FUNSR1:A toy based on SSR1,Half the price of Handy, surpassing Handy performance

As someone who genuinely had issues with my order (see above), I do feel compelled to point out that these are 3D-printed parts, largely hand-assembled, and aren’t exactly high-volume items where you’d have heaps of stock just sitting idly on a shelf. Seems pretty reasonable you’d have some lead time on new orders. Seller has genuinely been a pleasure to deal with when problems arose, so take that into consideration as well.

2 Likes

Page on AliExpress says 970 of the Lite available and 961 of the Pro with 349 sold. Doesn’t appear to be made to order.

961, to be precise, does not mean ‘inventory’ because if you list it as 1, the second customer will not be able to purchase it after the first customer buys it. Therefore, the inventory will show a very large value.

The main issue with the SR1 now is that it is undergoing a transition from a handmade item to a product, and it will be in this process for an extended period. Previously, most SR6 and OSR2 units were used by individuals with some interest and knowledge who did their own maintenance and repairs, so users had the ability to service the equipment themselves.

What I aim to do is to help more people understand and use T-CODE-based devices, as the interactive experience is really good. However, this process will take a considerable amount of time. Some users believe that what they are buying is a product, similar to Handy, and the quality control of handmade items is difficult to achieve at 99.9% usability. I need to continuously collect issues and make improvements.

However, users are not obligated to improve the product, so I will do my best to handle after-sales issues, refunds, returns, and exchanges. I believe that if we can sell 1,000 units, most problems can be resolved. If we sell 10,000 units, it can become as excellent a product as Handy

4 Likes

Has the shipment been sent out yet? I don’t have your order number, so I don’t know the order status

Great toy, the only real flaw is that its shape means you can’t rest it on your belly. Holding it in place gets tiring after a while.

Is it because the angle is too large?

Hello there!

I am interested in purchasing the Pro version, and have sent an email to the address listed on your website a few days ago. If possible I’d like to add some additional parts, like a second Open Receiver. And inquire if it’s possible to have the power adapter ship with a North America compatible wall plug.

I have been unable to place my order as yet though because I am having difficulties using AliExpress.

I was hoping it would be possible to send me an invoice through my e-mail I sent which I could then pay and proceed with the order?

Let me know!

Thank you.

Has the shipment been sent out yet? I don’t have your order number, so I don’t know the order status

Yes, order has shipped and says delivery in 3 days. That will be incredible if it happens because tracking shows it is still in China.

Just to let you know I was/am in the same situation and paid premium for the UPS delivery as I wanted to be sure exactly when it was arriving.

The order was placed 23/07 and estimated delivery was on 01/08 on Aliexpress but I still had doubts.

The delivery label was created on 30/07 and surprisingly was delivered on 01/08 as expected.

Just pray that the shipping company doesn’t screw you over!

t should be possible

Okay, excellent! I’ve sent you a private chat message, let me know how we can proceed there, or a reply to my original e-mail works as well. Many thanks!

1 Like

Have not used the sr6 in about a month. Plugged it in, turned it on, heard a pop and the thing starts smoking. Tried to contact seller but when clicked the page is unavailable. Pretty disappointed.
Edit: Merchant was able to walk me through a fix. Will update if this thing explodes my dick off.

These are the types of issues that keep me from investing in these DIY toys. Looks great on paper, but rarely does it pan out well for they buyer in the end.

3 Likes

In such cases, the issue is typically due to a damaged capacitor. The most common reason for this is using a power supply outside of the capacitor’s rated voltage range. Aside from me, no one else is likely to add capacitors to ensure the device’s safety.

Solution: Usually, you can continue using the device by simply removing the damaged capacitor

I agree with your viewpoint. The level I hope to achieve (transforming the SR series from a craft to a product) is not the same as my current situation (where the SR series is still a craft).

I will work hard to identify and proactively address issues. If problems cannot be resolved, I am willing to take responsibility. I sincerely apologize for the current situation: (1) the higher after-sales rate for crafts compared to products, and (2) if a customer who has purchased a product does not encounter any issues, they are less likely to leave feedback. Conversely, if issues arise, feedback is a valuable form of communication, which is why criticisms may be more common than praise. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

1 Like

Is there a way we can build this to have a longer stroke length like 5-5.5 inches?

If you want a larger stroke, there will be other significant drawbacks, such as reduced maximum speed, and the device will also need to be readjusted in length.So at the moment, I don’t have a good solution

An update of my disappointing experience. Ordered a Fun SR1 back on 22-Jun. It shipped on 29-Jun. Arrived in country on 5-Aug (day before delivery was due). Was transferred to a courier company for delivery on 9-Aug and quickly rejected within 1 hour because the courier company doesn’t deliver to my address. The logistics company has now returned the package to the sender.

I know it’s not the seller’s fault - it’s the Ali Express logistics company. Have tried to get a refund but so far have been rejected by Ali Express and the seller has not been any help. Looks like I’ll have to do raise a dispute with PayPal to get my money back. So beware and be prepared for possible disappointment.

1 Like

I am sorry to hear that. I have never had this issue with any of my customers.

If you get the refund I would be happy to work for you. OSR2 and SR6 as designed by TempestMAx – Your Hobbies Customized LLC

1 Like

If there is an issue with the shipment and you do not receive your goods, it will be my responsibility, and I will refund you. Please don’t worry, and contact me on Discord.