Funscript.io - a website for playing, modifying and generating funscripts!

1. very sorry it broke, how old was it? you should do a fundraiser gofundme if it complete then you will get new and add more to Funscript. or contact handy tell them you will make their site better.
  2. Well you can make it work without 2 screens so its good. just needs to say how on site.
  3. yea I was thinking more you could have random stroke length on cycler too.
  4. how do you make what you did, s there guide? what language or tool? is there a link you recommend? or is it too advanced?
  1. Not that old, but old enough that I didnā€™t feel like it was unreasonable. :stuck_out_tongue: And yeah thatā€™s a point maybe I should message Handy and be like 'heyyyyy :wink: ā€™
  2. Thatā€™s a good point I should add some instructions or something
  3. Yeah! Actually I think in the beta site I added that but I canā€™t remember now
  4. Itā€™s all open-source if you wanna check it out on my GitHub! Itā€™s all built in React and TypeScript. I actually believe very firmly that every single human should know the basics of web development since itā€™s so easy to get started, and such a powerful tool to have.
    Iā€™d say itā€™s about as easy to learn, and about as useful, as being able to drive a car. Start Here :slight_smile:

The site is down? Will can we expect it to be back up again? Thanks :slight_smile:

Lolā€¦ as soon as I replied, the site became available again. And it wasnā€™t just my side, even isitdownrightnow was saying it had been down for the past week.

1 Like

Hey everyone, just a heads up that I finally got around to doing the annoying task of updating everything in the funscript.io project that will let me push builds up again. So Iā€™m now actively working on the project once more! Thanks to @linuxguy for reminding me how much I fucking hate rawActions - that hatred spurred me into action haha.

Anyway, thereā€™s a new version of funscript.io available (at beta.funscript.io) which has a few new features. If you havenā€™t tried out the beta, itā€™s a complete rebuild of the site that is infinitely superior in every way. Iā€™m going to be doing some testing of it myself over the next week or two (there are some remaining issues with script playback that need to be addressed), and once thatā€™s done I think Iā€™ll make a new topic thatā€™s specifically about the new site and lock this one. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Awesome, canā€™t wait to try it!

Does this refer to when the script stops playing or is massively out of sync when skipping around in a video?

Also, the List scripts feature looks great! Would it be possible to click on the heatmap or filename (provided they are the same) and have it load up the matching video?

Just wanted to report backā€¦I get the Handy connected and I see the script gets loaded to it but it will not move when I play the video. I want back to the legacy site and it works fine there.

THANK YOU FOR THIS :heart:

Really looking forward to trying this out and seeing how far you take it.
A couple things off the bat:

1. Iā€™m getting an AWS auth error when trying to load ā€œBrowse scriptsā€ (/browse)
    Not sure if this just isnā€™t fully integrated yet or if this was something to take note of
    From one dev to another, I would suggest against printing the AWS error on the page, as it reveals some information about the credentials.
  2. Not sure if you have this on your docket or not, but I feel the one thing that not a single Handy supported site saves my fucking connection key and it drives me crazy - especially when the site has a user profile for you. Will you please, in some way at some point or another, be the best Handy player in the universe and save my connection key :joy::pray:

Again, thank you for your noble efforts.

Not gonna lie, that was something I did in October 2021 and never pushed to the main repo so I donā€™t remember exactly what it was fixing. Iā€™m pretty sure it was an issue that prevented sync from working at all in some circumstances though :sweat_smile:

As for the list feature, that would kind of be more trouble than itā€™s worth since the list page and the browse page are totally separate ā€˜mini appsā€™, so thereā€™s no easy way for me to send the funscript from one app to the other. At least, not without redoing some pretty fundamental stuff regarding how the whole site is written :thinking:

And that sounds no goodā€¦I need to take another look, Iā€™ve been having issues with video playback myself, it definitely worksā€¦sometimes. I remember that being the last ā€˜bigā€™ thing I wanted to do before the new site graduated from beta, so keep an eye out, itā€™s next on my list :smiley:

@cumcorrect90 that first error is just on the old site - Iā€™m not gonna fix it since the old site is on the way out :stuck_out_tongue:
As for the second error - most sites do store your connection key, including funscript.io (both the old and new sites). If itā€™s not saving for you, it might be because youā€™re browsing in an incognito window or because you have cookies turned off.

1 Like

Yes, I suppose then my frustration is more with sites that donā€™t at least save it to my profile since youā€™re correct - I am browsing incognito and donā€™t have autofill on most sites.

Kudos on nabbing ā€œfunscript.ioā€ btw, I know Iā€™d have been psyched if I got that domain haha

1 Like

Well if youā€™re in incognito mode your profile wouldnā€™t be auto logged in anyway, so rather than having to re-enter your connection key, youā€™d have to re-enter your profile info.

fwiw, I regenerated my connection key with five characters nonstop until I got something easy to remember :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is the way.

Tried the new site, liked the look and UI.

Howeverā€¦

The site doesnā€™t pilot correctly my Handy. It says ā€œConnectedā€ when I click, but no manual or script work (even if it apparently uploads these), and after a while, it goes to disconnected again. The old site works normally, of course.

Is that firmware-related? I never upgraded the firmware since there were a number of incompatibilities reported with the recent ones.

1 Like

Same happened to me and I am on 3.latest

Sit tight Iā€™m on the case :sunglasses:
Will be working soon

1 Like

I had the same issue last night. Was going to try again soon :slight_smile: any update?

Itā€™ll be a week or so Iā€™ve got a few other things on my plate with work and I want to have a good couple of days to sit down and finish everything up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool beans - appreciate the update!

local script wonā€™t play on beta with the latest release