How to script in OpenFunScripter - video tutorial

also i was tried two ways

OFS cannot find ffmpeg.exe - Is there a specific location needed? I have the .exe in the OFS install folder…

My ffmpeg is in C:\Users\rukkert\AppData\Roaming\OFS\OFS_data

Thank you, putting ffmpeg.exe in my local version of that location was successful!

I installed the latest version of OFS today but I thought it had some sort of auto scripting function? is that not the case?

Yes the motion tracking funscript generator see this link:

This is a great tutorial. Thank you.

Quick question - would this tool work producing scripts for audio only?

Yes, it does. I made several audio-only scripts in OFS. The waveform function helps a lot in that too.

Problem with install OpenFunscripter =
I have installed all three things (OFS, Microsoft Visual and the LAVFilters). But now, when i want to start the OFS - nothing to see. The program doesn’t begin to work. There is not error information. Only no response. I have no idea, what could i to do now.

1. Check OFS.log file located under:
    C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\OFS\OFS_data
    Maybe there is some lead to what’s causing the problems.

2. Try opening config.json and set: "force_hw_decoding": true (false is by default)

3. Try deleting the OFS folder in AppData to reset all settings and see if it helps.

is there a way to select keyframes from top to bottom instead of left to right ? i know about select all bottom / top but if there is middle ones or multiple upper ones it would make it much easier.

Just to be sure - you mean like this and vice versa?

I’m almost certain you would have to write a simple lua script to achieve what you want.

Thanks for this Husky! I’ve been wanting to try my hand at scripting but wasn’t sure where to start until I found this post.

1 Like

The batch script doesn’t work with the ffmpeg downloaded from OpenFunScripter 1.4.3. The -intra option isn’t recognized. I can’t even find documentation on what this parameter is suppose to do in the first place.

I still recommend Fun Expander 2.5.1 by HeelsLover69 for daily use. The batch files are just a fun fact if you want to tinker about. However I’ve never had a problem with them. I know that there are some weird issues with some versions of ffmpeg (some features not working properly)

Need advice on ofs. Was mainly a jfs user but now studying ofs because of the motion tracker feature. I made a script and for some reason, the timings are off? I converted them to iframes version and scripted a part frame by frame. Basically i script them as they move down to the lowest point and script the lowest point right before they move up. Same with the other one when they reached the peak and start to move down. When i play them back, the simulator seems delayed. I exported the script and checked the jfs and the point where i wouldve put them is diff.

I’m running 1.4.2 version and just checked one of the scripts I currently work on and I don’t see a difference in points position between JFS and OFS, but I have some ideas that might help:

1. Do the point graph in OFS appear as spline or as straight lines?
    I always turn the spline mode off, which have an impact on how the simulator works, although it shouldn’t be that big of the deal anyways.

2. Make sure that you have offset in the “mode” window set to 0.

3. I don’t think that i-frames conversion is the problem here, but it’s worth asking anyways - how do convert your video to i-frames and do you use any specific options during the process?

4. I remember that I had similar issue back in the day where all points seemed delayed in JFS by about 2 frames, but the delay was always the same which can be easily fixed when using the script via offset option in most players, so if your case is similar I wouldn’t care too much about it.

5. If this won’t solve your issue it’s always worth asking the OFS dev to look into it:
    OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 2.0.0 release

1 Like

So 1. Yes it looks like its the same with spline mode. Ill look into that one for sure.
2. Dont have offsets but ill triple check to be sure

1. Converting to iframes, i just use the expander. I dont tick the 25 frames option unless its 60fps. Thats pretty much it.

Thanks for getting me started on stuff to look at

You have solved the problem. Things look amazing now!!! Its the spline. Thanks for that advice!!!

1 Like

Glad it helped! Happy scripting!