Your Opinion on OSR

May vary according to the choice of servo. But generally speaking, YES, and by quite a lot. Thanks to T-Code and MultiFunPlayer.

This is a slow stroke. The Handy sees it as one command. Knowing the minimum speed of the motor, it doesn’t move until the last second.

The OSR, however, communicate with the software in high frequency. The stroke is sent as hundreds of commands, and the OSR update its servo position after each.

Such frequency is achievable with USB. However also possible via Wi-fi (UDP) and Bluetooth (BT5, not Handy’s BLE).

This is part of the reason I’m more inclined towards recommending T-Code devices such as the SSR1. As a scripter, it means I don’t have to compromise my script to accommodate the machine.

6 Likes

@Falafel broke it down amazingly (and with graphics!!), only adding my 2 cents.

Slow scripts are amazing on the OSR devices when paired with smooth servos. They feel amazingly immersive and real.

Worth calling out that basic cheap China servos are not as good as they have more pronounced “step” between their travel and can feel jittery during long slow movements (still better than how the Handy handles them (or doesn’t handle at all)).

I’m guilty of scripting to the action with zero regard for the toy. OSR GANG! haha.

5 Likes

Oh man I didn’t know the OSR can follow slower scripts… Blowjobs must be insane with it combined the multi-axis. One day I’ll bite the bullet.

1 Like

damn i think sr6/osr2+ maybe what i want

Shit fellas, now I feel like I’m missing out on my own scripts!

Thanks for breaking this down :+1:

LOL wasn’t sure if your name was in reference to the types of scripts you like/author, or the speed at what you do it at lol. If its the former, then yeah man, you def missing out :slight_smile:

Between the two I’d say the OSR2+ strikes the sweet spot for funscript enjoyers. SR6 shines if you also spends a lot of time in Virt-A-Mate, or other programs that generate motions in real time.

To mention that there is also SSR1 which, although only has one axis, makes much less noise thanks to its brushless motors.

1 Like

i think i want the sr6

The SR6 is an incredible device! Scripts are rare sort of, as they are pretty time consuming to do. Though you can use methods like described here to make use of all the axis regardless of the script.

As some said previously, Virt-A-Mate might be the actual best usecase for a device like the SR6, though VAM itself is kind of clunky and you have to prepare to deal with a lot of weird stuff. When it runs though, it’s pretty awesome!

whats Virt-A-Mate

Look here.

It’s basically a VR sandbox “game” with a powerful physics engine underneath. You can either create your own scenes, animations etc or download stuff on the hub from others. It has a desktop mode, so VR is not strictly required, though it’s definitely the way to play it.

Here is an example of a scene made with mocap.

The SR6 shines here, because of the level of customization VAM provides. There is always new scenes, you can change clothing, appearances, even interact in some scenes.

That’s possible with a T-Code plugin for VAM that can track genital collisions/movement and translate them directly to the SR6.

Through the years, I’ve owned 2 automated stroker devices… the first was the Original Fleshlight Launch (the Keon manufactured one that did funscripts through bluetooth and manual control) and the OSR2 (and subsequently, the OSR2+).
When the initial beta versions of the OSR2 were released, I quickly picked one up and it’s been great. I recently did a full rebuild/upgrade to turn it into an OSR2+ and I can say that I’m not disappointed in the device at all.

For all the other devices that have limitations, it’s great that the OSR2+ doesn’t share those same limitations(like on speed and stroke distance). The software to control it is pretty solid too.

It can be a bit of a headache to get working with your setup, but once it’s all done and dialled in; you won’t be disappointed… maybe only in clean-up time/effort.

1 Like

but it looks like i have to have a subscription to use this and im more of the pay once type person

Yeah that is understandable, though you’d only need to purchase one time/month, since VAM is completed as is. So you get the key (should save it) and it would work forever.

That’s because they basically use one general key for all their Tiers (Teaser, Entertainer and Creator) and everyone get’s the same key which doesn’t change anymore.

This would also mean, that if somehow you would get this key from anywhere, you can simply unlock your VAM whenever you like. :kissing_heart:

The maximum stroke of OSR2+ is 136mm, but the length of SR6 is shortened to 120mm. I am very confused as to why it is shortened. I have not studied the hardware carefully, but I think the larger the maximum stroke, the better because some users have a length of 150mm.

This is indeed the case. My point of view is also the same. Moreover, the maximum stroke of OSR2+ is 136mm, while the maximum stroke of SR6 is only 120mm.

Regarding slow stroke, I have a question. What if I insert a point every 3 frames in your first picture? How will The handy behave?

I build the OSR some weeks ago. Honestly because of the T-Valve. I always missed suction when I used TheHandy. But I am very disappointed about the T-Valve, in my eyes it isn’t worth to put in the setup. Now I have OSR with Pitch, Twist and Valve and just use it to go up and down because I am too lazy to add the new axis to my scripts :sweat_smile:

Overall the stroke length is a big plus of the OSR. The sound level of the OSR is to high, but with over-ear headphones it is okay.

I feel you. Scripting multi-axis is veeery time consuming. But you really should try setting up MFP to use the additional axis bound to the one axis you’re actually using: Multifunplayer - TRANSFORM Single Axis Scripts into Multi-Axis

I mean, of course it’s not the same as dedicated scripts and some might dislike the “lost realism” but you can tweak it however you like and it’s actually pretty neat.

2 Likes