TugBud - Handy Remote and Script Browser [VERSION 1.2.2]

The wait is over! TugBud is finally out of beta!

tugbud_app_icon2

TugBud is a Third-party app that allows you to draw advanced patterns that give you unparalleled control over your Handy device. Draw Patterns using your fingers!

Video

Screenshots

Updates

Changes 1.2.2
  • Fix crash when pressing back button while in the import dialogue.
  • Back button no longer exits the app.
Changes 1.2.1 Pre IOS launch release!

This release aims to improve user experience in the connection department.

• Added a status light at the top of the app telling you your handy device connection status.
    Red: Device is not connected
    Purple: Device is connecting and setting up.
    Green: Device is ready to receive patterns.
    Orange: Device is ready but playback is paused.

• add infinite scrolling to the script browser.

Changes 1.0.5 Improvements: - More accurate pattern drawing. - Faster script uploading

Bug Fixes:

• Fix issue with some saved scripts being overridden when loading and editing a pattern.

Known Bugs:

• When drawing a script, The first point is sometimes duplicated at a very close interval, causing slight jitter when looping
  • The handy API is sometimes slow to respond, causing some delays in the time it takes for your handy to start playing scripts.
Changes 1.1.0 The Script browser is finally live! You can now share scripts with users directly inside the app! Come and see what amazing scripts the community comes up with!

Improvements:

• Script browser to browse and share scripts with the community
  • Ability to set a username (Currently unique per install)
  • Improved the local pattern browser look and feel
  • loading a script from the online and local browser no longer exits the browser.

Thank you so much to all of you who support this project!

How to use

• Download the app on the google play store
  • Once inside the app, enter your handy connection key on the welcome screen.
    (if you skip this step, you can always add your connection key again in the options menu)
  • Touch your screen and start dragging your fingers up and down,you will see the pattern being drawn.
  • If you create a pattern you enjoy, you can save it using the “Save” button at the bottom.
  • If you want to delete a saved pattern, double click the “delete” button in the pattern directory.

Features

• Community Script browser to play scripts shared by other users
  • Live pattern drawing that are sent directly to your device
  • Save patterns externally as funscripts to use anywhere
  • Import patterns created by the community
  • Press the 2x button to double your scripts speed
  • Save scripts for easy access
  • Pause and resume script playback
  • hidden connection key for security

Keep an eye out in General for a special launch event coming soon!

discord_button patreon_button

13 Likes

Looks Handy! (yeah, I said it)

Any plans on an IOS release?

1 Like

Definitely, once I have the funds for the apple developer account.

2 Likes

Looks nice! Can it use bluetooth?

Wow! I’d love to check this out but I´m a IOS User. So many someday it will come to iPhones (?)

no bluetooth yet, it’s in the backlog but there a bunch of more things I’d like to add before.

IOS build is Soon TM. but don’t worry I’m thinking about you iphone users.

How long do u think it will take to get this app on the ios appstore?

I dont want to say any number just in case it ends up being later, but the IOS version is high on the list of priorities. so the “Soon” estimate is still the estimate.

That being said, I want to get the in app browser out the door first. once that’s out there’s a high chance the IOS version is going to be more actively looked into.

The app is already 90% IOS ready, there’s just a couple IOS specific behaviors that need to be coded in. after that it’s just a matter of getting it approved by apple and publishing it.

1 Like

Just bought and downloaded, maybe I’m not fully understanding how this works. But I would like to add pauses on height where I can get hangtimes.

Thanks for downloading!

you can do hangs by seperating peeks with small movements

You can see an example in this screenshot
Screenshot_20220726-234342

Notice the peeks and valleys. hope this helps!

Version 1.0.5

Improvements: - More accurate pattern drawing. - Faster script uploading

Bug Fixes:

• Fix issue with some saved scripts being overridden when loading and editing a pattern.

Known Bugs:

• When drawing a script, The first point is sometimes duplicated at a very close interval, causing slight jitter when looping
  • The handy API is sometimes slow to respond, causing some delays in the time it takes for your handy to start playing scripts.

Version 1.1.0

The Script browser is finally live! You can now share scripts with users directly inside the app! Come and see what amazing scripts the community comes up with!

Improvements:

• Script browser to browse and share scripts with the community
  • Ability to set a username (Currently unique per install)
  • Improved the local pattern browser look and feel
  • loading a script from the online and local browser no longer exits the browser.

Thank you so much to all of you who support this project!

Additionally, I create a trailer video to showcase the app!

1 Like

Love the script browser. There arent many uploads yet, but hopefuly this will change!

1 Like

Dont know if it’s user error, but tugbud is connecting to the handy, and says it;s send scripts, but it;s not playing them. Suddenly occured today. Tried updating to new handy firmware, but issues still persists

I checked as soon as I read your message, and for a moment it wasn’t working. it seems like it was a momentary outage of the handy API. let me know if your still having issues, but everything seems to be back in order now.

Pretty cool. I just grabbed it off the google play store. A couple questions?

1. Is there a limit to how long you can record or in how many movements you can record? I tried to make a 5 min script, and it seemed like the zig zag disappeared after a while. The stored version was also blank, but seemed like the script still worked.

2. How do you deal with sections of a video that have to action, or lets say you only want to map specific sections of a video that is long, lets say 30 min. How would you deal with that?

Thanks again for this wonderful app!

Hello! Hope you’re enjoying and sorry for the delay!

Personally I have not set any limits to how long you can record. However on the more technical sides of things, The Handy can only accept a script file that is 1MB maximum in size (iirc). So it’s entirely possible to write a script that ends up being too big for it. Realistically though, I’d estimate it would take at least an hour of none stop recording to reach that point, if not more! as for the zig zag line disappearing, it wasn’t designed to handle scripts that are longer than a couple minutes so I’m not surprised it bugged out. It’s purely aesthetic though so yes, even if it disapears everything should still work.

Are you using TugBud to script videos? it’s honestly something I didn’t think people would try to do with the app and I’d love to hear more about the way you use it. If you don’t mind, can you send me your script that made the Zig Zag disappear? I’d like to see if I can come up with a fix so it’s still visible with longer scripts.

I’m afraid I don’t think I can help you with that considering you’re using the app in a way I never imagined before. maybe try talking with other scripters to figure out their general process for scripting videos?

Actually, something I’d probably try is create multiple small scripts for each section of your video and then combine them in an separate scripting software like OpenFunScripter (OFS).

I could also implement a simple script editor inside TugBud that lets you edit scripts you’ve made and combine them if that’s something more people would like to see.

Lol, Yeah. I know that’s not the intended purpose, but I figured I’d give it a try by basically trying to follow the action in the video. Actually I was surprised at how close I came but obviously not getting the results of frame-by-frame creation by the pros here. My script was only 12Kb, so if you import any scripts that are larger, you should observe the blank pattern.

A couple recommendations though:

1. Have the ability to name the scripts and display them on the patterns screen either overlayed on the pattern or above/below it.

2. Have the ability to combine patters into another pattern.

Great app though. I find myself using it quite a bit for warmups and just experimenting

Version 1.2.2

Pre IOS launch release!

This release aims to improve user experience in the connection department.

• Added a status light at the top of the app telling you your handy device connection status.
    Red: Device is not connected
    Purple: Device is connecting and setting up.
    Green: Device is ready to receive patterns.
    Orange: Device is ready but playback is paused.

• add infinite scrolling to the script browser.

• Fix crash when pressing back button while in the import dialogue.

• Back button no longer exits the app.

1 Like