To4st - Game Mods

Here’s a quick Edi port for Afterschool Tag.

At a glance, I think my approach to filler might need to be reworked. I included a basic filler script, but I think it might interfere with normal script playback with the way the logic is currently set up. I would recommend playing without filller if you pick up any issues for now.

@to4st Everything works fine even with the filler on. At first the mod didn’t work because I didn’t select the linear mode instead I was playing with the detailed mod instead. Thank you.

What detailed scripts are you using? Since Edi doesn’t have a way to change a script’s speed, I had to create different funscripts for each speed.

If you’d like to use the detailed funscripts, I can run them through a script to get them at the right speeds as well. Were you using one of the user-submitted scripts linked in the parent post?

Is there a way to stop funscript player from connecting to my wireless xinput controller? It frequently connects to that instead of my handy.

@to4st I’m Just using the same script you gave to me. Since i’m using Autoblow AI Ultra to test the game, when i opened EDI there was a Windows near the name of my device wich says detailed, and i just simply changed it that from detailed to linear and the game worked perfectly, even with the filler on.

@edale
I haven’t built in a way to configure that from the player’s side, unfortunately. The quickest fix would be to disable the embedded buttplug server in appsettings.json and to use intiface manually. From intiface you can disable x-input devices from being connected.

@MetiuRix
Oh ok. I think I misunderstood. I thought you had other scripts that you were using before, labeled ‘detailed’. Happy to hear it’s working.

Has anyone else tested with a Handy perhaps? I believe there might be some stuttering, with the way I loop the scripts, if you have noticeable latency to the Handy servers.
If there’s room for improvement then I’d like to go back and do a more proper port sometime.

Same here, vibration seems to be working but not rotation.

Sorry about that. I’ve been working on fixes in the background, but don’t have a way to test it myself.

Here’s a work-in-progress that might fix the issue: 4.75 MB file on MEGA

If you pick up any issues, please let me know so I can address them.

Holy jesus, I found the heaven thread. Many thanks for all the hard and amazing work!!!

2 Likes

Hi, Is there a way to configure the mod to connect to handy via wifi?

My player software unfortunately only supports intiface at the moment, which I think can only connect via bluetooth to the Handy.

Edi on the other hand supports connecting to Handy using its connection key if I’m not mistaken, but not all of my mods are Edi compatible.

Which mod are you talking about? If it’s not too complicated I can see about getting an Edi port started if you’d like to use Edi instead.

I was trying Succubus Academia. I don’t really know much javascript but I was playing around with the ButtplugImplementation.js file and got it kind of working for Edi by replacing the httpGet() calls with Edi’s httpRequest with Post commands and seek=0.
Wasn’t sure how to port over the speed, strength params as Edi’s Rest API didn’t have those parameters.
Would it be possible if I could get the source code for the Custom Funscript player? Not making promises but I could try to see if I can get Wifi into that player since its built from the Fallen angel version.

I think it would be simpler to convert the mod to Edi than implementing the wifi into the existing software. The nature of using the Handy servers would limit you in the same way.

My approach was very much programmatic and real-time. The filler and reaction scripts are generate in code off of passed in values, and the script speeds are adjusted on the fly in a similar way. To use the Handy API, the script needs to be uploaded to their servers first and only then can you synchronize it with the device and seek through it. It prevents you from doing any kind of real-time adjustments.

I was planning on using Edi for my mods going forward. It’s already open source and is more feature-complete. This is why I’m porting over my OSR code into Edi rather than doing further development into my own software.

It does change the approach to mods somewhat. Every speed would need its own script. And there would need to be a script created for each reaction to ingame events, instead of just calling some code to have it generated.

If there is demand, I want to go back and port my existing mods to also use Edi. I think at the moment Succubus Academia might be the most complex one, but maybe I could knock it out in a weekend if I can find the time.

1 Like

"#2. Installation

If you own a copy from dlsite, the game comes bundled in an exe. You’ll need to use “EnigmaVBUnpacker” to unpack the individual files before overwriting with the modded files.
Copy the contents of ‘アルロメver2.1’ and overwrite the existing game’s files (that have been previously unpacked - there should be a populated www folder found in %DEFAULT FODLER%).
Inside the ‘www/js’ folder there are two ‘plugins’ files. One is meant for the english translation mod, the other is for the unmodded Japanese game.
Pick whichever one is applicable and replace the game’s existing ‘plugins.js’ with it. Make sure it’s renamed to ‘plugins.js’.

The custom player can be launched from anywhere, just make sure to keep the relative files together.
"

Hi, I was curious about the Lilith In Nightmare mod and downloaded it to try it out, but my A10 piston won’t work, I can connect the game & plugin with FunscriptPlayer and the linked device, but it doesn’t work at all.I’m using Intiface Central to connect, but is this a bad A10 piston or does it have to be The handy to work?

I think it should work. According to this site, the Piston is supported by Intiface.

Does FunscriptPlayer show that the device is connected, with its name?
Is it also reporting the current playing script that it receives from the game?

You can also try and test without the game by clicking on the “Simulate Game” button.
In the drop-down at the bottom it should list all available scripts. Try playing them here to see if the device moves.

If this is empty, you probably copied the script files incorrectly. You need to copy each .funscript file in Scripts/linear.zip to the scripts/lilithinnightmare folder next to the Funscript Player.exe

Thank you very much.After correcting what seemed to be a mistake in copying the script file, I was able to get the toy to work successfully.I appreciate it very much.

The only part that is a bit sad is that the filler is not working at all.I believe I have the filler plugin set to True, but it has never worked.I haven’t gotten far into the game at all yet, so I’m hoping there will be a scene down the road where the filler is supported.

Filler is only used when there is no script playing. So usually when exploring it should play with the speed and length affected by your character’s remaining HP and SP.

There should be a script-config.json in the game’s directory.
It’s contents should look something like this:

{
  "filler": true,
  "fillerMinSpeed": 80,
  "fillerMaxSpeed": 100,
  "fillerMinLength": 40,
  "fillerMaxLength": 100,
  "fillerDelay": 900
}

Another thing to check is to see if “Filler” is shown on the FunscriptPlayer GUI. It should show when the game gets to the main menu if I remember correctly.

Just gonna drop this here for some eyes instead of flooding requested stuff with everyone else.
Just came out and it looks pretty simple to integrate and has what looks like, very defined numbers, for syncing to code like funscript, buttplug.io and xtoys.

Game - Tentacles Invasion

Top down 2d pixel shooter explorer. Fun, short, kinda difficult at points.

2 Likes

I forgot to change the script-config.json that was originally in the game file to True, I changed it to True and it works fine, so now I can enjoy it.Thank you for helping me understand what I didn’t understand.