SexLikeReal is looking for script partners

Its not and I just explained why its not - I think alot of your frustration comes from not understanding things needed behind the scenes.
I get 35% just like any other vendor on scripts, and I only get 10% of any scripts by helping manage everything - and thats honestly not worth it for the huge amount of time I spend scanning and offering hours of help based on my experiences
If the majority of the scripts on SLR werent mine, it wouldn’t be worth it to deal with tbh, but I am still happy to help out interested scripters since I was like them and I get the work involved and the passion they have
Raser1’s app made all these scripts commercially possible in the first place, and his interactive work behind the scenes is invaluable

Since you want to make things more public and continue to be disrepectful - allow me to point out to everyone that you reached out to me directly first, a few days after your first posted free script.
You then expected your first script ever made commercially to be released within hours of you sending it and me checking it, and ultimately you declined my recommended adjustments - adjustments that would have taken less than an hour to make, and would have definitely improved the experience for customers buying
Instead you were continually focused on trying to get the script up asap because the video was on the front page on SLR
I literally took the time off my holidays with my family to try to help you, and you had the audacity to tell me that I ‘cost you a full day’ of sales/exposure

If I was all about profits, I would have put that script up as is instantly. That would have shown I a was thinking only about ‘front page’ exposure and quick buck sales, and it would have ignored giving the customer a better experience for their dollar.

It seems that you in fact are the exploitative salesman to think quantity over quality like that
I would have easily touched up your script for you too which I often and dont mind doing but for you to tell me that I ‘cost’ you sales, with just meeting you, was pretty ludicrous and unbelievable

Every other scripter I have helped has never acted or behaved like you have.

We’ve built a great customer base on SLR and this community that appreciates quality over quantity
SLR needs to make some income for offering this service and wide audience as well that they built up, everyone understands everyones contributions, but you do not seem to

Your continual negative insulting comments shows you were not the right fit at SLR, and its a shame because we could have worked together no problem if you were showed a small amount of patience and put some minor work in

4 Likes

Yes, it sure is :man_facepalming:

Imo the message sent by realcumber doesn’t stand that the 5% JFS Editor fee is voluntary (or is it?). It’s kind of a bummer because you have to pay fee for a tool that haven’t been updated for years. I can understand a fee for quality check, but don’t really see why 20% fee for raser managment in total is neccessary here?

It’s harder than that. I think we have shared enough with you guys. The rest is up to us

Also the whole thing is evolving. Don’t judge by what you have now otherwise it won’t even be possible. @Realcumber and @raser1 did a great job to get us where we are now. More is yet to come

2 Likes

There are some really nasty comments in this thread. Some people don’t know their history, but that is no excuse to assume the worst and make nasty remarks.

We’ve had awful topics like this before, back in 2018 and 2019 on RTS, which is one of the reasons why I disappeared there. (In case anyone doesn’t know, I had over 700 comments on Realtouchscripts, sharing scripts, helping people improve their scripting and realising scripting ideas in my app. Realcumber had even more posts)

Topics like these make me wonder why I even bothered to spend months/years of my life inventing this new way of scripting. Yes, even if you’re not using my tools, you’re still using my innovations or something based on it. Just like I based my initial ideas on Funjack’s Blender plugin and @Liquid’s ScriptPlayer, for which credit goes to them.

In the end it’s still the same handful of people doing all the hard work, while the rest keeps lurking in the shadows. I thought giving people the tools (for free!) would make more people stand up and script, but sadly that’s not what happened.

I’m glad we still have supporters in this thread and people who support us silently by buying our scripts. Thanks to @doublevr, @Realcumber and fellow scripters for making this possible.

4 Likes

I think the main cause of what we see is confusion. There was no a comprehensive policies for people and too many options none of which was good. It was super confusing for me once I started talking to Realcumber and Raser and it still is. I wouldn’t expect some people in this place being so toxic. What’s your reason?

SLR introduced the wholistic pipeline making script creation a viable business and providing ultimate easy to use tools for the end user. We are close to be coming a major script marketplace in VR along with introducing more advanced tools and greatly improving the overall experience.

We definitely looking for more people to join us

1 Like

Maybe I should be a little more specific. When you are expected to do your job you should be given tools to do it without extra payments. If my company told me that I have to pay for cad software myself I would laugh at them and look for something else.

If raser is doing a lot of work behind the scenes I think you should pay him normal salary rather than taking a big chunk of earnings from others. Make him some sort of IT guy that make your ultimate software solutions (of course only avaliable for people scripting for slr).

I think that people can conclude that 65% of earnings go to SLR and their partners (studios, managment etc.) and it doesn’t look that nice then. Splitting this number so the 35% that vendor earns looks like you get the biggest cut looks a little tricky to me.

You guys really overthink it. 35% (50% with affiliate link) doesn’t look so bad to me. You know, noone forces you to put your scripts on SLR, you can always figure out your own buisness if it’s that easy.

7 Likes

Good point. Btw most of the earnings script creators get from affiliate links. We pay you for existing SLR customers. If someone clicks your links and about to rebill in 28 days you get that credited to your account.

Sounds to me like the biggest issues stem from lack of transparency in the cost structure and process. And to husky’s point, it’s up to the individual if they want to take the offer or not. I think more clarity would help in decision making.

2 Likes

I think in the next few month we should make things clear for everyone. We are just making the basement of a house. The whole thing is in the making right now.

Its more than just JFS @RotiRoh - hes behind checking and testing and making interactive even more streamlined and optimized for specific toys - basically in depth IT work that usually isnt cheap

Please keep in mind again everyone - we are not being paid by SLR - as much as we would like to, and as big as SLR company is, the market is still relatively small that studios mostly dont have budgets for such niche products like scripts - SLR is hoping to change that and get interactive truly mainstream for everyone’s benefits

Our only earnings are from you guys that are able to buy and support our work, we are banking on our time for our own earnings, so its all up to you guys if you want to support us or not

This is why it will be difficult for you to succeed thinking like that
Its also entirely very possible to earn a living wage, like I already have - you just need to put in the work like any job in life

Thanks @Husky - as much as I and others would prefer more too, it still beats any other method - the audience at SLR is huge and amazingly supportive. SLR and studios have to make a living too and they created a great platform that makes it possible with much less individual effort

2 Likes

And just to add a little bit. If you have normal job with salary you think how much of the profits from the company goes to you? Probably even less than 1% unless you are high in the company’s structure.

Your earnings at Slr will raise with every script you make. Of course most sales will come when the script is fresh, but it doesn’t mean that people will stop buying your older scripts. Just use some imagination my friends and think about it in the long run.

And don’t forget that vendors also have kickstarting discord where they can boost earnings a little bit. Seems to me like a lot of ways to increase your profits.

4 Likes

I’ve come soo many times on my scripts that I also sent over to SLR and got some pocket money back as well.

I think you’re expecting scripting to be a job, when it is actually a hobby. I understand Realcumber who is in management and is involved in a bit more stuff that it can be a learning experience. But for vendors who just script up and down, up and down I would advise to get a normal job so you don’t get depressed.

I don’t want a resume that says “scripter - pressed 8 2 8 1 8 3 on the numpad for several hours”. But that’s just me.

3 Likes

I followed the JFS development on RTS and was amazed at what was written. JFS made scripting possible for anyone that could press a number key! Then it went away. I am member of many sites so I continued to follow what the issues were. Very interfering thread to follow.
Then SLR, came along. I have bought several of the scripts there because they are always great! The support of devices on that site is also beyond anything I have seen anywhere else. Even without a membership, when it comes to explanations regarding setting up a system to use for VR playback with scripts they are the best.

Now ES has a few issues as I see it.
If Realcumber is a mod it is a conflict of interest and should be fixed immediately.
If ES is hosting advertising for commercial sites is ES getting remuneration? They should.
Is there a legal ownership on record for JFS? (copyright) If so then there needs to be some restrictions made.
We need to treat everyone fairly based on their position on these items.

3 Likes

Some of the stuff in this thread kind of sounds like racketeering. I think transparency would go a long way to making everyone feeling more secure.

1 Like

Personally, I’m satisfied with how the splits are set up. It’s been fine for me over the past year. I’m not full-time, but I never plan to be either.

My only complaint is dealing with taxes as the others have mentioned, but it should just be a small hurdle that you have to get over once.

2 Likes

:yawning_face: :disappointed: :upside_down_face:

Can I walk away for a few hours. :stuck_out_tongue:

Slow mode enabled. I woulda hit it earlier but I was having a split AC installed in the work space.

I do not even have the energy to make any points but they were really made for me.

More transparency. More patience and understanding. IMO scripters should probably get more than 35% or whatever it is. Again that last bit is an opinion.

Please do not run off influencers, innovators, and possible contributors.

There will be discussions regarding this amongst the mods and there will be posts to come I am sure.

5 Likes

Oh no … it’s happening again isn’t it?
The once a year big community brawl over paid scripts thread is back :sweat_smile:

Well, have fun kids - and remember: if you can’t say something nice say something clever but devastating :wave:

13 Likes

I think the problem is that basically the same amount of money that vendors earn goes to some mysterious managment behind the scenes. It’s really unclear what this means and I can see how it might be frustrating knowing that more money goes to two persons than even the whole company that’s SLR.

And there is no perks of paying this fee - from what I understand only you have access to some customized, better version of JFS. The only clear part that come from this 30% fee is quality control and that’s a lot of money if you consider people put a lot of work into the scripts that go on sales. I could believe that the significant changes comes during first few scripts, after that they are probably purely cosmetic or no changes at all.

You should read his posts on /oculusnsfw and /xvr subreddits. Just don’t bother at all, the guy won’t change his behaviour, you will only make it worse.

1 Like