ScriptPlayer Beta Features (and how to get them)

Never tried that - mp3s are usually used as an additional e-stim track in SP

I’m using the latest beta build. There doesn’t seem to be a way to edit paths. I can’t add * when adding new paths. Maybe I’m not doing something correctly.

Unrelated feature request, to be able to adjust Handy stroke length in increments of +/-5 instead of 10.

Thanks for all the hard work

Yeah, I kind of broke that and still need to fix it.
Manual workaround in the meantime:

1 Like

Ok cool. Will use the work around. Thanks

Should be fixed now

1 Like

I’ve got it connected to DeoVR, but I can’t figure out how to add an mp3 estim file to sync. Also, am I supposed to use the play button in the app or in DeoVR to play?

Any hint how the regex needs to look like to filter the additional parameter out ?

cool! just ran into this thread for beta features now!

Don’t know if it’s already implemented in the beta, but feature request: play audio files without an external player,

and, with “Generators now have an option to only use the left half of the video” There’s motion tracking in script player?! I always thought those generators were like random and pattern generators… I’ll need to mess around with them

Generators = thumbnail or gif generator. :upside_down_face: - Left half of the video is interesting for VR content.

2 Likes

Haven’t used regex in a while, but these settings for Fuzzy Name Matching should work:

Pattern: ^(?<Title>[^\?]+)(\?.*)?$
Replacement: ${Title}

If the video player you are using isn’t sending a path either, make sure to set up your Paths settings too.

1 Like

Lately ScriptPlayer has been forgetting all of my settings. Every few days or weeks I have to go back in and reenter everything such as key mappings, folder locations, and even my Handy key. Unfortunately I can’t recall any specific event that precludes this so I can’t speculate as to the cause. Any help I could get with this would be appreciated.

1 Like

Weird …

You can however make a backup of your settings files.
Everything you need is in this folder: %AppData%\ScriptPlayer

CommandMappings.xml = Input Mappings
Settings.xml = Most main settings
GeneratorSettings.xml = Settings for Gif/Thumbnail/etc. generators
PlayerState.xml = Window size, position, layout
Playlist.m3u = Playlist

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll make a backup copy then. Any idea what might cause those files to keep getting deleted? ScriptPlayer crashes on me a lot. It crashes about three or four times every time I want to use it before it finally “settles down.”

I’ve got it connected to DeoVR, but I can’t figure out how to add an mp3 estim file to sync. Also, am I supposed to use the play button in the app or in DeoVR to play?

Anyone? :slight_smile:

Well, that’s probably the reason then … you should find a crash log in the same directory.

Can I assign to a button the following things:" Play next playlist entry=>Seek 00:24:20=> set maximum speed to 99=> set speed multiplier to 1.2"?
I want to do something like an “Orgasm Mode”. :pray:

Not until I implement a complete macro system, no.
You might be able to do some of that via the command line interface (description above)

1 Like

I don’t know about an actual headset with DeoVR app but I was having an issue with getting an mp3 file to load using the app on a smartphone placed in a cardboard type headset. I was able to get it figured out.

1. Get SP and DeoVR connected.
  2. Load your video with matching mp3 file in SP
  3. Press pause
  4. Put on headset and play a copy of the same video stored on the phone.
  5. MP3 file should now play through computer but video and video sound through phone and headset.

I’ve used this for estim mp3s with good success. Again, not sure about an actual VR headset and how it will work though. Good Luck.

I took a look at the crash log but I’m not knowledgeable enough to make anything of it. If you get a chance to look at it I would really appreciate it.

I never encountered any of these problems myself, but they should theoretically now be fixed in the latest beta version:
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/wphk8fgpi758kg2o/artifacts/ScriptPlayer-Debug-1.1.1.380.exe

1 Like