OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

That’s definitely true, but this actually reduces speed when you’re trying to script the video live while it’s playing. Take for example if I’m scripting a video while it’s playing, if I go DOWN-UP-DOWN-UP and that last up is just slightly off, I’ll pause and quickly delete it, skip back a few points and start playing again. But when I get to the point I’m correcting, it’ll go DOWN-UP-DOWN-DOWN, (the last point being down instead of up) because it’s doing the opposite of what it did before, not alternating with the last event. Then multiply that a couple billion times over the course of a script and it’s a huge time sink.

any ideas why this application doesn’t accept inputs from a stream deck? its able to perform combinations of hotkey presses like macros so i thought it would be good to program key presses that produce certain patterns. but the program just doesnt seem to accept any sort of input.

Not sure what im doing wrong but any script I make when brought into scriptplayer for testing after I save is playing back at a faster rate then the video. Any

We were talking in this thread about how it would be good if more creators added metadata. I was thinking it might be nice if, upon starting a new script, OFS presented a dialog to the user prompting them to add metadata right then and there (with a ‘skip for now’ button, of course!)

I feel like that would encourage more people to include metadata, which would make it possible to use that metadata in various application UIs and whatnot!

2 Likes

I’m getting stuttering video playback within openfunscripter which makes on-the-fly recording pretty inaccurate. Just wondering if I’m doing something wrong because I don’t get stuttering with the same video in DeoVR, ScriptPlayer, or MPC. I have the latest LAV Filters and a very high end PC.

If you have e.g. a 7K video source you may very well experience stuttering during playback. I usually find stuttering for HEVC encoded videos, not AVC encoded. I have the same issue in JFS as well. Try downloading a non-HEVC version with lower resolution or re-encode it to AVC with a lower resolution yourself with ffmpeg, Handbrake, FunExpander or some other tool that you feel comfortable with, and see if the problem persists. I usually re-encode all my side-by-side VR videos to 2048x1024 resolution at 30 fps and also remove compression in the video. That makes scripting perfectly smooth. You really don’t need high resolution when scripting.

1 Like

Handbrake is a great suggestion, I’ll go ahead and re-encode with the settings you suggested. I appreciate the help, thank you.

I can’t seem to get this to open. I downloaded OFS-x64_Windows_master-3c65513a6f9a9721860df76704e1ceedc4834d02.exe, installed, and when I try to open it I get a big white screen and then it says “OpenFunscripter.exe has stopped working.” I will admit that I never really know what I’m doing on GitHub so maybe I’m not downloading the right files.

Sounds like the right file. However, have a look at the how-to video @Husky made. It describes how to install OFS properly. You might have missed to install a prerequisite. All is described in the video.

1 Like

Thanks, I forgot about an installation part of the tutorial. So I downloaded and installed the C++ and LAVFilter files, but it’s still crashing just like before.

@burtreynolds Sorry but I can’t help either.

I will be drastically changing how OFS works in the next release.
I’m adding a custom project file format which will be used to save.
When you actually want to use/share the script you’ll have to export to funscript first.
Which is as simple as pressing shift+ctrl+s I added a binding “Quick export” for that.

Admittedly it will make thing slightly more complicated without any immediate gain for the user.
But it’s better in the long run especially for the code (managing a bunch of loose independent files at once is a lot harder than a single file).
Saving directly to .funscript was the perfect solution at the beginning but since then a lot has changed that I didn’t anticipate like loading multiple scripts at once & a ton of project specific settings.
Right now I’m going with a “.OFS” extension if you have a better idea let me know.

It’s going to save & load blazingly fast, although if you didn’t notice how slow the json saving was you probably don’t care.

Any concerns with that?

Does anyone have any idea why I’m getting this error, and how to fix it, whenever I try to open the program?
“The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.”
Reinstalling does not fix the problem.

It seems you didn’t install all or the right C++ stuff you need.

Get the x64 version.

1 Like

I installed the x64 download from the link you provided, but now in the dialog box I get this

WARN: Failed to reflect “buttonRepeatIntervalMs”
WARN: Failed to reflect “font_override”
WARN: Failed to reflect “show_tcode”
WARN: Failed to reflect “LockedPosition”
WARN: Failed to reflect “SplineMode”
ERROR: Failed to load json: “C:.…\keybinds.json”

Then it says OFS has stopped working and closes. I’ve downloaded both x64 and x84 too.

Those aren’t real errors but maybe the configuration did get corrupted :thinking:
Try deleting the OFS folder in %appdata% (C:\Users\your user\AppData\Roaming\OFS)

1 Like

@gagax123 or anyone else, what are your thoughts about splitting this topic into a new topic whenever there’s a relatively major update?

I’d imagine that this will be pretty difficult to read as you go further past 500+ replies.

If you want to keep #software clean, we could also create like a #software-old-releases topic or something.

@gagax123 Ok so I uninstalled OFS, deleted the OFS folder in %appdata%, reinstalled, restarted my computer, and now I get this message in the dialog box before it says OFS has stopped and shuts down.

ERROR: Failed to load json: “C:\Users.…\AppData\Roaming\OFS\OFS_data\keybinds.json”

When you told me to delete the OFS in %AppData%, I took a look inside before I did so. There was a .json file in there, but once I deleted it and reinstalled OFS the folder has been completely empty.

I’ve been trying all kinds of combinations of C++ downloads from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587 and here Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Docs
I have also downloaded and installed the LAVFilters from here Releases · Nevcairiel/LAVFilters · GitHub

@hugecat Yes if there’s a way to archive this thread and not being able to reply to it anymore I think that would be good.
I don’t know how other people would feel about it but I also wouldn’t be against deleting it entirely (every release).
Reasoning for that would be the information becomes out of date quickly and I’ll get the same questions anyway no matter how many times they’ve already been asked :man_shrugging:

@burtreynolds
There’s really nothing I can do. If the there’s no keybinds.json it’s just going with the defaults it wouldn’t crash.
Just in case try this one https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe it’s the one @Slibowitz recommended although if you’re not getting a missing VCRUNTIME dll error anymore it’s probably not the culprit.
Assuming you’re not trying anything out the ordinary like running on VM or something.
From a clean installation there’s really only two places I can imagine something going wrong in the graphics driver or in mpv.
Goes without saying that the current release works on my machine with a clean installation ( I checked anyways ).
So there’s only two things left which is a crash dump Collecting User-Mode Dumps - Win32 apps | Microsoft Docs and from that I’d probably be able to figure out what’s going wrong or attaching a debugger yourself and start debugging (you’d need to be a dev for that).
Getting a crash dump seems to be a pain in the ass like you have to set keys in the registry and stuff Creating an Application Crash Dump • Helge Klein.
If you’re not comfortable with that I understand but there’s nothing else.

1 Like

Thats why I made shortcuts on the main topic in HandyControl. You can just jump to the post that shows a release desciption. I could make new topics everytime but then I would also link them the same way.

It will just scattering my topic if people start posting in different topics and I have to jump around to keep track of it. I prefer one place for my updates as long as there is no post limit on a single topic that will crash the server one day :innocent: