SLR App needs premium account to use?

Yes and I want be clear just incase I wasn’t. I am not making a value judgement. I am only stating what the market will do in response.

I personally think it is better business practice to keep free users on a low-end version of the app with less features and be exposed to script purchases than not…for your and SLRs gain. SLR should be profitable.

It is very different to talk about what is possible and what ought to be. With the amount of Community Driven Content within this market you have to plan around that. You can also use that to your advantage by running polls and cross referencing them with sales analytics.

How many free-users make purchases on the App versus Premium etc.

5 Likes

So, I’m very confused. You keep saying people need to “get premium and enjoy things,” and the player clearly said you need SLR Premium, a subscription, to access interactive control.

Yet, you also said its “correct” that once you buy one script, you’re considered “premium” and don’t need to stay subscribed to be able to use community scripts?

I think a lot of the “low life” people you’re talking about (again, a horrible way to communicate for a business, just pointing that out) are very confused. At least I am. I admit, I was not logged in, as I have recently reformatted my PC and just wanted a quick wank so I couldn’t be bothered. But all signs point to needing to have an active subscription to SLR to be able to use funscript functionality.

So, are you saying that since I have had a sub to SLR and have my scripts that I was able to get for free with that sub at the time, I can just login and use those scripts as well as any community-made scripts without reactivating a subscription?

5 Likes

Definitely not working i have a friend with an old premium account where he purchased about 5 interactive videos and scripts. Loading in the latest slr app version. Everything logs in correctly and toy is recognized in the video via bt blue icon but not working. I believe there is a post in this thread they are working on that issue but time will tell i guess?

Then again if it’s ture what you say… technically all you need is to sub one time snd you get unlimited access? Then why not do what i said and put a one time price on the app? Is that not the same thing?

As for @doublevr comments i think he is missing the point that the BIZ model fks the user experience which in modern times UX is the way to go. You are monetizing the wrong area. Its like fb having a fee to sign up when it first started. Instead they focused giving the user more and monetizing areas around the user without disruption. As you can see how many people are stating the obvious but if you as the visionary refuse to see it then others will capture it. The “out compete” comments from other posters is true in a sense and what i think they mean is someone will build an app, give more to the user than slr does but monetize the data, advertising or other well known methods. They will find a way to support claims that an app like slr takes so much work to maintain… which i think is false.

Funscripts are not evolving dramatically in ways that require ai tech to solve … so ither you got weak devs or you are over selling it.

Doublevr is also taking the position. That every one is acting like cheap broke ppl that puts alot of bad taste in the mouth. I speak from experience as i grew a 1k per month garage business model selling products into a multi million buisiness not about braging just want you to know the angle i am coming from. Ither way good luck to you.

6 Likes

My complaint was about having to get premium in order to access the app.

You said “correct” to the question about “Buying one script from slr gets you unlimited funscript functionality in their player and still allows you to play non slr scripts too.”

Now you’re saying “the apps are free for premium users.” Which contradicts the “buying one script” claim.

And when you look at the app, it says “premium only” too.

I think the problem is not with me failing to read previous posts, it’s that you haven’t even read your own.

4 Likes

Ok, so has this “premium only” thing not gone live then or can we still do what we normally do with a basic “non premium” account?

Because I have not been subbed for awhile and I was able to play videos locally with the PC version and send the script to the handy and have it work. I tested this video videos and scripts I had bought from SLR and with other videos and scripts not from SLR. Both worked.

So is this just all one big misunderstanding because the SLR guy is going full retard?

6 Likes

I have been subbing for a while now… i just want dlna back. I don’t exclusively watch slr content and scripts on my quest. Is there any other way to play local videos/scripts with a quest 2?

3 Likes

If what I said is correct then yeah I agree it would have avoided lots of disagreements to just say “buying a funscript gives unlimited access to slr haptics connect and deovr handy integration without the needing an active subscription” right from the get go. Maybe putting a price on the app would be tricky to integrate with premium subs :person_shrugging:

I’ve got a premium sub so can’t test but fingers crossed they’ll get it fixed soon. Other slr employees have confirmed (in the handy discord) that funscripts should still work locally and in xbvr for people that have previously purchased scripts

2 Likes

I’m a little confused comments here. From my experience you just need a premium account to play scripts, but it does not have to have an active sub. So no monthly fees…

1 Like

Just tested it, if you previously had a sub and got scripts through the subscription (i.e. have not actually bought a script outside of the sub) you cannot use HapticConnect

3 Likes

Strange mine is working…When you bought the scripts, did you download them and put in the interactive folder?

1 Like

This convo has been fairly civil so far :+1:
Just want to remind people to not attack/demean others

3 Likes

Why won’t you take that both options are equally functional.

Pay per script is rather a hack that we don’t officially promote.

Agreed :+1:

I guess we can extend the policy to “Premium users and 30 days expired users”. Please let me know.

I can’t believe you guys, the DeoVR was free for so long that there is no reason to complain if they want to monetize their efforts.

And as already mentioned by @doublevr in the other thread you can unlock full potential of the player by buying 1 script. Not sure if it’s a one time payment or you need to buy script a month but the cheapest scripts you can get are $0.99. This one for example:

The other alternatives are:

• $3.99 - Whirlgig + Scriptplayer (requires PC)

• $29.99 - Heresphere + Scriptplayer (requires PC, but the dev is working on Handy integration too which is nice)

1 Like

Thx. It’s one time

I am new here, still using gearvr. I know it is no longer supported, but gearvr still can use DEOVR with handy right? For streaming and local? I don’t mind if there are no new features.

And you said we can unlock full fuctionality of the player if we buy 1 script? What about new user? Do I need to at least subscribe for premium once first and then buy a script to have be able to use the player with Handy forever? Because I don’t see sign up for free account?

Hi Bullybull,

Welcome to the site. The older Deo VR still works with handy for streaming via DLNA and local.

In regards to the functionality if you buy a script you get access. While you cant create a free account as such when you choose the script you want and click on the price the payment page will give you the option to create a username and password. This then creates you an account and lets you download the script and use the player.

I dont work for SLR so I cant guarantee that the current version of DeoVR on the gear will work forever but it does work at the moment I believe.

Thanks quiffed1, I have tested your suggestion and confirmed that it works to play local files if you buy any script. I am using GEARVR with DeoVR app anyway.

@doublevr I hope you are not too discouraged that a lot of users use this method to use the app instead of subscription. In my case I only use VR once in a while and sometimes never use VR for 1-2 months so subscribing is not for me so I ended buying some scripts from SLR. Right now I am using Handy more with 2D vids anyway. I am sure users who see the value of your streaming service will keep subscribing. Maybe when I buy Quest 2 and use VR more I will try subscription.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.