FUNSR1:A toy based on SSR1,Half the price of Handy, surpassing Handy performance

I’m not a fan of having to open a device and tinker with a product to make it work. If I pay for an item, I expect quality and assurance that the product will hold up. I’ve had my Handy for nearly three years and It’s now run its course. It’s worrisome to see people use this device once and have issues.

1 Like

Have had it for a month now and it’s been excellent. I bought an OSR2+ from another well-known seller and it broke down on me and I couldn’t get the help I needed from the seller to fix it. It’s just sitting in my closet. This is a good device, the one I don’t recommend is the Syncbot, it has simply stopped working and they won’t replace it.

I agree with your viewpoint, so I’m willing to take on corresponding after-sales responsibilities when producing handicrafts like SR6 and SR1. I’m also striving to improve integration to reduce the after-sales rate.
However, this is a time-consuming task that requires sufficient feedback to identify and address issues. Therefore, I’m unable to achieve 99% availability at the moment. Currently, the after-sales rate for SR1 is approximately 4-5%. Generally, normal users rarely report no issues because that meets their expectations, but users encountering problems are more likely to provide feedback. This is also why you may notice a higher number of negative reviews.

4 Likes

I appreciate the openness and honesty. I guess for the time being, I’ll keep a close eye out on updates, and when it seems to be at a solid spot that doesn’t rely on self-repair, I’ll invest.

1 Like

does anybody know the differences between the FUNSR1 and the SSR1 (A5) being sold on myhobbiescustomised? I think I remember somewhere that perhaps the motors are quieter on the SSR1 but would appreciate anyone that could maybe list out some differences as I have been quite confused about this for a while. Thanks!

The difference from SSR1 is:

1. A tensioning structure has been designed to adjust the tension of the timing belt, ensuring stability of movement even under high loads.
  2. The slide table structure, compared to SSR1, can significantly reduce friction, allowing for higher loads and lower noise levels in the same environment.
  3. Higher integration, combining ESP32 and FOC to reduce complexity while improving device stability. It also eliminates the need for a USB power supply, allowing for more wireless usage scenarios
1 Like

Mines otw and cant wait to try it out.

1 Like

No in amazon :sob:

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue as you, any luck from the DM you got?

Can confirm that @renwoxing sent a DM and asked me to perform some troubleshooting. I was asked to open the unit and confirm no wires came loose during shipping and whether some indicator LEDs were lit. After responding with pictures, they have asked me to send back the broken device - at their cost - and replace.

I’m currently travelling on business so have not been able to send back yet, but will continue to update this thread with how this is resolved.

So far, allowing for the language barrier, I’m reasonably happy with the after-sales support offered. Some more instructions on how to disassemble would have been appreciated - the inside of the device has a lot of nuts that aren’t captive so if you undo the wrong screw on the outside it’s a bit of a pain to work out how everything went back together.

4 Likes

老哥 电脑可以用 MultiFunPlayer播放器 那么手机呢?

That’s really useful to know beforehand.

@renwoxing Is it advised to add a lubricant to any of the moving parts? If so, would this require the device to be opened up, or can all of the components that would benefit from lubricant be accessed from the slot in the front?

Currently, the slide rail needs some lubrication, but this is not the main source of the considerable noise.

1 Like

目前不支持手机应用

A small further update - seller is being very good about covering return shipping costs. I have returned from my trip, posted back to the given address today, and they have simply asked for the total cost to me. No fucking around. Funds landed in my PayPal account within minutes.

Given that anything electronic can suffer from a bad capacitor or similar at no fault of the vendor, I do not hold it against them at all, and am very happy so far with the after-sales support.

Due to AliExpress rules, the previous coupon expired. I have generated a new coupon.

Purchase SR1LITE with a $10 discount using promo code FUNOSR.
Purchase other items from the store with a $20 discount using promo code FUNOSRPRO.

Not too impressed with customer service. Placed an order over a week ago for a Fun SR1 Pro via AliExpress and item still hasn’t shipped.

2 Likes

This fact coupled with a few others, has kept me from investing. Truly a sad state of affairs.

1 Like

Recently made some optimizations, so the shipping time has been delayed. I apologize for the inconvenience.

My unit has arrived yesterday in France, cleared customs.
Delivery is scheduled for,today, but don’t think it will, still some road to do :stuck_out_tongue: