XTPlayer - Cross platform TCode sync (OSR, SR6) Stream your local media and sync funscripts to almost any device with a browser

Thanks, clicking the channel default button worked. Would have never thought to click it… :smile:

forgive me if this question was asked/answered earlier in this super long thread, but would this work for a direct keon bluetooth connection to play local video files via browser on mac? (as in not requiring use of VR headset)

Thanks so much for the help!!

Sorry this player only supports devices that use TCode input. such as the OSR/SR6

1 Like

Hi,
I would have a feature request - or maybe there is a solution, but I don’t find it…

A lot of videos are provide with mutliple scripts, like normal, soft, action etc.
I know you can play a video with a different script than the one with the same name, but it is difficult to select it in a huge library. I already tried to use alias for the video, but this is not working within xtc player. So I have to dublicate all those video files which results in a lot of wasted space.

I would like to either have XTC player to be able to work with alias files (I am on a Mac), or even better to be able to identify different scripts for one video and display these in the directory as separate entries. This could also be with special appendix only.

I.e.:
Video file:
abc.mp4
Script files:
abc.funscript
abc_soft.funscript
abc_action.funscript
abc_hard.funscript
abc_double.funscript

(or within brackets or similar like abc[soft].funscript etc)

Result:
in the directory you see 5 Entries, all for the same video, but with the different scripts. Or even better: One entry, with a special color code to identify it as a video with different scripts and then an way in the player to choose from the different scirpts (best would be on the fly during playback ;)).

So you play vidoe abc and in the player you can choose between:
default, soft, hard, action, double.

Does this make sense or is there an existing way to handle this?

Thanks!

It may be possible. I worry about videos that are named alike though. Kind of hard to find a match when multiple videos start with the same text.
If there was a standard laid out for this it would be more feasible.

I did just make choosing a funscript for a video load the same directory the video resides in so this may be a good enough solution for now?
I could possibly make a “Change funscript” Function at some point.

If there is no standard perhaps you can set it using a delimiter such as [$easy$] or [{hard}]? We could even do a poll to be safe. Example filenames:

my simple script[$easy$].funscript
handy_cant_do_this[{hard}].twist.funscript

@lawww My workaround is this for now; I added the mac optionI came across earlier today (works with all players including XTP + webclient):

Thanks for looking into this, @Khrull .

Maybe we could make it simple by restricting it to the same directory. So the user has to put a video with all corresponding funscripts in a dedicated folder. This folder may only include the one video and all corresponding funscripts. With this we could avoid the force of similar names or specific delimiters, naming conventions etc.
XTPlayer would just need to identify the folder with one video and several scripts and could offer in the library view something like a dropdown to choose the script to use.
A nice to have would be a dropdown in the player view to change the script while playing…

Thanks @Bounce , this is a great and working workaround, I did not find this… It is a pain to create all the symlinks, but at least it frees up a lot of space!

1 Like

I just created an aarch64 build for orange pi and it works for the most part. Let me know if you want to test it on a raspberry pi. Ill need to get one setup eventually to test.

I also have an x64 appimage now if youd like to try it.

Hi @Khrull ,

just want to follow up on this topic. Do you have any plans to solve this problem? As there is allready something very similar for the multi-axis scripts, I believe it shouldn’t be too much work from a technical perspective, rather from the concept’s view.

I just need to re-locate my collection and this breaks all symlinks… So a lasting solution would be highly appreciated.

Having a simple naming rule or using folders should be easy and would not interfere even with multi-axis scripts. Happy to help, if I can…

Thank you very much,
Lars

I looked into it a bit and it would have already been in there if it was a simple change in the code base but it is not. It will take a good amount of refactoring effort for this feature.
I would like to have it too. It just hasn’t taken priority yet.

I’ve just updated from 0.28 to 0.43 and now when I’m in full screen there are no controls along the bottom for the video and I can’t access the playlist/settings without coming out of full screen - is this how it’s supposed to be? I just thought I’d check if my system was glitching :slight_smile:

@Khrull Im getting ALOT of CTDs. I have TOO MUCH SCRIPTS.
Is there anything i can do to make it stop?

Nevermind i just found out XTPlayer doesnt support The Handy.

Love XTPlayer great work. I’m having one little issue here on my linux system though. I use XBVR to match the funscripts to all the scenes, and I can then automatically export all funscripts with id’s in front of them:

file:///dl/hdd/Dean/funscripts/20012 - Cumming To A Pussy Near You.funscript
file:///dl/hdd/Dean/funscripts/19950 - Givin' Head To Get Ahead.funscript
file:///dl/hdd/Dean/funscripts/19942 - Sex Sells.funscript
file:///dl/hdd/Dean/funscripts/19907 - Motion Of The Lotion.funscript
file:///dl/hdd/Dean/funscripts/19786 - Hi, Doctor Dick!.funscript
file:///dl/hdd/Dean/funscripts/19690 - Just Tap It In.funscript
file:///dl/hdd/Dean/funscripts/19653 - seXbox Live.funscript
file:///dl/hdd/Dean/funscripts/17183 - Perfect Pizza Date.funscript
file:///dl/hdd/Dean/funscripts/17006 - Just Another Step.funscript
file:///dl/hdd/Dean/funscripts/16224 - Charitable Donations.funscript

I then open XBVR in Heresphere and pick a scripted video. XTPlayer is connected to Heresphere and recognizes I just opened a video and then prompts me for the associated funscript. It even recognizes the exact title of the video including the ID, yet still it doesn’t automatically find the associated .funscript with the same file name:

Screenshot_20230422_195504

I have /dl/hdd/Dean/funscripts/ set as the media library and playback works perfectly fine when i manually click it in the file picker, but it seems like it should do this automatically when there’s a file with a perfectly matching name.

This is correct. When I moved from QtAV to the system codecs I lost the open GL widget QtAV gave me and I need to make my own now.
That’s on hold for now because the latest version of QT now uses ffmpeg but I cant update to it due to lack of gamepad support.
Because gamepad support is important to me, I think i will be looking into alternatives for that and revisiting the OSD after I change back to ffmpeg.
For now I just minimize to change videos or use the gamepad. Ya its annoying I know sorry.

Just FYI if you want to go back to the older version, make sure to reset all settings to default. Particular the channel defaults

1 Like

Is this funscript path in your XTP media library paths? XTP should search all folders specified here for a script matching the video name.

Edit: oh I just seen you do have it as a media library… Well there may be a bug with the linux file system or searching multiple libraries. I’m not sure. Ill need to reproduce it some how.

Is this a recent version of XTP? I noticed you said the medial library but XTP now supports multiple libraries.

You may get a clue if you launch with the --debug argument and check the output.

I got this in the next release and it will follow these rules “videoName”“modName”.funscript Where “modName” can be anything you want but the mod scripts has to start with the FULL video name.
Will probably be out next week sometime.

I also got the overlay back in for the next release but without transparency. That is going to take a bit more work to get working again.

1 Like

Thanks for all the hard work you’ve put into this player. I find it’s really nice to use, and really appreciate that you’ve released it for public use.

Is there any documentation for the playlist format? I like to use a batch script to generate a “playlist of the day” as an m3u8. I was nosing around in the exported .ini files and it seemed like it was some sort of custom implementation with what looks like some data serialization(?), but I could also imagine it was some off the shelf solution.

If not, I’d love to be able to import a playlist from a .txt (or otherwise user friendly format) file in the future!