Funscript.io - a website for playing, modifying and generating funscripts!

At what point will Kiiroo KEON support be added to this? I see many people have asked for it but I’m not sure there has been any update on when this would happen.

The issue is not owning a Keon. It’s much more difficult to integrate with a device without having one to test with. See this post:

Of course, not having the device makes it harder, however, I’m sure that there are many KEON users who would be available to help test, myself included.

Alternative arrangements such as adding a banner ad at the top of the website will start to generate some adsense revenue so that a KEON can be bought.

Right now it seems that there isn’t a problem-solving effort made to try and find a solution, it seems that there is a shrug of the shoulders and it’s forgotten about despite demand for a feature that many would like and would improve the site drastically.

1 Like

@ilfdsm2, I understand your frustration, but @defucilis is only one person and based on his replies here he has had his hands full dealing with a covid lockdown and other IRL stuff, adding Handy firmware v3 support as well as other site enhancements.

The code for funscript.io is on GitHub so someone with some programming skills and who owns a Keon could help out with a solution and create a pull request for it. I guess the problem is to find someone who wants to take the time to do it.

1 Like

Hey folks, sorry I’ve been away at a workshop the last few days.

@spuzz1127
Yeah this is a nice idea - I’ve actually been thinking about something similar. This would be a subset of a larger ‘program’ mode that I’ve been thinking of :slight_smile:

@Hazman501
Is this on the default funscript.io site, or on the beta site? The beta site has some sync issues that I’m aware of, but the original site should still be OK… I’m going to have some time in early Jan to finally finish the new site off which should solve sync issues once and for all

@ilfdsm2
I really would like to support it, but I don’t own a device so I can’t test it.
Also there isn’t much incentive for me to add it. Most of the features in funscript.io are things that I wanted to exist but didn’t so I made them for myself in such a way that other people could use them. But to add support for a device I don’t have basically boils down to me doing free work for other people. I do enjoy doing nice things for others - lots of the small features in funscript.io are things I made by request from users. But adding first-class support for a new device would probably take me several full days of work that I’d get zero personal reward for.

I don’t want to rule it out because I know a lot of people would really appreciate it, but like I said before - I wouldn’t hold my breath - I have a lot of projects running all at once - in my day job as well as hobby projects, and this is quite far down on my priority list.
That said, my discounted day rate is $500, so if you can find a few people willing to put in some money to hire me to do it, I’d be more than happy to :wink:

Thank you for sharing this tool. It is my primary funscript player. One thing changed though that I would bring to your attention and see if you might consider changing. I rename almost every file I download to fit my naming scheme. When loading files on the old site the filename is displayed on both the video and audio boxes.

On the new site only the video side shows the filename. The audio side seems to either display the original file name or perhaps it pulls from metadata.

Would this be something you would be willing to look into? Thanks again.

Hey! No worries, I’m really glad you like it. I’m hoping to finally get around to finishing the new version of the site in the next few weeks now that my main job has gone from ‘nightmarishly busy’ to merely ‘a normal job’ again :smiley:

Yes, the new site pulls the title from the funscript’s metadata (if it exists) and reverts back to the filename if it doesn’t.
I think I prefer the new way of doing it since filenames can pretty easily get corrupted, changed, obscured in various ways (e.g. REUPLOADED_Hey_its_good_to_see_you.funscript) - while the actual funscript metadata title is like to remain pretty consistent. I think the use case of someone having their own independent naming scheme is going to be less common than people using funscripts that have been renamed / had their filename modified by hosting sites or whatever.

I rename all my files for consistency.

I also rename my scripts for consistency and organization. It also makes it easier to take a quick look in the folder to see if I have already downloaded a particular file. And then there is the fact that >90% of the time the video and script file names don’t closely resemble each other. Oh and some players like deovr require matching filenames.

Hmm - perhaps this should to be an option that can be toggled on or off… I’ll do a bit of thinking! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi, new-ish lurker / Handy owner reporting in. Just wanted to say that I gave funscript.io a spin today and loved it!

The only issue I ran into was related to pausing the video, then restarting, which seemed to break the script, i.e., the Handy would just stop moving and I’d need to reload the page then re-drop the video and script to get it to work again. From reading through the comments, I think that’s related to FW3 not being officially supported by the site yet.

Here’s hoping your progress on the FW3 update is coming along well, as FunScript is a far superior alternative to the official Handy local player for a Mac user that doesn’t have access to ScriptPlayer. :slight_smile:

Thanks for producing quality tools for the community!

beta.funscript.io works with FW3 but it still has the same script breaking issues. It’s a shame because I really preferred both sites over handyfeeling but I tent to skip around a bit or pause to relube on those long CH videos and I had to stop using the site until that issue gets fixed.

1 Like

Yeah that’s been really driving me crazy too.
I’m sorry it’s been so long between updates everyone - the situation is basically that I worked myself way, way too hard getting a big project shipped from August last year until the end of January (i.e. two weeks ago). So now I’m really exhausted, sick and burned out. :frowning:

I definitely haven’t abandoned the projects (I still use both all the time myself, bugs and all!), but I’m barely keeping up with my day job at the moment - I suspect it’ll be a few more weeks at least before I have the energy to get back into my hobby work.

I’ll post a big update here once I do finally find the time+energy to finish the new beta site!!

6 Likes

Don’t burn yourself out, you only have one live!

BTW I love the heatmap function @ funscripts.io, thank you for that!

1 Like

No worries my friend. Takle care of yourself first.

1 Like

As a fellow coder, I absolutely get where you’re coming from when it comes to burnout, so definitely take your time! I mostly just wanted to send some feelers out since this thread was starting to collect dust, and to let you know your work was greatly appreciated by a new community member.

Take your time!

@BuckNekkid - thanks for the beta site URL; much appreciated.

2 Likes

oh i had no idea your beta with FW3 was released… I kept checking the main site, didn’t know there was a beta subdomain

1 Like

I didn’t post about it publicly because it’s not really ready…I mentioned it on discord because it worked around a firmware bug that stopped people using their Handys for a couple of days in like December. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey hope you’re doing well. I know this project in on hiatus for now. I’m not going to ask for an update or anything but I would like to see if you would consider adding this to your list of to-do’s:

This button
on the legacy player allows the user to see the progress of the stroke pattern and didn’t seem to make it over to the beta site. Would you consider restoring that feature?

1 Like

Thank you so much! Thanks to you, I was able to edit my script with Funscript metadata editor!

1 Like