Tried both the stable and beta versions

Now here’s the kicker. I was able to boot my old windows off the old ssd and it still works, exactly the same hardware, same drivers.

I can not for the life of me figure out why the hell this won’t work all of a sudden, I tried uninstalling everything I put onto the new windows since last night, but to no avail.

My question is two-fold, first, what is the embedded video player within scriptplayer? I’d like to test it directly and troubleshoot from that direction. Secondly, is there any way to enable full verbose debug logging to see where it fails?

This is likely a very niche problem, so like I said at the beginning of the post, I don’t feel like it is a bug with the program, but a very random incompatibility on my part.

Any help would be much appreciated

Unfortunately I can’t help you debugging this, but I can answer some of your questions

Windows Media Player (or at least very close to it)

No, but if you are lucky DebugView might catch something (if there is anything)

The spcli crash seems unrelated - probably because the path is relative

1 Like

That actually fixed my issue. I completely forgot I uninstalled Media Player and Windows Media Player Legacy yesterday since I don’t like random ass Windows bloatware.

Turns out Windows Media Player Legacy is a hard dependency.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Done

In the latest Beta Version you can select the “Tile” view from the “Style” playlist menu.
(And it only took me 5 months to finally do it :sweat_smile:)

The displayed image will be the first frame from the preview GIF

5 Likes

I was thinking the exact same thing.

1 Like

This tile view is a nice update! It has an added bonus of also making the heatmaps easier to see. Thanks! :+1:

Something I’ve mentioned before is that the gap filler doesn’t engage at the end of the script (over wifi) even if “fill gaps at end of script” is on. Well something strange I’ve noticed is that it actually does engage on some of, and only, my oldest scripts. From what I can tell these would be scripts before 2021, but I don’t know yet if it’s all scripts before then. Maybe there’s something about that older version of ScriptPlayer that fixed the problem? :thinking:

Can someone please tell me what could be the problem when my Kiiroo Keon needs to connect again to ScriptPlayer while flashing blue looking for a connection? It turns out that the video starts playing, the script too, but after one or two minutes the connection between Keon and the computer is lost, then automatically reconnects after a minute, then turns off again and you have to manually reconnect the device.
The ScriptPlayer itself is 1.2.0 (it said "you’re up-to-date) and for the Kiiroo Keon I don’t really know how to check its firmware. It’s working fine and it shows up like Kiiroo in Devices menu, but has a bad connection. Could it be bad bluetooth connection?

So it looks like with the new update, I can’t select videos from the playlist. I tried switching back forth between tile and list view, and neither would allow me to double click a title to play it.