Old sales post

So here is the crux of the biscuit. (')

If you order your own servos with the desire of upgrading them you have support.

Between the discord and our interactions I can assure you that you will find support in your endeavors. The SR6 has had a beta release and I am working on assembling my first one today. I will be better able to give you an idea of what it would entail since the update looks to have simplified the process.

At this time there is a small amount of concern regarding the SR6 beta and its compatibility with the ESP32 I am about to find out if they are compatible at this time. If not that will add a little time to the SR6 bet orders while I work out a rough fix until Tempest releases the piece himself.

Edit: Everything seems to fit, regarding the ESP32

In short if you can reverse engineer(see how it was assembled, take a picture or two and maybe label the servos so you do not get confused) then it really shouldnā€™t be a hassle for you. You will need an Xacto or something like it and a way to strip insulation from wire and a hex key set.

Well then let me ask one more question, is the main benefit of the upgraded servos just noise reduction, or will it dramatically change the speed capabilities and overall smoothness?

Iā€™ll just go ahead and get the sr6 all the way with the upgraded servos, and no vanilla servos please.

@KakkaCarrotCake Dmā€™ed to help create order.

Man this product needs to go retail

1 Like

I have been working on a response for this particular comment(I have been told this before) for some time so forgive the long response to such a short comment.

I do have a manual for set up and they do come assembled. While there are some wires they are neatly managed.

The base model does not have any exposed wires for those who feel a few managed wires are a deal breaker.( I get it). Only once you start adding on the other features do you have the wires.

With out moving to plastic mold injection it is going to be difficult to reduce the amount of wires showing.

And to make sure everyone understands the real benefits of the OSR2/SR6 let me say this.

The fact that it is not a consumer product is one of the best things about the OSR2 and why it is the better option. It is simple to repair/build and source parts. This is not true for any of the consumer product on the market right now. This point embodies the idea behind the entire device. It is open source. It is actually the main reason I started using the device. If something goes wrong with this device you have a very knowledgeable community that will help you get the problem solved. Not some customer support that may or may not be able to help you based on your proof of purchase and warranty.

The fact is that more consumer product are designed to fail after a certain amount of usage and be hard to fix so consumers have to buy another product. That is not the case with the OSR2 or SR6. If the device doesnā€™t sound like a match for you it is because we are just products of our own environment and we have be sold planned obsolescence for so long we have just accepted it as how things should be. I disagree with planned device failures and say take control of the situation, save money, and be more independent. I promise you will not be disappointed.

How can I say this. I have not yet had one person reach out and say they were. Have there been some issues(shipping carrier damaging parts, forgotten parts, and the like) yes. I always make good on these issues and that is why every customer is satisfied. Growing brand trust is the name of the game and I do not rest easy if I know someoneā€™s experience was less than awesome.

As always thank you for your time.

2 Likes

Hey M0SAIC,

If youā€™d like, I wouldnā€™t mind going behind and fleshing out your guide a bit. Itā€™s a little barebones at parts and I think getting it a little further would help with questions both pre-sale and post sale. I donā€™t want to sink my teeth in if youā€™re already working on something like that though.

Also, I bought the shnitpwr power supply and Iā€™ve been running it at 5V (Ā± .5V due to fluctuations) and it seems to be working alright. Is that around recommended voltage? I tried to find the answer in the Discord but couldnā€™t. Itā€™s not slowing down or anything but I want to to last as long as possible lol.

2 Likes

6v is a safe area.

DMed

Plastic Build Kits now include all Hardware and most electronics. Price Unchanged.

Here are the current sales. They are combinable. One time use only.

HOLIDAYSALE (5% OFF Ends End of Year)
FREEDRYINGRACK (Ends End of Year)
FREEFLIGHTADAPTER (Ends End of Year)
BLACKFRIDAY (10% OFF Ends 11/28 9AM EST)

Orders placed starting Nov 1 2021 will now include 6ft USB cable, desk mount, and appropriate power supply.

I am now including all parts needed to assemble the kits EXCEPT: SERVOS, ESP32/ROMEO, PUMP, HEATING PADS/THERMAL SWITCH.
Before I was only including plastics. Now, all hardware + wires, switch, plug, grommets, couplings, zip ties, wire connectors, wire management etc. are all included.

Let me know if there are any questions.

any plans to add bluetooth functionality? if yes any estimate when? Only thing holding me off from buying atm is that its missing that so need pc
thanks

Bluetooth has a delay inherently and for that reason the OSR2/SR6 were designed without it.

2 Likes

rather not have a delay, will pick one up when have capable pc, thanks!

1 Like

Well my SR6 just arrived and all I can say is holy shiz it is game changing. Setup was fairly easy following the user manual provided on the site. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to take their experience to the next level.

2 Likes

Thank you for the shout out. @KakkaCarrotCake Glad to hear the SR6 was able to help take your free time to the next level.

Where to get scripts which supports OSR or SR6 functionalities?
I got The Handy and play SLR videos. Do I understand correct that most of their videos support just up and down?
What is the advantage of OSR and SR6 if there is almost no content for them?
I heard about XTPlayer which can add random movements on different axis, but what else?
If there something convenient like The Handy + SLR where I can stream scripted video in a second without downloading it and trying to find the script which supports additional axises?

1 Like

Do you suggest new adopters to purchase the osr2+ or the sr6?

1 Like

Sr6 is capable of more articulation and the Sr2 is a bit faster and slightly longer stroke length.

So are you going for speed or more axes of movement?

Topics tagged multi-axis 58 available currently.

I am pretty sure all SLR video are single axis. Hopefully Raser1 and Realcumber will get multi axis implemented and sold with SLR sooner rather than later.

OSR2 and SR6 longer stroke length, easy and affordable to repair, SR2 is definitely faster than handy.

Check out more about XTPlayer and MultiFunPlayer here. They both have some similar features.

Yes, you can use JoyFunPlayer and DEO VR to connect to SLR and stream. Check out the steps here.

I would love to hear from some purchasers who previously owned the handy and how they felt about the upgrade.

Hey, I have the osr2+, and Iā€™m having issues getting all set up can someone point me in the direction for some help?

Is either the osr2 or the sr6 compatible with stash and/or xbvr? I donā€™t have a desktop pc and just use a NAS to host all my stuff which I access from my phone and my quest 2. If not would someone be willing to look into adding support, Iā€™m happy to put up a feature bounty and pay you for the time it takes.

2 Likes