XBVR Guide - Host your own Video/Funscript streaming with Images, Previews and More!

Hey thats fantastic to hear! Im glad you were able to get that working. If you think its worth amending the main guide with any info on MultiFunPlayer let me know!

Would anyone happen to know how to use StashDB to auto-match files using hashes in XBVR? Iā€™m struggling to get it working. I put my api key in to XBVR and rescanned but nothing changes.

1 Like

This guide really helped me get up and going. Especially with the Advanced stuff. I do have a question though. Is there a way to add custom tags through the web user interface? I would like to add tags for the resolution (6k, 8k, etc) of my videos, but there are not tags available for all of the resolutions.

1 Like

You sure can! Click on the pencil to edit a scene, from there you can click on empty space next to the tags and type in any new custom tag you want (or quick search from existing tags).

1 Like

If you want to add those tags to filter videos by resolution.
No need to do this.
Just type ā€œResolutionā€ in the ā€œAttributesā€ filter and choose the one you want.

1 Like

You sure can! Click on the pencil to edit a scene, from there you can click on empty space next to the tags and type in any new custom tag you want (or quick search from existing tags).

Thank you for the reply. When I type in a new tag it does not save. However, an existing tag will save if I select one from the ā€œquick searchā€.

If you want to add those tags to filter videos by resolution.
No need to do this.
Just type ā€œResolutionā€ in the ā€œAttributesā€ filter and choose the one you want.

Thank you, this is a very helpful tip.

Silly question but, are you clicking ā€œSaveā€ after adding a custom tag? I just tested this on my XBVR instance and custom tags ā€œtestā€ and ā€œboopā€ were able to be added to a video no problem (And then filtered for in search).

That is a valid question. Yes, I am clicking Save. I have been trying to add a custom tag called ā€œ5kā€ and that wonā€™t save. I just tried adding ā€œtestā€ and ā€œboopā€ and those did save. So, apparently custom Tags do work as expected except for ā€œ5kā€ for some reason.

Hi everyone, I was wondering, if there is a scene that has multiple parts, how do you link both part 1 and part 2 to the same scene? Or do you have to make a custom scene yourself and label one as part 1 and the other as part 2? Thanks!

That is really weird. You might want to join their discord and ask why that particular tag wonā€™t work. Sorry I couldnā€™t offer more insight.

I took a browse through the discord and it looks like there is some partial support for multi-part scenes, but the method you suggested might work better in some cases. I have also used ffmpeg to concatenate (merge) multi-part videos in the past, and you could do the same with the funscripts (using a tool like funscript.io to offset the later parts).

You might want to ask other users what they use in the discord as well (not to sound like a broken record making that suggestion :sweat_smile: ) as I donā€™t have a lot of experience with multi-part VR scenes, though I understand itā€™s common with JAV.

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks for taking the time to look into that. I will probably continue to label them as separate scenes then. Thanks again!

1 Like

Could you share the APK here if possible?

is there any reason why I canā€™t get any NaughtyAmericaVR scene to scrap?

i really like the software.
but i canā€™t get my osr2 with esp32 connected with it correctly.
on multifunplayer i get heresphere connected and the osr2 connected.
But when playing video nothing happens.
i think it canā€™t find the script path or something?

i stored the files on a smb share that i mapped in windows.

It seems like many have had issues with the OSR2 - I would highly recommend joining the XBVR discord server (xbvr) and asking about that there as I do not own an OSR2 and am not directly involved in development of XBVR - I just wrote this guide to help people get started/familiar since I thought it was a cool app, but I canā€™t do much in terms of support regrettably.

Do you per chance have a working invite link for the xbvr discord? Iā€™m currently trying to figure out why the Naughtyamerica Scraper fails to pull 99% of scenes.

Edit:
Nevermind, Iā€™ve found the server already :slight_smile:

NaughtyAmericaVR has rate limiting setup on their site, so youā€™ll start getting a captcha instead of the actual pages. xbvr has a rate limiting feature you can enable to make this easier to deal with.

Is there anyway to use this for 2D files too. My thought is Iā€™ll tag videos either VR or 2D, but the issue I have with 2D is that when I open Heresphere on my Quest 2, it detects it as 3D automatically.

Anyone know any fixes?

thanks in advance <3

I personally like using StashApp for organizing 2D videos