(Yet Another) Unbiased Review of the Syncbot by Iggy

Fair warning, this may not be as detailed towards the design/function as other reviews such as Falafel’s or Slibowitz’s, so if you want to know how it actually works first, go check out theirs. This is an unbiased review, as I purchased a Syncbot myself and did not recieve one from the company. I just wanted to express my feelings and constructive criticism on the toy.

I am not an expert, but I am an engineer and VERY passionate about sex toys and their design.

The Basics (What I used):

• Sync Package lite (not pro)
  • Astroglide lube (I’m not reviewing something using proprietary lube to make it work, needs to use what I typically use)
  • SyncPlayer AND Fun2Sync tool
  • Reviewed IRL, 3D Animation, 2D animation, and Hentai Animation (Episodes), HMV’s
  • Haven’t reviewed, JAV (censored) and VR video

Lets get the GOOD out of the way:

• First, the packaging. The care and quality that V&T have put into the packaging makes it rival the iPhone in the unboxing experience. The packaging was thrilling to open, and with how snug all the items were in even the Lite version, gave the impression that I did not have to worry about any damage being caused in transit. I was also lucky to have mine ship and arrive within a week, results may vary on that.

• Build quality is top tier, this machine feels great to touch and seems durable.

• The Grip/Suction mechanism at the base is great, I enjoy having a toy seem to actually cling to my crotch like a face-hugger and go to town. I do wish that this was also part of the stroking mechanism, but I understand the limitations of the design.

• Battery life is solid, after using it for what seemed like an hour for testing, the battery indicator in SyncPlayer showed around 75%. That is pretty good, especially since they are also pushing a mobile app for videos if you take this to go.

• Cleaning. It may SEEM more difficult than your average sleeve, but once you know how to disassemble the scabbard into 3 pieces it takes less than 10 seconds and is easy to wash and rinse. I’ll have to check on drying times but only took a few hours on it’s own when I cleaned it this morning after arrival and came back in the afternoon.

• SyncPlayer is easy to use, and easy to get going with adding videos and analyzing them for use with the bot. With most IRL videos, it is pretty good at analyzing as long as there is clear action going on that is rhythmic and not as random. It’s not all roses here, but I’ll get to that later.

• Fun2Sync works great and fast to turn Funscript files into the native file. Easy as pie, though with caveats.

• The Pumping feature is, okay. I’d prefer it if the scabbard was a bit longer to allow a longer stroke, but we all know we’d have an A10 Cyclone sized machine in that case, so I’ll let that slide.

Now the BAD...:

• The toy is loud. We’re talking Handy near max loud. I know some people said that it is about a quiet as a well greased Handy but I have to disagree. That said, it’s not a jackhammer on the street, it’s still quieter than other machines I’ve seen, but it’s not something you could run at night in the room next to someone without them knowing for sure.

• The touch pad area is located exactly where your fingers want to hold the machine. Because of this, you’ll find yourself often skipping around videos accidentally.

• The AI does NOT work on Hentai as advertised on their homepage, though I believe this is just a misunderstanding in what constitutes “Hentai”. I am referencing here the episodes of works on sites such as HentaiMama, Hanime, Hentaibar, etc. I believe the main issue with the tool supporting actual Hentai is due to the censored/mosaic’d bits, thus I’d wager JAV has the same issue. I’m not exactly mad that the tool can’t do it, it makes sense why not, I’d just rather the website be accurate and swap the word “Hentai” with “Animations”. (I’m pedantic, so sue me)

• SyncPlayer doesn’t allow you to RE-analyze a video if it has already done so, and marks it complete forever. I’m sure I could hunt those scripts down somewhere on my PC, but I’d prefer if there was an option when right-clicking to see if you could get a better result.

• Maybe one of my biggest gripes is the spinning portion. To be fair, spinning toys aren’t necessarily my jam, however I have two points on this particular implementation:

1. It spins too fast. there were moments where it was spinning at a slower rate, and those moments were awesome, then it picked back up to lathe work speeds and back to being too much. I understand that you can use your palm over the touchpad to slow things down, but I don’t want to hold the toy awkwardly and ruin any immersion just to do so.
  2. because of item 1, the Lube you apply seems to get pulled away from the little nubs and towards the outer walls due to the force of the rotation. This gives it a bit too much friction despite still having lube, and it isn’t entirely pleasant. This can be corrected with application of a bit more lube, but eventually it will happen again.

Now for some Constructive Criticism:

Yes, I was harsh above. But I feel that if you are looking to buy a $370+ machine that goes around your favorite organ, some harshness is warranted. Here are some items that were a bit of a negative for me, but I feel can be corrected or improved and I do hope they are. (I do hope @Syncbot_support is reading all our reviews to provide to the team)

• The SyncPlayer AI struggled with some Animations in 2D and 3D, though for the life of me I couldn’t tell why some worked and other’s didn’t. Two animations I tested seemed to have the exact same motion and position, but one got picked up and the other didn’t. I think this can be improved with time and the models improving, but for now it’s hit or miss.

• Fun2Sync works, but there is some weirdness with the spin. I’d like to see it updated to allow Pitch and roll multi-axis script inputs to potentially use for the rotation and grip to give the toy more direction.

• Need to slow down the spin a bit. It’s too much when it’s fully spooled up and can ruin the feeling. My suggestion is to allow user input on SyncPlayer to set a limit on the max spin percent, similar to how stroker toys have a max stroke setting. This would help users with more sensitive glans still be able to use the toy.

Addendum: After my review, I was made aware of the later versions of SyncPlayer that allow you to adjust the intensity of the spin. I will have to retest using the new version and see if that improves it enough or if a max spin limit is still warranted.

• Please allow a menu item to re-analyze or at least to view the location of the SyncBot script file for ease of updating.

• This is probably not feasible but think about either moving the touch pad area to the top of the toy instead, or just remove it and use hard buttons. The location it is in now is miserable for UX since to center the weight of the toy in your hand, you almost always have your thumb smack dab in the middle of it. Add Lube to the mix, and it gets tough to handle video control.

In Conclusion:

In all honesty, I would consider any comparisons to the Handy to not be apt, as I don’t consider this a true stroker toy. Despite having some up and down motion, I’d consider this toy its own thing, and thus the only comparisons to the Handy I could make would be to construction and design of the toy, in which I think that V&T and SyncBot have done very well.

Though I do have my complaints, I still think this toy is good though I hope improvements keep coming along. The AI tool is a great leap here, but it definitely needs work and I am looking forward to see what improvements SyncBot makes in the future.

I can’t necessarily answer the question “Should I get this or a Handy/Keon/Etc” as you are asking “Do I want a blowjob or some cowgirl on the bed”, it’s apples and oranges and up to your own tastes, either will get you off.

My Final thought on the toy is that it is another good step in the right direction for sex toys, and I wish Syncbot well in the future and look forward to further development.

Especially since I paid $370 for the damn thing and I want to get my money’s worth! :smiling_imp:

13 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

I wish I have a decibel meter for a more scientific measure. I felt the SyncBot is of similar loudness compared to the Handy but it can definitely be more annoying to ears due to the higher pitched motor sound.

Quality control also plays a part. My second Handy is way quieter than my first one, which turned out to have a faulty bearing.

1 Like

I think that’s what I’m registering is the pitch. To me that makes it a bit louder because it’s a bit more “grating” to the ear. It’s not terrible by any means, but I definitely am glad I live in my own place when using it.

1 Like

Btw looks like I’m not the only one feeling so lol.
Forwarded this to product support. Hope they can do something about it with future firmware updates.

5 Likes

So the latest version of SyncPlayer actually has sliders you can use to lower the intensity on each item (Spin, contract, up down)

I’m not sold on how much it lowers the intensity on the spin, but it’s a good start.