FUNSR1:A toy based on SSR1,Half the price of Handy, surpassing Handy performance

I don’t see any difference between this two update methodes.

I tried to load Tempests firmware but without success. Did you know witch board i have to select in the Arduino IDE? Probably I won’t be able to avoid unscrewing the thing to see what’s been installed.

I remember Khrull had a firmware for SSR1 maybe that one will work? About the board I believe it has an ESP32 on it.

Actually I doubt there’s a code written to cap the maximum speed. In the case of OSR2 it goes as fast as the servo allows, and people had to cap it in the player software.

Good idea, i will also try Khrulls firmware.

I’ve selected “DOIT ESP32 DEVKIT V1” like i have to for Tempests SSR1 but it failed to connect with the FUNSR1.

EDIT: No, Khrulls flash program is also not working, same error message.

@renwoxing could you help us tinkering with this

The driver board and ESP32 used are different, so the firmware parameters are different. Additionally, with the addition of the automatic mode, it cannot be compatible with the current firmware.

The driver board and ESP32 used are different, so the firmware parameters are different. Additionally, with the addition of the automatic mode, it cannot be compatible with the current firmware.

Here are the motor-related parameters. If you wish to increase the maximum speed, you have the following options:

1. Our board supports a maximum of 50V. Previously, we shipped power supplies of 12V and 24V. Using a higher voltage may yield better performance (it will always be converted to 20V, but different power supplies can provide different currents, so strategies differ).
  2. Shorten the maximum stroke.
  3. You can try adjusting the settings in Multfunplayer. I haven’t tried it before.
  4. For safety, the maximum current code setting during smooth operation is 1A. If you want to increase power, modifying the code is also feasible.

For information on how to modify the code, you can add me on DISCORD.

2 Likes

Thank you for this information. I will try with higher power supply again.
Do you have your own discord server?

1 Like

Ok, the solution for me is to take a power supply with 24V. There are worlds between 12V and 24V powered.

Strongly considering this vs the handy. Main worry I have is the possibility of it breaking down the line and my lack of DIY skills in repairing it. Don’t really fancy the idea of paying return postage to china to get it working again.

2 Likes

What I can do is to make it as robust as possible and provide comprehensive after-sales support. However, compared to HANDY, I think it lags behind in stability because its materials are 3D printed, and screws need to be manually tightened. But in terms of performance, noise, and other aspects, I believe it is ahead. Of course, I will strive for continuous improvement to make SR1 better! If stability is a concern, I would recommend HANDY.

1 Like

Does anyone know the process for after sales support? I purchased the Fun SR1 Pro a little over a month ago and was eager to receive it and try to get it up and running. Being completely new to integrating a device with a PC I knew I’d need to spend some time downloading a script player to sync with VLC which I was prepared to do. Once it arrived I unboxed and connected the SR1 to the power adapter and it powered up and auto-homed just fine.I used Multi-fun player and got the SR1 recognized by the PC and played a test script, great progress! I powered everything down and waited until I had more time to get everything set up again but when I tried it never powered up again, the power adapter still works just fine(green lights on the adapter) but inside the SR1 there are no lights on where when I first powered it up when it arrived I could see the internal lights on. I’m kinda sad because I spent a lot of time looking into syncing VLC with Multi-fun player only to have the hardware fail.

Please contact me on Discord.
vrsr6osr2

I have to join the discord but will contact you there and provide info on the order number for reference.

1 Like

Having the exact same issue as above - order arrived last week, set up and connected using MultiFunPlayer, all worked perfectly. Tried to set up again today and seems like the motor unit has broken - light on power supply goes green and Windows recognises the attached serial device, but nothing is moving.

Noting the above post that the motor accepts up to 50V input, I’ve tried a spare 48V power supply in case the power brick has failed, but no change.

I don’t use Discord, is there any alternate channel for after-sales support?

I sent you a private message. I’ll help you solve the problem.