Old sales post

DMed

sounds like the SR6 mode is enabled.

Hi

Im new here and was wondering how i can DM you?
Looking to purchase an OSR2+ or SR6, and wanted some info.

Thanks!

EDIT - Ah now i can DM.

So whats the consensus on holding it in your hand while laying down?

not recommended - it will move too much as it needs a more grip-able/stable base

Alot of people tend to have good luck with using this to attach the OSR to for lying down sessions:

1 Like

Does the patreon discord have setups?

I dont know for sure if they do or not, if you asked in there im sure someone would throw a suggestion your way. But there is a thread on here for set ups. OSR2+ photos of it mounted - #2 by M0SAIC

I received my order from M0saic and it took maybe a week and a half to ship and then 2-3 days to arrive, as they are made to order. I’m very happy with the turn time and quality of my purchase. I had to upgrade to the latest android IO and then move my left servo plug to 8 on the Romeo (I’ve been off the discord server for a while and was on 2.3. The twist is like a dream come true. I didn’t think it would be a game changer, but it totally is. With Twist everything seems so much more real. The I-lube is super nice as well. I’m still working on getting the suck function to work. The device itself worked, but I upgraded IO’s beyond what MFP can use for suck so had to downgrade back to 2.7b.

2 Likes

If you search on the Discord server for “Mounts” you will probably get a few ideas. Laying down has a lot fewer options than sitting in a chair near a desk. The mount has to be pretty rigid. I use this one at a desk https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z7YNCBW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use it with the only the piston arm attached & the arm upside down. It works ok & I got it on sale for $20. I’m looking at ways I can mount on a flat wood base and use it prone. I have a couple of ideas, but I haven’t had the time to test them out.

1 Like

just got my osr2+, haven’t used it much yet besides just testing that it works briefly and setting it up but there are a couple of important things I wanted to mention:

1. Delivery isn’t exactly discrete if somebody can just google the store name and find out you sell auto strokers. The concierge that knows me could have easily figured out that I just ordered this thing. It’d be a good idea to set up a front company name to ship out of.

2. The desk mount mentions to buy an m6 hex bolt with length = thickness of desk + 10mm, this turned out to be too short. I’d say you should update that guidelines to thickness of desk + 30mm. Having it be longer doesn’t hurt at all, and I made the mistake of ordering that to size.

5 Likes

Thank you for the feedback.

I have actually been looking into a DBA title so that I can do just that.

I will update the page for sure.

Thanks for responding.

I just tried the ilube and it wasn’t working. Did some troubleshooting and it looks like mine was wired to push lube into the bottle instead of suck lube out of it :sweat_smile:. Easy fix was to just unscrew the fan mount and reverse the routing of the tubes.

Only other piece of feedback I have for now is that UPS really screws anyone buying internationally on brokerage fees, so anyone buying should beware and choose another shipping method if possible.

I hear DHL MAY be a better option.

I had a few models go out this way. It can be confusing at first for people new to the build that the positive and ground wires need to be flipped to reverse the flow of the motor. This is the mistake that was made. Luckily, yes, you can just swap the hoses to correct the issue.

:slight_smile:

A few updates.

Here is a link to the WIP user guide. Any suggestions are welcome.

PETG parts are available.

Some parts are starting to get a little harder to find, the boards and servos we use are the main issues. I have been speaking to vendors and they say prices are likely to increase and availability may not be as certain.

I am purchasing as many of the ESP32 and DS3218s to try and stay ahead of this but it might be best to place orders if you have been one the fence. As of right now I am still able to locate all the parts needed to complete the “All The Way” build and the SR6 with add ons and my prices have not increased.

I will keep you all posted.

2 Likes

I received my order (Mosaics recommended build) a couple days ago, but cannot get the device to work.

When I connect USB, I can see a red and a blue LED light up inside the device. Windows also seems to recognize the device. I can at least hear the usual USB connect sound. Also, when I click on Serial on https://trymosa.netlify.app/ I can choose “CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller (COM6)- Paired”.
However, the device doesn’t home as it should according to the troubleshooting section (https://yourhobbiescustomized.com/pages/help-resources).
JFP also doesn’t work. It says “USB TCode: Connected”, but the device doesn’t move if I play any scripts.

It’s not just the servos, the fan is also not spinning (in case it usually does when power is turned on).

I am using this power supply (the 5V 6A variant): Amazon.de
Maybe it’s an issue with the power supply’s connector / the polarity? Unfortunately, I am not too knowledgable about this subject…

I have other power supplies lying around (e.g. the one for the Handy) and I was wondering if I could use those to debug the issue, but they all have 12V and I am afraid that could damage the device. Could I use a 12V 3A or 12V 5A power supply to test if my current power supply is the problem or would that brick the device?

1 Like

do not plug 12v in. You’ll kill the servos. I’m assuming you have the esp32 board. It is best to connect to it with Wifi in my experience. Never was able to get it to work consistently using the usb cable. Follow up with M0saic for help. I was very frustrated when I got my unit, as I was expecting something that worked out of the box, but after accepting that it wasn’t, put in some work, and am very happy with it now.

1 Like

Sounds like it could be a driver issue.

Check in optional windows updates for the Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge driver

Also, DM’ed

Thanks for the response.

I really hoped the device wouldn’t immediately die from 12V.
To be completely honest, I already did connect a 12V 5A power supply by mistake when I first tried to get it working… because I ordered one with the incorrect voltage at first. After it didn’t work I checked the manual, saw the warning about the voltage, double-checked my power supply and face-palmed… So I guess I must have fried it then… :pensive:
It died silently. No noise, sparks, smoke…

Sorry for not immediately mentioning this…
Until now I was hoping the too high voltage would only have shortened its lifetime and that it might be something else.
If it’s certain that this killed it, I’ll try to see if I can get some new servos.

By the way, I am able to connect to it using Wifi. Changed the network, reduced X and Y ranges and restarted it. It also connects to MultiFunPlayer on Port 8000 UDP (I assume that’s the correct port/prot).
However, it still doesn’t move.

1 Like

I checked for updates, but didn’t find any driver-specific ones and the usual updates didn’t change the behavior.

As I have written above, I guess I must have broken the device when I first tried to set it up…

Glad you were able to Identify the DC in port as the issue.

Has it been working well since you dropped in the replacement that came with the power supply I recommended?

Thank you for all the info here. I am interested in buying a 3d printer and building a SR6. How big does the printer need to be? If I don’t decide to buy the printer are you able to sell the sr6 kit without the servos as I would like to have them upgraded?