Topic Ratings Plugin

Could be a useful feature for this forum? If people don’t bother posting verbal feedbacks under script topics, maybe they’ll be good clicking some stars.

9 Likes

unfortunately i tried to install that a long long time ago and it just never worked. not really sure why

Maybe something has changed since that long long time ago? Especially since the linked topic is clearly still being watched and issues reported with it seems like fixes occurring or being suggested?

Ratings on this site barely make sense since its also category and preference dependant. If someone doesnt like futa, and rates it low, its a meaningless rating, but does influence results.
Thats where i think upvotes do a better job.

1 Like

I would personally expect people to ignore the video if they are deciding to rate the script (the site is specifically for scripts not for videos)…however that is hard to do so I would instead hope that they don’t rate at all. You can blacklist users and tags for a reason and well not doing so or ignoring that just so you dunk on something you hate is asking for you to have an intervention of some kind.

It’s a common internet rule I feel at this point of mess around and find out how bad things will get.

Most forums removed the downvote button for that reason. Too easy to abuse, and often forces an echo chamber that only narrows oppinions down.

In some cases they made the up/downvote rates diffirent (like 1 downvote per 10 upvotes). At that point, the downvotes only purge the worst, but these would often be reported as well, giving only a few remainders. It makes it feel meaningless.

An invisible downvote to purge it from the thread lists though would be welcome (with an option to still search for them/see them in case of misclick). As that way uninterested threads will not show up again whenever a new post is made. And no one would even care as its invisible (even to the creator)