What are you using to play funscript and VR

Agreed. I got my Go for $60 on Poshmark (yes, I know, ladies site (lol), but I find deals wherever they are) so it was too good of a deal to pass up. Works perfectly, and came with all the accessories. Plays 4K vids really well and the quality is good enough. I can wait on paying for higher resolutions when Sony drops PSVR 2.

1 Like

Download iFunBox on your Mac (for some reason it doesn’t work on windows, but it works on my macbook). Then navigate to App File Sharing / DeoVr / Interactive and place all your scripts in there. Then use DLNA to stream the VR videos from your computer on DeoVR and as long as the 2 file names (video & funscript) are the same, then it will sync up.

Virtual desktop+DeoVR, don’t have to transfer scripts to the headset or have a dlna server, everything just works locally.

1 Like

So, I could side load scripts and videos onto the Quest and use it with my Launch? Easy as that?

HandyControl + DeoVR + Gamepad + HTC Vive

O Rift S, DeoVR, XTP. I watch 2d and 3d on the rift as I like the enclosed environment. The rift is tethered and everything runs on the desktop so very simple.

With Virtual Desktop you don’t need to load the video and script onto the Quest. You can use ScriptPlayer or SLR Interactive to make the connection to the Launch and play the video direct from your PC.

1 Like

So the Launch is connected to the PC, and the video is displayed on the Quest via Virtual Desktop?

How does do the PC and Quest connect? Bluetooth or Wi-Fi? Reason I ask is my cabin does not have Wi-Fi.

Wi-Fi. Bluetooth is too slow to ensure connection.

You can setup a Wi-Fi hotspot on your phone and it might work, not sure tho.

I cant seem to figure out how to set that up. Any pointers ? Is it a program I have to DL or what? Sorry if this is a dumb question

I’m a big fan of using Whirligig on the Desktop, ScriptPlayer will directly connect via timecode info.
This lets me play videos directly from the PC on my Quest 2 with no fuss.

I don’t know about the original Quest, but the Quest 2 has a USB C link cable that connects it to the PC. You don’t have to get the official one, I got a cheaper off-brand one from amazon, just google for oculus quest link cable.

1 Like

Same as @vashman , I use Whirligig from the Oculus store to watch locally stored videos synchronized with ScriptPlayer to play the scripts.

I’ve used that setup with both the Rift CV1 (first consumer Rift) and the Quest 1 (was pleasantly surprised to find out the Quest 1 now can wire (USB-C) link to a PC similar to the Rift (USB and HDMI) and the Quest 2 (USB-C).

I don’t know if that is the most efficient way to synch VR with scripts, but it’s how I first learned it and I’m too lazy to figure out something new.

Yes, Virtual Desktop is a program you can buy in the store on your Quest. And for your PC you can download then Virtual Desktop Streamer.
You can also connect your Quest with a USB-C cable and use Oculus Link, but if i do that, i don’t have the sound of the video (played with DeoVR) in my Quest (headphones), only on the PC. Didn’t found a solution for that so far.

Can anybody help me with getting DeoVR working with HandyControl? I’ve set up HandyControl to play videos through DeoVR but when I launch the DeoVR app I’m unable to click or control anything with keyboard+mouse? I don’t have a VR headset, I just want to watch VR videos on my PC screen through the DeoVR player.

Interesting, using the Oculus Link to play something like Whirligig instead of Virtual Desktop the audio does come through on the headset.

You may want to check your PC’s audio devices in your system tray (little speaker icon), to see if the Oculus shows up there, mine does as Headphones (Oculus Virtual Audio Device). Setting this pipes all my computer audio through the Oculus regardless of what I’m doing.
Granted this is with the Quest 2, I don’t know about Rift or Quest 1.

Use a gamepad or use the play buttons in HandyControl. Direct player control is not supported. I am using HandyControl to control the video playback.

@xrobin i highly recommend the GliNet travelrouter for 20-30$ with 5G+2G wlan. just plug your computer into it via lan cable and connect the go to the routers 5G wlan.

thats truly a great deal. got mine for 150€ (64GB) instead of 230€ or something in europe and was still wrapped.

That is genius. This is the solution I was looking for beats all the extra steps I was looking at.

I Use Oculus Quest 2 + DeoVR with The Handy

2 Likes