XTPlayer - Cross platform TCode sync (OSR, SR6) Stream your local media and sync funscripts to almost any device with a browser

Thanks! Yes its just an in house playlist implementation I designed as Ive not taken the time to learn any standard formats. I do have this in the back of my mind just need to motivation and time to do it.

1 Like

Really cool stuff! Thanks a lot.
Does this also work with multi axis scripts? Do all scripts need the additional appendix?

1 Like

Yes and yes

Iā€™ve never been able to get 4K video to play properly on XT. It stutters and goes out of sync. I wonder if itā€™s something to do with the video settings on XT (other media players work fine with 4K). Iā€™m using a RTX4070 with intel CPU and have the priority set to CUDA decoder and OpenGL widget for the renderer - I donā€™t really know what the different options do. Any advice?

Oh wow youā€™re on an old version of XTP. I changed the video backend to the OS. So directshow in windows a long time ago.
Those media options are gone now and they was part of a dead library. I hope to move back to ffmpeg someday when QT adds gamepad support to QT6 and im not relying on a 3rd party to keep maintaining it.

Thanks for getting back to me. I get so used to apps updating automatically I forget to check for manual updates! :slight_smile:
Iā€™ll try out the newer version.

does it supports linux ?

IT works on linux yes. There is a linux build. I dont really have a cross distribution build so you may need to tweak library references to get it to work.

Yes there is no auto update. Just a warning, switching to this new backend did come with some downfalls. The time line preview had to be kind of hacked as the used api did not offer thumbnail generation. as a result there is an issue with it where the program will crash. Its disabled by default now but if you want it it can be enabled in the system settings. If you get frequent crashes just disable it for now.

1 Like

[SOLVED] Iā€™ve just had a new PC and Iā€™ve been setting everything back up the way I like it, but for some reason I canā€™t get XTP to talk to either DeoVR or Heresphere. Iā€™ve definitely got the right IP address as it DeoVR connects to XTP with the Quest 3 app, but I canā€™t get it to connect to the Steam version of DeoVR. Anyone have any ideas whatā€™s going on?
[EDIT] - Solved it. I needed to put the PCā€™s own IP address into DeoVR as thatā€™s where itā€™s running. I thought Iā€™d leave this comment though in case anyone else has this issue! :slight_smile:

internal loopbacks localhost or 127.0.0.1 should have worked.

1 Like

Hi. App looks nice but unfortunately it is probably unusable in my case.

I am streaming media using XBVR to HereSphere. Funscript meta information is passed that way as well. I think that HereSphere has a JSON API to pass the same metadata (incl. funscript file paths) to XTPlayer - but I believe XTPlayer does not support this metadata API.

My funscript files have different names than the video files and have been manually matched in XBVR. Thus, I would like to continue using this aproach.

Is there any capabilities in XTPlayer to support my use case? Either automatically import XBVR DB video + funscript file mappings to XTPlayer OR enable use of HereSphere / XBVR metadata API (JSON)? Thanks.

Easiest way to implement support for XBVR served funscript files is to get funscripts via XBVR HereSphere web API. It is really easy to use JSON API.

See my MFP implementation here: MultiFunPlayer v1.26.1 - Multi axis funscript player - Now with SLR Interactive support - #595 by dahandy

So i have been using XTPlayer with my sr6 for 2D and VR (local playback) and itā€™s great no complaints. I recently purchased a handy and wanted to know if XTP works with it or would I have to use something else for VR content. Currently figured out handy + script player (for local 2D content).

Ive never used XBVR. I would adhere to the funscript standard though for better compatibility with all funscript players.
I donā€™t want to add special code for edge cases. Ive done this in the past and its a nightmare to maintain. If the funscripts exist in the same location and name as the video XTP should see the script and download it. This is how it works with XTP Web. If it cant find the funscript it will ask you to manually select one. Im not sure what metadata you are speaking of. Heresphere sends the same data that DeoVR sends.

If I ever adopt XBVR Id probably look into it but XTP web does the basic functions XBVR does and no need for a dedicated server. I prefer it this way my self.

The current version will not sorry. I may look into integrating buttplug support someday and that may support the handy but I do not know.
MFP already has buttplug support if you want to look into that.

1 Like

Oh I missed this. I attempted to add Heresphere JSON api at one point but the lack of proper documentation turned me off. That and it was still being developed at the time. I may revisit this one day.

Can Funscript modifiers be applied to all scripts?
I donā€™t want it to reset automatically
and I would also like to adjust each axis individually

1 Like

Looking for this feature also! would be awesome

Iā€™m trying to get XT to play nice with deovr on my android phone. I can get to XT in the deovr web browser and I can play videos and funscripts just fine. The only issue is that I canā€™t get the page to scroll if there is more than one page worth of videos. Thereā€™s a white scrollbar on the right side of the browser, but no amount of clicking will move the page up or down. I canā€™t tap and drag either. I also tried using the controller function within deovr to no avail. If I go to the same ip on my chrome browser, I can scroll up and down the videos page just by dragging. Is there any way to get the videos list to scroll in deo?
Thanks