XBVR Guide - Host your own Video/Funscript streaming with Images, Previews and More!

You can use it for 2d, but it would take a lot of effort. You’d need to create a custom scene for each 2d file you put up, and add a thumbnail for it. I personally just use regular old SMB (File share) direct in heresphere for 2D.

If you aren’t worried about metadata you can quickly create scenes. From the match screen click the green + then “Create”.

I sometimes do this when adding a bunch of 2D video and funscript pairs. Then I can go back through and add a cover image, URL, etc. if I want.

1 Like

Hello, I am new to installing files and things on my laptop so it’s been kind of rough but I got all the way to where you have to add a path to the folder with content and then rescan all folders. I go to my folders click copy as path and paste it onto the add local folder section then click add new folder and when I hit rescan all folders it just instantly says scan complete and there is no video added to my files nor can I match any videos like I never added the file. I’m not sure if I’m doing anything wrong?

1 Like

Can you post some screenshots (one of the folder with the files, including the path to the folder) and one of xbvr? Feel free to black out any sensitive information.

Nevermind I found it out. I was using the right click and it gave an option to copy path when I needed to go to properties and copy and paste the location. Thank you anyways!

1 Like

Thanks alot for the guide! Everything working within one hour (I dont have a large collection atm :smiley:)

1 Like

Can XBVR use with pico4 and heresphere pc?

xbvr is a website. It has a gallery view that works with DeoVR and HereSphere very nicely. If you are using either with your Pico4 then xbvr will work fine.

1 Like

Thanks a lot :pray:

Any news on if this works on linux?

XBVR absolutely works on Linux! I still plan to circle back and make guides for Linux and docker eventually, but you can absolutely adapt the instructions above for Linux!

1 Like

Hi, I’ve recently set-up XBVR to categorise and give me access to my full collection (stored locally on external SSDs) rather than manually uploading and running a smaller set of videos to Quest 3 at any one time. The interface is amazing, and it’s great having access to my full library. However, I have a fairly particular use case in that I want to use my XBVR setup whilst in hotels without a decent Wifi to stream from. My question therefore is can I connect to XBVR running on laptop (with library running directly on SSDs) via a wired connection to headset rather than over Wifi? Would this run over Meta Quest Link for example?

Your best bet is to setup a VPN connection for your home. For example, you could use TailScale to create a mesh VPN for your devices.

• First, install it on your xbvr server at home.
  • Then on the road, use a travel router to connect to the hotel wifi. The router re-shares that wifi connection to your Quest, laptop, and phone over wifi or Ethernet.
  • With a Tailscale enabled travel router, you are then also connected to your home network as if you were there.

Here’s a real world description: The case for a travel router, feat. Beryl AX | David Mohl

I used to travel 50% of the time pre-COVID. I recommend a travel router to anyone doing regular travel even if you aren’t going the Tailscale route specifically. It’s easier and more secure.

1 Like

Oh awesome! Thanks.

1 Like

The Quest used to be able to use USB network cards but I believe that was removed from the kernel at one point.

What you CAN do however is serve a wireless hotspot from your PC and connect the Quest directly to that. I recently did this and after a bit of tuning (there are some guides on setting up your computer as a PCVR hotspot on the oculus subreddit/etc. you can follow, though it may work fine for you out of the box) my performance was great! You can either connect the handy to the laptop’s wifi, or use scriptplayer+intiface in bluetooth mode.

Bringing a travel router is also another great option - GL.Inet make a bunch of pocket-sized options that are amazing for this purpose. Wire the laptop to it, use wireless to the quest and handy, and get internet either from a jack in the room or connect the travel router to hotel wifi.

I do believe there is a desktop version of heresphere as well if you want to go the quest link route, but, I was able to accomplish this with a simple hotspot.

Hope this helps!

The problem with using the PC as a wireless hotspot is that usually requires an Ethernet connection for the PC → Internet link since the wifi is being used for other devices to connect to the laptop. Most hotels seem to have dropped Ethernet as an in-room feature over the last several years, so it would be a bit of a gamble. That’s why I recommended the travel router specifically, despite the extra cost. Travel routers have the extra hardware and software to support “wifi-as-WAN” and act as a wireless access point for other devices.

There may be a way to use a USB wifi card on the laptop as the second connection, but I’ve never heard of this configuration being used. If you’re going to need extra hardware anyway the travel router is a well-tested option. And fortunately the travel routers are generally inexpensive.

1 Like

I believe i was able to get hotspot working with 2.4ghz to the hotel network for internet, then using the 5ghz band for the hotspot. Ill have to double check later.

But to your point, the travel router is the superior option.

Amazing ,thanks for you reply, I actually started looking at these after I posted. This looks like a much better solution!

how to remove the unmatch files by not remove from the disk?

Move them to a folder outside the ones xbvr scans then re-scan.