Upcoming loli/shota ban and timeline

As you mention. its questionable. theres no definite yes or no. We want to steer clear of litigious attention and loli content at least in the geographical location of the server says no but no clear metric of what is and isnt allowed.

We want to steer clear of it entirely to avoid knocks at our doors.

We’ve been back and forth enough about everyones concerns that we think it would be easier to avoid the issue entirely. We don’t take censorship lightly and this is why we haven’t banned other things.

Our stance is effectively like so:
If the law permits, and no one is hurt, its no one else’s business.

2 Likes

so whats wrong with just posting scripts?

3 Likes

It’s incredibly hard to just post scripts here. When people post scripts, they want the video to go with them, which leads to people posting links. And links, even if hosted elsewhere, still make Eroscripts liable for sharing them.

It would also be kinda of silly to share scripts for a loli video where you can’t say loli, can’t post images, can’t link to the video in reference, etc. It makes more sense to ban it outright.

1 Like

but that wouldnt be against the rules would it?

i could post the script a blurred or non explicit preview and post a link to the site for example https://hmvmania.com
and the name of it
and people can find it themselves

5 Likes

if someone has to go out of their way to find it elsewhere than its not an issue is it?

so long as no direct link to the video is supplied i don’t see how this is a problem.

6 Likes

It wouldn’t be, I suppose, but there would be no incentive. Like “Here’s a script for loli video ‘2sdjkgf8dg8f8g’. Can’t show you what it is or where you can find it, but I’m sharing it anyway.”

the incentive is there

video name + website its on = you go to search bar and find it. this isnt hard to understand. and it wouldn’t be not allowed in terms of the sites rules.

i would say lets say the video’s name is explicit well i don’t think that would even matter lol.

as long as its not an image video link or otherwise even if i link the site its on like hmv mania for example anyone can just search for the video if its still there

2 Likes

Not exactly the same thing, but this is how I would view it personally. There’ve been recent paid scripter bans on Gumroad and Payhip. Even though some paid scripters are not uploading any NSFW visuals or listing actor or scene names and only uploading a funscript (and linking to ES), they’re still getting banned because it seems that funscripts are now deemed as NSFW content and doesn’t sit well with Visa/MC. If they have influence to consider funscripts created for adult use as adult content, then perhaps US law could consider funscripts created for use with loli/shota as ‘obscene’ adult content as well.

Again, I know this isn’t directly tied to CC companies, but I’d say it’s still related. The chances of getting in trouble are probably low now, but when you host a website with many users, it paints a bigger target on your back and it gets bigger the more popular it gets. And you wouldn’t want to be the lucky one who gets made an example of by law enforcement.

Loli/shota are the target because that’s what society as a whole sees as a more significant problem than others, whether you agree with it or not. I would not expect the mod team to become martyrs for you. If your risk tolerance allows for it, then you can attempt to do so yourself on your own site.

5 Likes

well im gonna say big press x to doubt on that one

scripts alone, the thing this site is made to share should be fine

2 Likes

you could even skip posting the name and just put it in the metadata of the funscript

2 Likes

yeah thats true but i never bother to edit meta data lol

but that is true if the title was not good to put in the post title i guess but yeah at that point i could just put the url in the script itself but then i wonder if that would be against the rules?

2 Likes

To the moderators, I would like to ask a question to directly understand the criteria for post deletion.

Suppose I post a link to a site distributing the script of a work that is visually considered lolicon or shotacon under U.S. law on EroScripts.

1.The lolicon or shotacon work is by a Japanese author.
2.Although the work is visually considered lolicon or shotacon under U.S. law, the author declares that ‘all characters are 18 years old or older.’
3.The link to the work is not an infringing link but rather a link to a Japanese sales site.
4.The content I intend to post on EroScripts consists of ‘the title of the work and a link to the site distributing the script’ as text only, without any images or media.
5. The site distributing the script contains links to lolicon and shotacon works.

I myself doubt the usefulness of a post without a preview of the work, but I would like to ask if it meets the site’s deletion criteria just in case.

Thank you.

2 Likes

i say we just do whatever and see if they delete it or not lol cuz they dont wanna give an answer

2 Likes

Here’s the reasons I think just posting a script with minimal information will not be okay (something that I personally would not like to see, so this is my opinion)

1. It’s still promoting the content, you can swing it anyway you want but you’re posting a script for banned content and pointing it to said banned content.
  2. Allowing for just a script to be posted is going to lead to a lot of low/no effort posts.
  3. People that are vehemently against the content are going to flag every post which is going to be a mess for mods and again a bunch of posts that say “this is flagged”.
  4. It may set a precedent for people to post just scripts with low/no effort for all content, there are already a lot of cases of low/no effort posts since the format is just a suggestion and not a rule.
  5. Posts that hit on points 2-4 are going to make the site look awful atheistically.

My question is why go through all this trouble to wiggle around the rules? Are there no alternative sites that allow this content (genuine question)? Seems you would all be more comfortable and have less of a hard time using a site that is not restrictive on that content. (None of what I’m saying is meant in a negative way to people that enjoy this content, just inquiry)

5 Likes

i mean im not saying to just post a script and nothing else im saying to do the usual setup just with no direct download link and no previews that show anything explicit at all. something like this one

https://discuss.eroscripts.com/t/anoanhmv-merry-pink-hmv-mania/174333

and this isn’t about skirting the rules its about still being able to share scripts while shifting any potential legal trouble to the host site far removed from this one and while also having plausible deniability. we only share scripts here afterall.

2 Likes

Logically, if you’re using a post to point to banned content (providing a link, title, description etc) it probably wouldn’t fly, you’re still promoting it. I imagine the point of the ban would be to completely distance the site from whatever content they want to ban.

4 Likes

well they want to ban it to avoid legal trouble not because theyre against the content itself.

if there is a way to share scripts and not the actual content directly here there is no issue. because no one would be sharing said content. only fun scripts.

2 Likes

Yes a funscript in and of itself is nothing, but it’s made for something. Sharing the title and description or a link is still sharing it. In your example post the only thing not being shown is an image of anything sexual but your still very clearly referring to and sharing a specific video, in the form of a direct link.

Look neither of us can speak for mods or the site owner and I’m not familiar with the extent of the legality but if I was a site owner and I ban something (for whatever reason) I wouldn’t want it to still be promoted on my site.

Personally, I just don’t want the overall quality of the site to suffer by loosening/abandoning post guidelines, I can see it devolving, but that may just be my concern.

2 Likes

yeah i understand, and it is their descision afterall. if there was any change i would make it would be to reduce the text in between sections when u make a new free script because i hate deleting all the nonsense text every time lol.

1 Like

I would like to explain why I am attempting to distribute scripts in what some may consider a troublesome method of evading rules.

Please keep in mind that this is my personal opinion.

Firstly, it is because the site’s policies are concerned with legal risks rather than personal preferences. I believe there is an understanding of loli and shota content.

Secondly, it is because I am displeased with laws created by hypocritical conservatives in the United States. Laws must be followed, but if a law itself is flawed, people must stand up. Let me provide an example: Suppose murder were legally permitted in the United States. Even if the law allowed it, I strongly believe it would be wrong. It must be corrected.

My actions are a form of protest. Therefore, I believe that posts using legal loopholes should be allowed.

4 Likes