XTPlayer - Cross platform TCode sync (OSR, SR6) Stream your local media and sync funscripts to almost any device with a browser

Hi, I just downloaded it with my new PC and it keeps shutting down.
When I used it with my old PC, it was completely fine but it’s shutting down this time.
Even I much upgraded my RAM!
(Of course I got the newest version)

Try deleting a single thumbnail and start the app again that is the only way I can get it to run on the newest version is if it has to generate at least one thumb

Start the app with the debug bat file and see if theres any leads.

I just tried twice then it showed like this when it turned off

Sigh, that does look like a thumb generation issue. It looks like both happened after a timeout error. That maybe a clue…

I’ve made some changes to the thumb extractors scope that hopefully fixes these crashes. Its like blind shooting fish in a barrel for me as I cant reproduce these issues. I was able to reproduce the crash on timeline thumb generation and I have not been able to reproduce that since this change. Fingers crossed. Even being able to reproduce that issue didnt make trouble shooting it much easier lol

Hello, after I downloaded XTPlayer and launched XTPlayer.exe, the startup screen disappeared without any response. Nothing else appeared. The same issue occurred on two different computers. My system is Windows 10 21H2/ 0.461b. However, when I tried it on my friend’s computer(Windows 10 22H2), it could start up and enter the software interface normally.
QQ截图20240812121205

Start the app with the debug bat file and see if theres any leads.

this

Wow nothing at all…it looks like its not even getting to my code. Maybe the verbose bat?

It may be an issue with my operating system. I will try changing the system to resolve it.

Well I use windows 10 22H2 to develop with.

Every video added to XTPlayer starts out with 1024ms offset, overriding my global offset. Is there a way to set the default to 0?

Funscript offset?
The media item metadata offset
or global offset?

What is offset the movement or the value?
Are you talking about latency from what you see vs what the device does offset?

Screenshot 2024-08-15 070025
When I select my media folder and load my video files they all default at 1024ms offset. Sure I can go through them all one by one setting them to 0 but I fail to see the reason why they all start out this way :sweat_smile:

Thanks for your work on this app. Only thing that works on my Mac. My only issue is the thumbnails, they don’t work at all on Mac. Just blank squares.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. Global offset is 0ms in settings, but don’t know why when I scan my folders add 1024ms.
Didn’t not understood when I first tested OSR1 I had such delay, but with Faptap nothing. Thought the USB serial was not working correctly

Edit: found out. I set Global Offset to 0ms, remove medias and update metdata. All medias are now set to 0ms

i also have the same issue, and tried your solution, but fail…

Interesting. This really odd. 1024 is a very interesting number. I will investigate when I can and see if I cant come up with a fix for you guys data.

1 Like

YOure not the first one to mention this. I have lots of things to do and only so many resources. I work with a Mac VM so this one is extra hard to trouble shoot for me.

After removing all media folders from XTP run a metadata clean. This will delete all metadata that doesnt exist in the current library selections.
Then add the media folders back.
Of course what ever bug is causing this in the first place CAN happen again.