ScriptPlayer Beta Features (and how to get them)

I’m currently interested in e-stim devices and after reading about them for a few hours now, I am still confused.

• Will any e-stim device connect directly with ScriptPlayer?
  • And for that matter, what is “funstim”? Couldn’t find that anywhere.
  • Do the e-stim devices need to be connected by USB, Bluetooth or Wifi?
  • Because I see e-stim audio device in Scriptplayer do these have to be connected through the mic-jack for headphones?
  • Are all funscripts that I already have, which work with The Handy, compatible with e-stim devices?
  • Could someone point me to a good affordable starting e-stim device, since some of these cost like 300$ and I am afraid to buy something that will not work with ScriptPlayer in the end?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions. I’m going down further the rabbit hole, wish me luck :smiley:

I only added really basic e-stim support since I don’t use it myself. I was hoping someone else would pick up development but that hasn’t happened. Right now, there are two ways to use e-stim, both require an audio-based e-stim device that is plugged into a separate sound-card.

1. Use the integrated funscript-converter that converts funscript to e-stim audio on the fly (I think the converter was called funstim?)
  2. Use a pre-generated mp3 and put it into the same directory (just like with all other files - same name and all)

Both have different settings, but I honestly don’t remember which belong to which mode.

1 Like

has anyone been able to compile a working application for the ScriptPlayer.VideoSync option? I tried to dip my toe in the code but I am not a coder. I would also appreciate the help of anyone who managed to get it running on their computer and would be willing to go through a step-by-step on how to properly set it up and run it.

Hi, I can’t find the beta setup file with your link, it’s say " {“message”:“Artifact not found or access denied.”} " something wrong?

Should be online again:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/FredTungsten/scriptplayer/build/job/q9xo4iddg296hflb/artifacts

Is there any update on the mpv player support? :X

Uuuuuh … no
:sweat_smile:

Is there any way to connect with the GoPro VR player?

Not to my knowledge, no

Yes, Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I’m looking for testers for an experimental feature that I’ve added to the FunStim Device output. It allows a gradual ramping up of the intensity of the FunStim device output over the duration of a video.

grafik

A setting of 0% implies no ramping up. A setting of 100% implies a ramp up from zero intensity to full intensity over the duration of the video.

(Edit: Oh, cool, Fred has merged my pull request while I’m typing this, thanks :slight_smile: I hope you gave it at least a cursory review, I kinda think I did this the right way, but I’m not so sure :slight_smile: )

You can find the new feature in the most recent beta build.

2 Likes

Cool idea. I’ll give it a whirl. What are you considering a 100% ramp though? Does it mean it will double the intensity?

The intensity never gets amplified, only attenuated. If you set the ramp to 0% then the entire file will play at the normal volume from start to finsh. If you set the ramp to 50%, the file will start at 50% intensity and ramp up to 100% intensity. If you set the ramp to 100%, the stim output will start silent and ramp up to 100% intensity. If you set it to 10%, the intensity will begin at 90% and ramp up to 100%.

The bigger the percentage you enter, the stronger the effect.

The idea is to both counteract the desensitation that often happens with E-Stim, and also give sessions a bit more dynamics :slight_smile:

Note: Due to the way that the Funstim audio device component is set up within scriptplayer, setting will only be loaded the moment the device gets added. That means, you might have to close scriptplayer and restart it for changes in the settings of th funstim device to take effect.

For starters, I would recommend trying a value between 10% and 20% … that’s about the range where you can feel the intensity going up, but it doesn’t get owerpowering too soon.

1 Like

I would be interested in Scriptplayer Video sync as well. Any instructions @Liquid ? I installed Visual studio community, but trying to build the app, there is a bunch of errors and warnings.

Sorry, no support for that application - apart from that it’s not very user friendly.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply! How about a tip what app & version you are able to compile it with and I will try to figure out the rest? :slight_smile:

Nothing special, really - I’m using VS 2017 Community Edition on Windows 10.
The AppVeyor config is also really simple - just needs VS 2017 to get it to compile, everything else is just for the setup.

1 Like

Sweet, thank you! With the right version of VS (2017) it compiled right away, earlier I installed the newest version (2022), which did not work. Probably not that big of a surprise!

1 Like

When i go to Artifacts, its empty. Is there any way you could repost please?

Done
re-built and available again