XBVR Guide - Host your own Video/Funscript streaming with Images, Previews and More!

I guess I was on the wrong track with XBVR. I have a lot of stuff from eroscript and different studios. 2d scenes, animations, PMVs and VR scenes from studios. For VR scenes from studios XBVR is quite good but I was more searching for an organizer for all my videos and funscripts. Btw. Stash wasn’t the right tool as well (at least for me). I’ll use heresphere and SMB for now but I’ll keep an eye on XBVR. XBVR is quite promissing, especially the integration with heresphere makes it quite interesting. And if you have a lot of studio content, than it is a quite cool organizer especially if you have subscribed to multiple studios. Thanks for your help anyway! Awesome description :+1: and mery chrismas to all :wink:!

First off, thank you for your guide. I’m a novice with most of the newest tech, and I was able to get everything up and running. Just tested videos only. The playback is EXTREMELY choppy (like, 3 seconds will play and it will freeze for 5) and the heresphere menu keeps popping back up. What are the possible causes of this? I didnt think I needed a gaming computer to use XBVR. Im using a quest 3 with heresphere. Thanks for any insight!

2 Likes

This sounds possibly like a poor connection. You definitely don’t need a powerful PC, just something that can serve the files to you over the network relatively quickly.

Is your PC on Wifi (Wireless)? If so, is it possible for you to connect an ethernet cable to your PC and the wireless router your Quest connects to, and see if that helps? It’s not impossible to run XBVR from a Wifi PC, but when you have 2 wireless devices (PC wireless to router, Quest also wireless to router) you have all the penalties of wifi, twice, so that could be part of the problem.

If that’s not the case let me know and I’ll try and think of alternate causes :slight_smile:

And thank you for the positive feedback!

Thanks for this tutorial. Nice feature would be to look for the set local folders. If they are present HS could launch XBVR and even set the HS User. This would be useful if you connect a drive or use a veracrypt folder.

Can you explain what you mean a little more? XBVR does support multiple storage locations/etc. - but I’m not sure if thats exactly what you want.

I use Veracrypt for my files and if I mount the folder and HS sees that folder it could launch XBVR and set the HS User. Would be convenient. Also config folder would be nice with the exe file so that also can be in the Veracrypt container all together.

When that happens, it tends to work again when I restart both the app and vr device. Bad timing, but it usually works.

Im sorry but I do not understand what you mean by “launch xbvr and set the hs user”. I would love to help but I am at a loss. Of you can explain a different way ill be happy and try and help though!

OK so lets say XBVR.exe, its config directory and your movies are in a veracrypt container.

if you dont mount your container and launch Heresphere nothing happens - no known folder. You are on the default User, HS is empty.

If you mount the veracrypt container and then launch HS, HS should detect the Veracrypt folder set the user and load XBVR. Shutting down HS should also quit XBVR

This is more a feature request than a problem.

Oh I understand. Yeah that would take some amount of mutual development between the XBVR and Heresphere dev.

XBVR has a discord for feature requests, and Heresphere has a community forum (where the dev is very active) on itch.io if you want to put in a feature request!

Thank you for clarifying :slight_smile: Sorry I had trouble understanding!

1 Like

Great software! The only thing I miss is the ability to sort the videos based on the script speed. I normally like slow scripts and I don’t have an easy way to quickly find the slower scripts.

Good morning!

I don’t know if I misunderstood something or if this scenario is not intended:

I have a Quest 2 and an SR6.
So far I have one video and the funscript(s) of the same name in a subfolder on the laptop.
I use DeoVR on the Quest2 to play it and Multifunplayer for the scripts.
This works perfectly!

However, DeoVR cannot play SMB shares and the hard drive is already full.
Now I came across XBVR, which looks awesome and installed it as Docker on my server.
Added a few test videos and also scraped them. Functions!

I updated the Multifunplayer on the laptop to the latest version v1.29.0 and specified the IP and port of xbvr under Script Repositories.
Unfortunately, when I play a video from xbvr via DeoVR, no script is automatically loaded in Multifunplayer.
I thought that’s what the xbvr server specification under script repositories was for?

This means that I have to download all the scripts that are already in XBVR as .zip, unzip them and specify the storage path in Multifunplayer.
And then you have to manually create the link for each video using the “Map media path to file” button?

I am very confused?!

I apologize, I do not own a multi-axis device like the SR6 so this is out of the scope of my ability to test. XBVR does have a discord with a very active community you could poll for this however! I’m sorry I couldn’t be more helpful on this particular issue.

Thank you for the fast reaction! no problem. But what does the process look like for a one-axis script?
Is it intended that you have to assign each script manually in the Multifunplayer or should this happen automatically?

I think so automatically… but what settings are necessary for this?

Just as an example with a file I tried:

I have the file “Agatha Vega - CzechVR Can I Tease You a Little Bit.mp4” and the script “Agatha Vega - CzechVR Can I Tease You a Little Bit.funscript”
In XBVR the video is successful as “Can I Tease You a Little Bit?” Matched by Czech VR, as well as the funscript which also shows me the heatmap in the thumbnail.
So that should be fine?

How should the settings be made in the multifun player so that it automatically gets the script depending on the film?

Everytime I try to play a 2D video from XBVR on DEOVR, it plays in VR mode so the video is all warped around me. And of corse, DEOVR removed the projection options from the quest app. Please tell me there is a way to watch 2D content from XBVR/DEOVR :frowning:

XBVR only handles/is set up for VR content, however since Deo is the limiting factor id recommend getting heresphere as that gives you full access to projection controls.

1 Like

I have not personally used multifunplayer but can give it a try. Xbvr is tightly integrated with Deo and Heresphere and typically does direct playback to toys through those apps, but ill see what i can come up with, time permitting

1 Like

that would be great. Thank you very much

Loving this and your guide. Any idea if it can work on a password protected file? I doubt it but the tech skill I see around here continues to amaze me.

I wrote to the developer of Multifunplayer. There were a few errors in the version, but they have now been fixed. Now works perfectly!