If you own multi-axis - do you have SR6 or OSR2?

Hey, I am currently in the process of making 2 scripts for belle delphine newest videos - but i was wondering, should I make them for OSR2 / OSR2+ / OSR2 + twist or SR6? Why not take a poll so we can all find out which one is the most common for other scripters too? I personally own OSR2+ with twist so I’m more keen to do scripts towards this device and I’m being kept from SR6 due to costs of 2 more servos, but let’s do a poll and see what’s the most used device as of now (data changes over time) please let me know in the comments if there has been a poll within the last couple of months, but if not here is the poll:

• OSR2
  • OSR2+
  • OSR2+ with twist
  • SR6
  • SR6 with twist
0 voters
1 Like

I’m curious what you’re planning to do; Is your intention to add additional axis like sway and surge, that are SR6 exclusive?

Disclaimer my multi axis script experience thus far has been from mainly if not entirely PMV or HMV’s like Kawaii vs goth noodledude video scripted by footfanatic514.

I personally feel from my experience thus far that you can do scripts that are just up down and twist axis since the biggest changer for me since upgrading from the Handy was the twist axis. The other axis don’t provide as much impact unless the scripts done are very good and mix well (good example is the linked on I put in my disclaimer) with the up down that I find a lot of scripts don’t quite manage to do well…however when those other axis are done very good and mix well then they beat the twist axis.

Point I’m attempting to say simply is that if doing scripts and you don’t have the time if you don’t have the confidence and experience/skill to do 4 axis+ of movement then just focus that time into doing twist.

1 Like

Just wanted to provide a different opinion:
I have the twist but ended up tossing it in exchange for an open receiver. Reasons:

• Fiddly to insert onaholes.
  • Plastic prints hitting my body (the open receiver does not).
  • Too noisy.

Twist is also rarely used for immersive purposes (usually people don’t sex in helicopter style). I agree it is very fun when purposefully executed for HMV/PMV.

Tempest is designing a new cable-driven twist receiver. Let’s see where that goes.

1 Like

I’ve also found it fiddly to insert anything actually into any of the adapters though I am using the SR6 so I see it as more of an oh well thing plus I eliminated a lot of the hassle/fiddly-ness via sanding down the tooth bits on the adapters since they weren’t all perfect fitting.
Plastic prints I quickly solved by adjusting carefully the limits of the pitch and stroke axis since I sit at a desk (with it attached to said desk) so have it angled slightly and raised the lowest point of the stroke since I adjust the height of my chair a lot and it’s just barely too high at one height level I used often.
For me with the noise I didn’t notice was that bad until I took off my headphones which are even better than I previously thought to block out sound…I also don’t have to worry about neighbors/roomates luckily.

Basically yes and no - currently im using pitch and roll to simulate movement left to right - if there is a proper axis that I can use instead then the pitch and roll would be different and there would be additional sway and surge - so basically osr2 would be just pitch and roll and sr6 would be different pitch and roll from osr2 to make it as realistic as possible according ot the vid as well as sway and surge to complement pitch and roll according to the vid - you cant really use the same pitch and roll script for osr2 and sr6 if you also want to include sway and surge for sr6 unless you dont mind it not being realistic in accordance to the video

Funnily enough @FootFanatic514 is an irl friend of mine and I have introduced him into scripting - I have seen all his scripts before he published them and I gave critique on them lol - I understand what you’re saying and I definitely am confident enough to do more than 4 axis, the main question though is is it worth doing scripts for SR6 (especially since i personally own an osr2+ with twist) when 2 of the axis have to be different (see the comment above) for SR6 or should I just stick to OSR2+ (with twist as it doesnt interfere with SR6 nor OSR2+) which you can use both on OSR2+ as well as SR6? This will depend mainly on what the majority of users have - if the majority has the SR6 I might consider scripting for the SR6 with twist and literally sending it to the person you put a link for for testing (since i dont own an sr6 myself) and maybe building the SR6 down the line (but not rn due to 3 more servo servo cost) or should I just do it for the OSR2 if the majority has it.

1 Like

Fair point on that one - the servos I currently have are pretty loud anyway and adding twist only increases the overall loudness by about 2 decibels which isn’t much - but in general it is pretty loud, the twist itself is a minor issue in my opinion as it’s as you mentioned - it is rarely used apart from what ive seen in a couple of handjob scenarios / blowjobs, other than that it is pretty useless - it is more of a question of seeing if people have the SR6 or OSR2 - whichever one it ends up on I will definitely add twist anyway since it only takes up an hour or so more (max) and it can add some immersion in some scenes and it is something that you can use on both machines - unlike a pitch + roll / surge + sway + twist + roll scenario which is different inputs for both machines

Basically what I’m getting to is this:
If lets say a girl is riding a toy and she is towards the left but leaning to the right, for OSR2 / OSR2+ I would go:
Roll to the right - to simulate her body leaning towards the right
With an SR6 I would go:
Sway to the left (as the body is to the left) with a more minor roll to the right so your “member” doesn’t slip out (its a simplified example) - you can use an OSR2 script on the SR6 with no issue, but the SR6 script won’t be as good on the OSR2 as it’s correlated to 2 other axis that I am scripting to - hence why the vote, what does the majority of users have so I know which device I could focus on. I would love to do it for the handy, osr2+ as well as the SR6 but I am in the end doing it for free just to contribute and I definitely don’t have enough free time to do each script for every device possible :confused:

Honestly I’ve never had this concern before… I’ve always thought a set of multi-axis scripts should be compatible with both model, so that loading an SR6 script to the OSR2+ shouldn’t feel too off despite missing sway and surge (which unfortunately is a hardware limitation).

The way I work with my script is to script roll and pitch first, then add in sway and surge. There’s usually a correlation between sway and roll, surge and pitch, so it’ll be pretty easy to derive them from existing scripts. Adjust accordingly when the pattern changes.

I do notice that the SR6 might “overshoot” on the roll and pitch and that it might be better to reduce the range of motion on these two axes for it. I prefer to do this in the player software instead of making changes inside the script, so that the scripts won’t feel reduced on the OSR2+.

1 Like

Yeah that is a fair and valid way of doing it - I guess I’m just trying too hard to “min-max” it by trying to make sure the user has to do the least work possible to make the script as accessible as possible.

I might consider this approach myself in the end if we end up with a 50/50 poll (± 15%) which is what we’re currently are at - which I’m not going to lie surprised me, I did not know so many people actually have the sr6 in comparison to osr2.

If this is what we end up with in the end I might end up saving some money for 3 more servos and upgrade as I don’t feel comfortable posting scripts that haven’t been tested before (user safety and comfort is number 1 priority). Thanks for your input :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another reason for overshooting is that the length you observe is not the real length. Once there is an angle, what we see is the hypotenuse, so please shorten the up&down length appropriately to avoid danger to the user.

Many users don’t know how to limit output, so don’t be too exaggerated when setting roll and pitch points, and try to be as reasonable as possible.

Sure, the scripts should be kept at a reasonable range. I’ve never said you should exaggerate the motions as much as possible and leave everything to the user.

However, I’d rather encourage the user to learn how to limit output via some simple sliders, than teaching them how to open up the script in OFS and extend the range using MyTools plugin because what I’ve scripted isn’t enough.

The reasonable range I am referring to is very specific. For example, if pitch and roll reach an angle of 30 degrees, the maximum height of up&down cannot exceed 80, otherwise it will overshoot.

Hey, out of the same concern I tried to implement such a thing to the simulator which simulates a penis. I dropped it halfway as I couldn’t find a good way to animate the model.
cock

Now you mentioned that, I think a “ruler” measuring the distance between the bottom of the model and the base of the penis would be enough for reference.

But - we’re going off topic now. OP’s concern is whether the same set of scripts can be used for both the SR6 and OSR2+, or they each require a different set tailored just for them.

The scale setting guide I made unifies SR6 and OSR2+. The premise is that the setting point and video must be 1:1. It is for reference only.

So SR6 doesn’t calculate the hypotenuse? I kept thinking about adding this to the math for Blender, but I only use this mode in forward/backward movements - since I try to specify the real aplitude for the single-axis script.
Blender_C__Users_CyberYou_Documents_eroscripts_AugustSkye_VRHush_Obedient_Cum_Dumpster_August_Skye.blend2024-03-1108-32-39-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter

The pitch and roll angle designs of SR6 and OSR2+ are the same, both are 60 degrees, half of which is 30 degrees. However, the maximum stroke of SR6 is only 120mm, while the OSR2+ is 136mm.

I have post a pm to you about the angle and distance

I know what hypotenuse is, I just thought it was an SR6 concern and didn’t recalculate the Z movements when writing the multi-axis script.
For example we have Z movement 0-100, I add X rotation by 30 degrees, so 100 turns into Z 80 and Y 60 mathematically. But I don’t do this in the scripts, because I thought that the calculations are on the SR6 side. I write in the script Z 100/Y60 unit, X 30 degree (approximately - just so I write to explain my question).
Just confirm - I will redo the script math and release updated versions.
Example of movements taking into account the length of the vector (which is the Z movement).
Blender_C__Users_CyberYou_Documents_eroscripts_AugustSkye_VRHush_Obedient_Cum_Dumpster_August_Skye.blend2024-03-1109-16-39-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter (1)