MultiFunPlayer v1.31.0 - Multi axis funscript player - Now with SLR script streaming

would be great

Have changed my set up a bit so have not been using MFP for a while, but just came here to show appreciation for @Yoooi . Solid, stand up, knowledgeable fella doing gods work.

I am waiting for the likes of VAM2 to mature and I am sure I will be diving back onto MFP for the control of my toys.

1 Like

Totalcommander has multirename tool.

1 Like

Thanks for the PolledUpdate option, that fixed the problems I was having with MFP.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

I have a strange issue with the serial port, when I use the auto connect function it mostly won’t connect and I get a error window. (it works about 1 time out of 30 tries)

If I use the play button to connect it works correctly, looks like they operate differently?

Error when opening serial port:

System.IO.IOException: No process is on the other end of the pipe. : ‘COM5’
at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream…ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace)
at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open()
at MultiFunPlayer.OutputTarget.ViewModels.SerialOutputTarget.Run(CancellationToken token)

1 Like

If you use v1.29 then yes they work differently, in v1.30 they work the same.
That error is very weird so no idea, google says nothing. Maybe try running as admin.

I’m continuing the discussion from over here.

After clicking “script repositories” and checking the “recurse subdirectories” option, my FunSR1 now has movement. However, it takes FIVE entire minutes for the script to load. I don’t know if this is an issue with the device, MFP, settings that I haven’t thought to adjust, maybe it’s me, perhaps it’s a curse or hex of some sorts? Either way, here’s my log file in case that can shed some light on this.

Did you use root of the drive as your script library? What path did you select?
It should be instant unless you have millions of files in that folder.

Change log level to “trace” via application settings at the top of the window, then try playing the video again and wait for the script to load, and post the log again.

My scripts are in the first folder on a hard drive. The path is “G:\Funscripts” and there are 22,000 files there.

After changing the log to “trace” and playing the video again, I noticed that the log includes personal data such as my username, password, and ip address. I don’t want to share this information. Is there another option for getting the information you need for troubleshooting?

I also noticed in the log, that it’s looking for the video in the Heresphere folder on my headset. I do not keep anything in this folder.

Huh? I dont recall ever logging public ip addresses, its probably your local ip address, and I definitely dont log passwords. And each password is always encrypted with windows account when saving to the config file.
I dont even know what password since there are no passwords for HereSphere.

I only need the log from:
INFO|Trying to match scripts to resource [...]
to:
INFO|Matched ... script to ...

Make sure the script library is set to that folder in MFP and not the root G:\, also you can disable recurse subdirectories option in this case since all scripts are in single folder.

It really should not take 5mins to list 22k files unless your hdd is dying.

I’ve had a problem in the past where windows was the issue in causing files to load slowly and such which was part of a bigger problem. Was solved via a refresh/reset. If you can might be worth seeing if the same thing occurs on an different computer.

It’s showing the name, password, and ip address of my smb share.

I tried another script, waited five minutes for it to load, and opened the log file which is set to “trace.” I found “Trying to match scripts to resource [Name: Cake by the Ocean.mp4, Source: /storage/emulated/0].” First of all it’s not in “/storage/…” Everything is in G:\Funscripts. The script is right next to the video and named exactly the same. Then I looked for a line that contained the words “matched” and “script to,” I found nothing. I even did a keyword search. I know the script loaded because the SR1 moved and I saw the heatmap in MFP.

The path is definitely set to G:\Funscripts and not the root. I need to have recurse subdirectories enabled or else it won’t find the scripts with their videos.

I haven’t noticed any symptoms that my hard drive is dying. I would think that playing the videos would have more problems than playing the scripts, and it plays the videos fairly quickly.

Thanks for the tip. I might be able to try a different computer much later, but I’m not sure when.

Thats the path that HereSphere sends to MFP, it looks like you are playing video files stored on quest storage.

So you have HereSphere on quest, and its accessing a smb share from your PC? No idea why HereSphere is sending /storage/emulated/0 path then.

If you are not on latest HereSphere, could you update and then post the log for TRACE|Received "{...}" from "HereSphere" when you are playing the video.

Could you also try running as administrator? Maybe some permissions are slowing the search down.
No idea tbh, this was never reported by anyone, it should definitely take <5s not 5mins.

Anti virus can cause slow loading of many small files - they can’t handle the throughput. Try making a folder with maybe a dozen files and see how that works. Or, temporarily for testing purposes, disable MS Defender/whatever AV product.

I don’t keep anything on my Quest headset. Everything I’m trying to play is either on my laptop connected to my SR1, an external hard drive connected to my laptop which is connected to my SR1, or an external hard drive that is connected to a laptop which is connected via ethernet to my router.

In the Timestamp Server section of Heresphere, there’s a selection at the bottom for the fallback directory if it doesn’t find the script with the video. I tried to leave it blank, but when I do that it just never finds a script. It seems that I can only change this to directories within the headset’s file structure. In MFP, it shows this path above the filename of whatever video is playing as if that’s where it’s located. As I’ve said, nothing is stored on the headset.

I updated Heresphere a few days ago. I’m currently on 0.11.1.

I have tried it as admin and admin plus anti-virus off and had no improvement.

Honestly this whole thing is starting to make me feel crazy because the instructions all seem very clear and I have not seen people with unresolved problems. I’ve actually been reading about your player for a while because I’ve been interested in getting a multi-axis device for several years now. I really thought I understood the process before I made my purchase. I’m starting to wonder if there’s a part of the setup that’s so obvious to everyone else that it’s remained unsaid in all of the instructions, but it is uniquely un-obvious to me.

I completely disabled my antivirus, and I saw no improvement. I did change the script repositories to point to a single folder with a single video and a single script. It actually managed to load and play immediately.

Honestly I think it’s time to see if the problems still occur on another machine. You could try an Virtual Machine if one isn’t possible to use right now but that means it may be difficult to fully test if your connecting MFP to devices. It just seems like it’s time to rule out what it could be wide range rather than specific tiny things to see if the right area is being looked at.

Because from how this seems to be a very specific thing my mind is going to there’s something with the machine rather than program or settings. Another way to fully rule out that it’s MFP is for someone to send over their config file for the program which I believe is fully contained in it’s folder.

Upscale/FPS increase request topic , Video resolution mega poll and recommended multi-axis script along with single-axis script which is a Fap Hero.

I just tried a different PC. Same exact results. Scripts on the machine with a direct connection took about five minutes to load. For the videos on the machine connected to my router, the scripts still fail to ever load.

1 Like

Are you activating a user in Heresphere or are you using default? If you do you need to switch off and then on the timestamp server in HS once after the userchange. Dunno why.

I’m just using the default user right now. I’ve tried toggling off and on the timestamp server, including just now, but that doesn’t seem to change anything.

1 Like

Post the log for TRACE|Received "{...}" from "HereSphere" when you are playing the video.

Also open a windows console in G:\Funscripts, and execute dir /S "Cake by the Ocean*", how long does it take to execute?

Here’s the log when playing something from the hard drive connected to the computer running MFP. I’ve replaced the smb info with “NAME:PASSWORD@IPADDRESS.”

|TRACE|MultiFunPlayer.MediaSource.ViewModels.HereSphereMediaSource|Received “{
“path”: “/storage/emulated/0/BOUNCE (PMV).mp4”,
“resource”: “smb://‘NAME:PASSWORD@IPADDRESS’/Funscripts/%23%23%23Music%23%23%23%2FBOUNCE%20%28PMV%29%2FBOUNCE%20%28PMV%29.mp4”,
“identifier”: “BOUNCE (PMV).mp4”,
“duration”: 203.04600524902344,
“currentTime”: 8.6490001678466797,
“playbackSpeed”: 1,
“playerState”: 0
}” from “HereSphere”

Here’s the log when playinng something from the smb share directly connected to my router.

|TRACE|MultiFunPlayer.MediaSource.ViewModels.HereSphereMediaSource|Received “{
“path”: “/storage/emulated/0/Abella Anderson - The Best Blow Job Ever - BangBros (4k).mp4”,
“resource”: “smb://‘NAME:PASSWORD@IPADDRESS’/Fun/Funscripts%2FFunscripts%20-%202D%20-%202k%2B%2FAbella%20Anderson%20-%20The%20Best%20Blow%20Job%20Ever%20-%20BangBros%20%284k%29%2FAbella%20Anderson%20-%20The%20Best%20Blow%20Job%20Ever%20-%20BangBros%20%284k%29.mp4”,
“identifier”: “Abella Anderson - The Best Blow Job Ever - BangBros (4k).mp4”,
“duration”: 718.91400146484375,
“currentTime”: 137.63499450683594,
“playbackSpeed”: 1,
“playerState”: 1
}” from “HereSphere”

For the second part, I’m going to need some more specific instructions for how to do that. Sorry to be a dunce, but I’m pretty worthless with a terminal.